• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

Recording just for posterity.. also noteworthy silver 2oz Una PF70 managed to hold 6k. 😇

So... quickly comparing TCC37 -> TCC38 (all NGC):

3G 2oz silver PF70 4k -> 2.3k

(3G 2oz silver PF69 N/A -> 1.2k)

3G 2oz gold PF70 41k -> 30k

3G 2oz gold PF69 29k -> 16.5k

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 10.05.05 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 10.05.16 pm.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 13/05/2021 at 13:22, creative said:

My coin is back from NGC via Coins of the Realm.

I think it looks great in the slab. I’ll be looking to sell once I’ve had a look at the most recent prices if anyone’s interested.

0DF81541-8D1E-4F4A-A79F-BE27690DB141.jpeg

Is there anything you can tell that makes it a 69 instead of a 70?

Would be nice if the grader could give detail into their estimation so we as customers understand the reasoning behind it

12 hours ago, Chrisplym said:

Could the lower prices in the last auction be partly weather/bank holiday weekend related with lots of people not at home to participate in the auction? Personally, I was gardening 😊 The 1kg silver 3G looks like it was the Best Buy.

That and a strong £/¥

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

On 31/05/2021 at 07:36, Chrisplym said:

Could the lower prices in the last auction be partly weather/bank holiday weekend related with lots of people not at home to participate in the auction? Personally, I was gardening 😊 The 1kg silver 3G looks like it was the Best Buy.

I think there are way to much coins in flipperhands, so many PF70s and a lot of 3Gs still offered by coindealers. They had to come down. 

Has anyone noticed on online flippers are slashing their prices to offload the 2oz even in pf70

Its weird as they are devaluing it by the day 

The good thing is as long as its worth the mint purchase price I don't care too much 

Flippers are killing this coin that's for sure 

Edited by MikeG1978

Very true the completer coin is another one I got 2 for the kids stacks 

Then they went mental prices flooded on ebay now on the drop 

Imagine paying big money then watching coins lose money gutting to say the least 

Whats being described with the pricing of the Three Graces is a very normal course of action that most popular proof coins take. They get bought up en masse by flippers, sold for profits then as the people who actually wanted them get them demand falls as does price. This has been happening for years now with proofs from the Royal Mint and is very much the norm. Its important to realize what happened with the Una isn't the norm. The vast majority of proof coins sell at a loss several months after release.

53 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Whats being described with the pricing of the Three Graces is a very normal course of action that most popular proof coins take. They get bought up en masse by flippers, sold for profits then as the people who actually wanted them get them demand falls as does price. This has been happening for years now with proofs from the Royal Mint and is very much the norm. Its important to realize what happened with the Una isn't the norm. The vast majority of proof coins sell at a loss several months after release.

Buying proof coin and re-sell it usually, if not always, incurred a loss.  Always need to have a buy, hold and appreciate mindset for having these beauties....

44 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

A good few of the coins that are being sold cheap are toned.   Looks dark for toning but not pretty .   

Does that make them lose 70 status 

Just got my results for my grading for the three graces silver 2 oz

PF69

Sad its not a 70 but that's life. 

Looking to sell at some point soon, will be interesting to see what any of the coin sellers out there at the moment are willing to pay. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

12 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have a great video planned for the whole story, end to end for a winner like this. All the highs, all the lows, the expectations, the fears, the what ifs

Its gonna be magic....

‘...a winner like this.’ The perfect attitude because if every coin graded as PF70 the whole thing would be a waste of time. 

Looking forward to the video. 

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

‘...a winner like this.’ The perfect attitude because if every coin graded as PF70 the whole thing would be a waste of time. 

Looking forward to the video. 

Its fascinating

Raw coin, had an offer of £1800 by a coin company. 

Decided to chance it and go for grading and see if I could get a 70 for that sweet £2k+ 

Now, lucky to get £1500 for it

So there in lies the gamble

No regrets, still well up over £1000 profit, happy days!

1 hour ago, Simmoleon said:

Finally been graded, my 5oz silver

FBDE403F-D47C-4C22-AB46-944DAC86A0B0.png

Nice! Congrats! Mine is still with PCGS. Sent in March, return as FedEx error in April. Sent back in April...still pending. Opted for restoration ‘just to be sure’.......Currently in the encapsulation stage so who knows what it will be. If it’s a 68/69/70 I don’t mind. I would question my sanity in asking for restoration if that happens, but it is what it is. Life’s a dream and sometimes you see ghouls. Just want it back!!!!

12 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Nice! Congrats! Mine is still with PCGS. Sent in March, return as FedEx error in April. Sent back in April...still pending. Opted for restoration ‘just to be sure’.......Currently in the encapsulation stage so who knows what it will be. If it’s a 68/69/70 I don’t mind. I would question my sanity in asking for restoration if that happens, but it is what it is. Life’s a dream and sometimes you see ghouls. Just want it back!!!!

If it helps I had the exact same thoughts; best opt for restoration but if it doesn’t get a 70 how would I feel about the potential outlay for restoration. For this one I got a winner but my 5oz silver Queen was a disaster and came back a 68. Whilst 68 isn’t good it also isn’t terrible but if I sold it I’d take a haircut on it and I was quite ok about the result. Decided to keep the Queen coin and add it to my collection and tbh with my eyes it looks fine. It’s all about learning and taking whatever the grader throws at you

PF69 just sold on eBay tonight for £1350 + post

After all ebays changes lately I feel like it is really not a good place to sell these kind of coins any more.

Screenshot_20210602-202831.thumb.png.af4c0929e7768454d7adcaacca8339bc.png