• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

17 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

I think I do - a big bounce is on the cards - this week. 
Bought more GDXJ and paper silver today. We shall see?

Still think it will go well below $1800 as it moves with the equities market collapse. When the panic sets in with the CBDC-BS & fiat reset chaos there could be a run to gold we have hardly seen in recent history maybe? Who knows - crazy times & crazy narrative flipping also & the media control the robots. 

My wife says gold is gonna get cheaper and she's never wrong. :D 

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

"Cheaper" or "less expensive" ?
I cannot remember the glass half full or half empty meaning - one is an 'optimist' and the other a 'pessimist' but it gets confusing when you add the fact that a pessimist is actually an optimist with experience.

The Mrs is moaning gold is getting cheaper than when we bought it. I'm just happy to get a few quid off my next purchase :D 

23 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

The Mrs is moaning gold is getting cheaper than when we bought it. I'm just happy to get a few quid off my next purchase :D 

I think you need to explain the concept of cost buying average when a price fluctuates!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

38 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I think you need to explain the concept of cost buying average when a price fluctuates!

yeah and watch her eyes glaze over

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

there is help out there, phone the samaritans 😁

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

56 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I tell her it'll come good for our future OAP cash-in but all she see's is what we spent on gold up to now is more than its currently worth. We only started stacking 3 months back. I'm happy enough. I want to buy more :D A lot more!

anyone else think good old Harry Dent might be due his six months in the Sun?

Dollar/oil is oversold, bonds are up & its holding itself better than any other asset!
The equity market is short-term bullish for what seems the first time this year. 
Its hit just below $1800 - gotta bounce, just has to. ;) 

I want £1000 gold to load up - so could not care a less either way. 

Edited by Stacktastic

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Well if that happens I'm coming to live with you.

Why you have 50000000kg of your own?

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

yeah and watch her eyes glaze over

ok maybe start with something less complicated, the offside rule?

1 minute ago, GoldDabbler said:

Her eyes glaze over as soon as I open my gob, there's no chance :D 

I think you'll find thats standard in the fairer sex.....

1 minute ago, stefffana said:

I think will go again over £1500 very soon, maybe until Friday. Now, it is absolutely any macro economical reason to go down more.

you havent been following the strength of the dollar have you? theres your answer!