• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

34 minutes ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Well at least the Coin actually arrived....

However, its the Wintertime Snowflake version.

Unsurprisingly, it looks like it been returned previously and RM just put it back out again as was. Box is dated March.

Hard to determine what the “snow” is. It could be fluff or its looks more like plastic swarf, plus a couple of hairs in there too 😳.

The capsule is a twist lock and surprise surprise it wasnt locked on and the top just lifted off as I opened the box.

Not surprised, but really disappointed that RM just sent it back out again, which is pretty poor as no attempt at quality control (other than reduced price, also unstated why on web add) to rectify the original issue. Probably should’ve been rejected after being returned. 

It is a beautiful coin and having now seen it, would certainly wish to have one in proper condition.

A6256083-35E8-479E-9FFC-6A56C8057490.jpeg

06D9AD5B-1485-4760-B483-11281A8CEB14.jpeg

If you got it at the RRP price, that's fine, even consider yourself very lucky to have spotted this one. Now, you can send it for conservation and grading and you could be nicely surprised...

Edited by Frenchie

RM probably listed it knowing the secondary market value makes it a good buy for anyone, even with the blizzard.

You have some good options now. Conservation, keep raw, sell, ask RM for a restrike 😂😂😂

Either way, great news that you avoided the cancellation email, well done 👍

2 hours ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Well at least the Coin actually arrived....

However, its the Wintertime Snowflake version.

Unsurprisingly, it looks like it been returned previously and RM just put it back out again as was. Box is dated March.

Hard to determine what the “snow” is. It could be fluff or its looks more like plastic swarf, plus a couple of hairs in there too 😳.

The capsule is a twist lock and surprise surprise it wasnt locked on and the top just lifted off as I opened the box.

Not surprised, but really disappointed that RM just sent it back out again, which is pretty poor as no attempt at quality control (other than reduced price, also unstated why on web add) to rectify the original issue. Probably should’ve been rejected after being returned. 

It is a beautiful coin and having now seen it, would certainly wish to have one in proper condition.

A6256083-35E8-479E-9FFC-6A56C8057490.jpeg

06D9AD5B-1485-4760-B483-11281A8CEB14.jpeg

Bargain.  

Send it to NGC and have it conserved by NCS or find someone competent to conserve it here in the U.K. if you don’t want to grade it. 

Not sure if you took the photos through the capsule or of the coin without capsule but for me, all that is peppering that coin is crud and detritus- I see no major faults in the fields or on the frosted areas and the clue is the same crud covering all of the surface of the coin. 

If you’re having second thoughts, PM me and I’ll give you some profit on top of what you paid.

20 hours ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Thank you all.

May consider conservation, just to try and get it debris free. Probably going to be some scratches under there somewhere and as MikeG said, it wouldnt grade well, but hey, its a Three Graces here and now 🤗

An absolute brilliant find, the debris won't make a difference to the grade, however the damage  that it has caused will,

most of that looks like plastic which has been grated off by the toothed edge, if there is any sharper tooth edges they peel off little bits of the coin capsule.

These then can scratch the surface if not removed from the capsule ,however posting it "as is" increases the risk of damage.

you could buy a camera bulb blower to remove the debris first, which however would risk more damage when removing the coin from the capsule (the frosted rims are easily marked by edge of a capsule),once detritus has been removed, send it for conservation which will sort any other issues to the surfaces, however not the marks.

The holder will keep it good until you want to sell,then  put it back into it's raw state when you sell or keep in the NGC Tomb. I have seen some PF70 with more damage than a PF69,

like this one 6057258-001 PF70, so you do have real good chance on a really good grade. 

This is by far one of the better finds I have seen anyone getting for awhile, so what ever you decide hope it works out  well for you. 

Hi all, I've scoured the pages, but can't seem to find the answer, but can anyone comment on their view of how the set might do in terms of value? The sets are limited to only 500 which makes me feel they are worth the investment, but you can buy ungraded for £1300 at the moment

Edited by BiigT

@BiigTI see you can still get it raw on BCC website for £1,300. They are trying to sell the set PCGS70 set for £1,950 down from original price of £2,250. I think this set was not helped with the fact that they pre graded 70's. I bought the set raw on release and graded with NGC all three returning as 70's. 

Future value my thinking: I only managed to get the silver 2oz version from the Royal Mint. Silver is too risky too hold long term on a premium coin like that. So I sold.  If I had of got the Royal Mint Gold release then I would not have got this set but I wanted a kind of affordable way to own this design.

Will it do well in the future I am not sure but if you do own it and decide to move it on the best time to strike and sell would probably be when the next coin in the series starts getting hyped up early next year. 

It is a low mintage but the market does not only care about mintage. I would say one of the main factors for releases is: Is it from the Royal Mint? If not the amount of buyers instantly drops off. 

Thanks for your reply. I have only just started looking at collecting coins (as oppose to stacking) so I don't yet understand all of the variables that make a coin or set an attractive proposition from an investment perspective 

Edited by BiigT

I’ve seen the 3 graces top out  and drop considerably.  They have followed the 3 peaks.

1 the in launch frenzy 

2 they next week eBay peak

3 first graded coins back on the market 8-12 weeks later peak.

the 2oz gold hit the high of 36-38k when it was in peak 3, this has dropped to circa 19k and they are not selling.  Still not a problem if you bought for RRP.  A big problem if you bought for 25k in peak 2.  

I sold both the 2 and 5oz silvers “raw” both now graded PF70 are selling for less than I sold them. Cheapest 2oz silver PF70 have sold for 1k.

There’s is massive money to be made with these, however there is a flip side, I’ve seen dealers with numerous coins they they can not sell.  

Like @FlorinCollector I can not hold RM silver it’s a ticking time bomb, it’s not a case of “if” it’s a case of “when” you will have issues with the coin.  

It’s okay watching the headline sales figures just make sure you don’t get left holding the baby.  

D

On 13/07/2021 at 08:07, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’ve seen the 3 graces top out  and drop considerably.  They have followed the 3 peaks.

1 the in launch frenzy 

the 2oz gold hit the high of 36-38k when it was in peak 3, this has dropped to circa 19k and they are not selling.  Still not a problem if you bought for RRP.  A big problem if you bought for 25k in peak 2.  

I sold both the 2 and 5oz silvers “raw” both now graded PF70 are selling for less than I sold them. Cheapest 2oz silver PF70 have sold for 1k.

There’s is massive money to be made with these, however there is a flip side, I’ve seen dealers with numerous coins they they can not sell.  

Like @FlorinCollector I can not hold RM silver it’s a ticking time bomb, it’s not a case of “if” it’s a case of “when” you will have issues with the coin.  

It’s okay watching the headline sales figures just make sure you don’t get left holding the baby.  

D

Thanks Dave, pragmatic view as ever. 

In any event, it's a lovely design 

Edited by BiigT

6 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

1 the in launch frenzy 

D

A good summary, it will be very interesting how long the buzz will keep going with Queens Beasts.

Speaking of which, I assume the RM will bless us with a 10oz bullion completer before the curtain finallly comes down. 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

Do you see QB value generally depreciating or doing well in the mid/long term?

Assuming a 10oz completer comes along they should be in demand for several months and some may be a good long term investment, although personally stuck to bullion except for the completer; they will certainly be a hard act to follow so it will I suspect depend on the next hot thing coming out of RM, generally I avoid RM proofs, it's a hell of a job even getting your initial cost back for many/most.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

• 2 weeks later...

Results TCC41

(Una 2oz silver holding the line nicely, too).

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 3.24.34 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 3.19.01 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 3.22.56 pm.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

6k for the Una?? - Has someone overpaid there?

I understand the greater appeal of the Una compared to Three Graces, slightly lower mintage, 1st coin in the series and the original has higher prestige, but is one of these coins over/undervalued with such a huge difference in price?