• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Why is silver dropping, gold holding steady and platinum rising?

It seems a bit odd that they're all reacting totally different to each other at the moment. I would have expected them to move in similar directions.

9 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

It seems a bit odd that they're all reacting totally different to each other at the moment. I would have expected them to move in similar directions.

I stand to be corrected (and there are obviously other factors) but I believe the big traders will be moving from one to another (also going long/short), making as much as they can each time.

Edited by kimchi

13 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

Off the top of my head, everyone hates Silver so it is probably a buy, Gold is King so is probably a sell and Platinum is about to enter a cyclical bull market due to "supply chain issues" growing industrial demand and long period of under investment in PT mining sector.

In other words... Putin

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

• Founder & Administrator

In order to keep this topic on track 'Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP Only' I have moved the recent crypto related posts into a new topic here:

Please use the new Crypto Market Price topic for crypto related posts and keep this Gold Topic on track :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1 hour ago, Paul said:

If that's the case, why does it always drop sharply again to a yet lower price after i buy an oz ?? :( 

Because everyone knows you're no longer there to buy at that price so they got to drop it to a realistic price so the rest of us will buy....lol.

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

Hi all, 

New to forum after some browsing. 

Does anyone else feel we about to see a big upward jump in Gold. Seems to macro stage is set for rises this summer.

Now waiting for the dump 😐.

Hi, @Nero, and welcome!

You are right, all of us we are waiting for the same jump. Everything is perfect for this to happen, all the macro and micro economical - geopolitical - cosmological or comical alignments are from a long time showing the same inevitable rise in gold (and as well in all the precious metals).

This will happen this summer? Maybe yes, maybe not. We don't know. But we are still waiting, grabbing every month more gold, selling sometimes to be able to buy more.

We are addicted. You will be addicted as well, very soon. But it's worth to be addicted in buying gold and other precious metals, believe that!

On long term, if you are building wisely your stack, with patience, impassable at day's spot price, looking forward at year's and decade's spot price, you will be a winner. Or your children will win, if you will lose your race with time, waiting next rises in gold's price.

All the best and happy stacking!🤗

Stefan.

10 hours ago, Paul said:

If that's the case, why does it always drop sharply again to a yet lower price after i buy an oz ?? :( 

.....probably because I bought 2 more ounces after you ! 

I thought I bought the dip as well !  🙄

On 16/05/2022 at 12:33, stefffana said:

Monday again...

Spot going down a bit...

Or a lot?

I don't know.

the-hill.gif

I think I do - a big bounce is on the cards - this week. 
Bought more GDXJ and paper silver today. We shall see?

Still think it will go well below $1800 as it moves with the equities market collapse. When the panic sets in with the CBDC-BS & fiat reset chaos there could be a run to gold we have hardly seen in recent history maybe? Who knows - crazy times & crazy narrative flipping also & the media control the robots. 

Edited by Stacktastic