• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

19 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

This will be interesting especially as the recent prices on eBay seem to have pushed up lately 

👍

I've recently seen 2oz silver PF70 wanting GBP1500 and not selling, and 2oz gold PF70 struggling to get GBP28k (not sold). Also interesting now to see if there's any difference what prices the two graders fetch on TCC. 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 19/06/2021 at 09:07, jultorsk said:

👍

I've recently seen 2oz silver PF70 wanting GBP1500 and not selling, and 2oz gold PF70 struggling to get GBP28k (not sold). Also interesting now to see if there's any difference what prices the two graders fetch on TCC. 

1500 is a good price!

The last 6 or so 2oz Silvers on ebay all went 1800+ and 4 of them for 2.2-2.5k. value is a funny thing though as some coins seem to go through phases where ebay is cheaper and auctions are more and vice versa. 

15 hours ago, sovtsf said:

1500 is a good price!

The last 6 or so 2oz Silvers on ebay all went 1800+ and 4 of them for 2.2-2.5k. value is a funny thing though as some coins seem to go through phases where ebay is cheaper and auctions are more and vice versa. 

Agree, I think £1500 is a good price on these. Maybe once the main flippers have been and gone this may creep up a bit towards more the Una level, I just think the silver 2oz in general has been over graded so now it appears "common" in a 70. I have one or two to sell if they ever come back from NGC but will be keeping some for my own collection as its a lovely coin. I know there have been many issues with the silvers having issues post grading (i suspect someone put hand sanitiser on and it effected the coins when grading, just my guess), so there may be a delay for a lot of these to appear on the market. With the over 1000+ x 70 grades for the 2oz atm, I've not seen the market flooded in the way I would have expected yet.

Just to inform The Three Graces enthusiasts .....we have a Gold 2oz 200 Pound starting at £5500 in this months auction!  No reserve.

https://bidlive.coinsoftherealm-auctions.com/lots/view/4-2V9RP7/2020-three-graces-gold-2oz-200-pound-proof-coin

On 21/06/2021 at 15:13, CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions said:

Just to inform The Three Graces enthusiasts .....we have a Gold 2oz 200 Pound starting at £5500 in this months auction!  No reserve.

https://bidlive.coinsoftherealm-auctions.com/lots/view/4-2V9RP7/2020-three-graces-gold-2oz-200-pound-proof-coin

Hammer Price £15,800 yesterday for the 2oz gold at Coins of Realm auction

After flurry of high prices from first flippers to market, hammer prices are keep going lower

A couple of graded 2oz gold in todays Coin Cabinet sale - see what they sell for 

These don't seem to have the attraction of the 1st in series Una & Lion

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

Hammer Price £15,800 yesterday for the 2oz gold at Coins of Realm auction

After flurry of high prices from first flippers to market, hammer prices are keep going lower

A couple of graded 2oz gold in todays Coin Cabinet sale - see what they sell for 

These don't seem to have the attraction of the 1st in series Una & Lion

With over 1000 Three Graces graded at 70, this coin still has a lot of flipping power left in it. 
It is only now they are coming back from grading so I suspect even more to flood the market. I noticed that on eBay this morning.

Just now, ExpatBrian said:

With over 1000 Three Graces graded at 70, this coin still has a lot of flipping power left in it. 
It is only now they are coming back from grading so I suspect even more to flood the market. I noticed that on eBay this morning.

jeez - over a 1000+ is it really !? i had never checked 

1 hour ago, goldhunter said:

June 16 a raw una and the lion gold 2oz sold for £39700 @ warwick and warwick Auctioneers

I think the 3G gold 2oz sold yesterday for £15800 is an outlier. Someone got a bargain in my view

That's a lot down on last Una lion gold sale in sovereign raritys auction recently

Results TCC39

TCC37 -> TCC38  -> TCC39  all NGC unless otherwise mentioned

3G 2oz silver PF70 4k -> 2.3k -> 1.9K

(3G 2oz silver PF69 N/A -> 1.2k -> 1.25k)

3G 2oz gold PF70 41k -> 30k -> 21k

3G 2oz gold PF69 29k -> 16.5k -> 16.5k*  (* PGGS)

Perhaps interestingly PCGS 3G silver 2oz fetched 2.3k whereas the NGC equivalent got 1.9k.

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 2.08.51 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 2.09.11 pm.png

Edited by jultorsk
typo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Both the PR70 and the PF70 5oz both sold for £3,100.00. There were no 69s in the auction this time. Anyone have a view on the price of those (the PR69 PCGS ones)? I advertised on for £2,999.00 and then dropped to £2,500 but no interest. Looks more like the £2k mark. Is that about right? 

Edited by AndrewSL76

36 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Results TCC39

TCC37 -> TCC38  -> TCC39  all NGC unless otherwise mentioned

3G 2oz silver PF70 4k -> 2.3k -> 1.9K

(3G 2oz silver PF69 N/A -> 1.2k -> 1.25k)

3G 2oz gold PF70 41k -> 30k -> 21k

3G 2oz gold PF69 29k -> 16.5k -> 16.5k*  (* PGGS)

Perhaps interestingly PCGS 3G silver 2oz fetched 2.3k whereas the NGC equivalent got 1.9k.

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 2.08.51 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 2.09.11 pm.png

Flippers gotta flip :( if everyone just hodl'ed would be a different story I think

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Both the PR70 and the PF70 5oz both sold for £3,100.00. There were no 69s in the auction this time. Anyone have a view on the price of those (the PR69 PCGS ones)? I advertised on for £2,999.00 and then dropped to £2,500 but no interest. Looks more like the £2k mark. Is that about right? 

Yeah possibly.... to me 69's should not be so much less as they are almost (not quite) top notch but that's what the market is saying... I sold my 5oz &) a month or so ago and prices have stagnated

5 hours ago, AurumArgenti said:

Got my 3GS back from grading and being conserved. I'm a little bit surprised and very happy with a 70 given the RM troubles.

It just goes to show you never quite know what your going to get when grading a coin.

I also had mine conserved, and i came out with a 70. We will never know if it would have graded the same with out conservation. 

All i am sure of is i had more fluff from the case on my coin than a 70's centerfold model 😅

78av.gif

Sooo, with all eyes and attention diverted to the Queens Beasts release on Monday, only one person spotted this lonely Three Graces looking for a home....

Not sure if its going to arrive or what condition it’ll be in (as maybe its a return) but will be happy just to have one if it does  🤗 

Just awaiting on the “cancelled order” email...

8A4D5A0D-9679-4B09-BA1C-1C3539A5311E.jpeg

Edited by Uksilverstackers

6 minutes ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Sooo, with all eyes and attention diverted to the Queens Beasts release on Monday, only one person spotted this lonely Three Graces looking for a home....

Not sure if its going to arrive or what condition it’ll be in (as maybe its a return) but will be happy just to have one if it does  🤗 

Just awaiting on the “cancelled order” email...

8A4D5A0D-9679-4B09-BA1C-1C3539A5311E.jpeg

😮 WOW!! Good luck mate.

I guess it's always worth scanning the old listings...

4 hours ago, SilverDrum said:

I also had mine conserved, and i came out with a 70. We will never know if it would have graded the same with out conservation. 

All i am sure of is i had more fluff from the case on my coin than a 70's centerfold model 😅

If you look on your invoice you can see if it was charged. I got a 2oz and 5oz graces graded and although opted for conservation it wasn’t applied and wasn’t charged. They only charge you if conservation takes place.

21 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

If you look on your invoice you can see if it was charged. I got a 2oz and 5oz graces graded and although opted for conservation it wasn’t applied and wasn’t charged. They only charge you if conservation takes place.

I am actually still awaiting for the invoice, it's incoming once the coin arrives back in the country with @CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions

Still hoping they blew the fluff off before it was sealed 🤣

78av.gif

Well at least the Coin actually arrived....

However, its the Wintertime Snowflake version.

Unsurprisingly, it looks like it been returned previously and RM just put it back out again as was. Box is dated March.

Hard to determine what the “snow” is. It could be fluff or its looks more like plastic swarf, plus a couple of hairs in there too 😳.

The capsule is a twist lock and surprise surprise it wasnt locked on and the top just lifted off as I opened the box.

Not surprised, but really disappointed that RM just sent it back out again, which is pretty poor as no attempt at quality control (other than reduced price, also unstated why on web add) to rectify the original issue. Probably should’ve been rejected after being returned. 

It is a beautiful coin and having now seen it, would certainly wish to have one in proper condition.

A6256083-35E8-479E-9FFC-6A56C8057490.jpeg

06D9AD5B-1485-4760-B483-11281A8CEB14.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Well at least the Coin actually arrived....

However, its the Wintertime Snowflake version.

Unsurprisingly, it looks like it been returned previously and RM just put it back out again as was. Box is dated March.

Hard to determine what the “snow” is. It could be fluff or its looks more like plastic swarf, plus a couple of hairs in there too 😳.

The capsule is a twist lock and surprise surprise it wasnt locked on and the top just lifted off as I opened the box.

Not surprised, but really disappointed that RM just sent it back out again, which is pretty poor as no attempt at quality control (other than reduced price, also unstated why on web add) to rectify the original issue. Probably should’ve been rejected after being returned. 

It is a beautiful coin and having now seen it, would certainly wish to have one in proper condition.

A6256083-35E8-479E-9FFC-6A56C8057490.jpeg

06D9AD5B-1485-4760-B483-11281A8CEB14.jpeg

I would buy that still for the right price 

Its Worth the purchase price