• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

6 hours ago, Goldfever20 said:

20220509_213436.jpg

Could it be the FED realised just now they hit the iceberg, and that the unsinkable ship is lacking a couple of hundred million seats in the life-boats...? 🤔

--
A sharp increase in interest rates to tame fresh inflation shocks would pose a risk to the American economy, the Federal Reserve said on Monday as it reported a “higher than normal” chance that trading conditions in US financial markets will suddenly deteriorate.

“Further adverse surprises in inflation and interest rates, particularly if accompanied by a decline in economic activity, could negatively affect the financial system,” policymakers wrote in the Fed’s financial stability report, which is published twice a year in May and November.

Consumer finances might be hit by job losses, higher interest rates and lower house prices, the Fed cautioned, with businesses also facing “higher delinquencies, bankruptcies, and other forms of financial distress”.

“A sharp rise in interest rates could lead to higher volatility, stresses to market liquidity, and a large correction in prices of risky assets, potentially causing losses at a range of financial intermediaries,” the Fed reported. That would reduce “their ability to raise capital and retain the confidence of their counterparties,” the central bank added.

The US also issued a warning about liquidity — the ability to buy or sell an asset without influencing the price — following several frenzied months in US markets. A sell-off has wiped trillions of dollars off the value of stocks and bonds while closing the door on new share listings and raising borrowing costs for consumers and corporations.

The Fed said the ability to buy or sell assets at prices quoted by broker dealers had “deteriorated” and was worse than should be expected given levels of volatility. It added that the decline in liquidity might be compounded by brokers and high-frequency trading firms “being particularly cautious” given the market conditions.

“Declining depth at times of rising uncertainty and volatility could result in a negative feedback loop, as lower liquidity in turn may cause prices to be more volatile,” policymakers wrote in the report.

-

The Fed also flagged potential risks associated with a “prolonged” war between Russia and Ukraine, which has already put strain on commodity markets.

“Russia’s unprovoked war in Ukraine has sparked large price movements and margin calls in commodities market and highlighted a potential channel through which large financial institutions could be exposed to contagion,” Lael Brainard, the vice-chair, said in a statement alongside the report on Monday.

“The Federal Reserve is working with domestic and international regulators to better understand the exposures of commodity market participants and their linkages with the core financial system.”

https://www.ft.com/content/0dafe9f5-84f0-41b4-8a3c-190ee2a54781

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Im buying at: 

Gold $1825-1800
Bitcoin $20-13k
Silver $19.50 if it breaks support!

To trade.

Markets should bounce hard soon from today. S&P at $399. 
Fed will probably backtrack a bit sending metals back down & also potential peace deals in Russia etc. by this time next year. 

Edited by Stacktastic

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

Happy to take any 1 oz coins off your hands for £1k today, before they become worthless 😂

I've a pile off 1oz silver coins and I accept your offer...pm for payment details ️ 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

I've a pile off 1oz silver coins and I accept your offer...pm for payment details ️ 

Go to the naughty page, guys!

8 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Happy to take any 1 oz coins off your hands for £1k today, before they become worthless 😂

11 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

peasants metal  😂

Order! order !!

Judge Joe Brown GIF

Gentlemen, the hierarchy is spelled out correctly 

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

― Norm Franz, Money & Wealth in the New Millennium: A Prophetic Guide to the New World Economic Order

gold in sterling terms is usually insulated from the big swings..  weak dollar commodities up.. strong dollar commodities down..   its why every uk pension fund has 30 per cent plus stateside.   even when they are wrong they arnt  

7 hours ago, Paul said:

I think I must be on them trans-folk (sorry i forget what is the correct term to use as there 874 genders last time read)

Im part King, Gentleman and Slave (thanks to Royal Mint credit account) 

Over here youdbe PPU, piss poor unlucky...I have had fedex hold my post for two days in Tennessee, nobody wants to be in Tennesee for two day...nobody.

On 10/05/2022 at 09:14, Stacktastic said:

Im buying at: 

Gold $1825-1800
Bitcoin $20-13k
Silver $19.50 if it breaks support!

To trade.

Markets should bounce hard soon from today. S&P at $399. 
Fed will probably backtrack a bit sending metals back down & also potential peace deals in Russia etc. by this time next year. 

BTC taking another dump, looks like you will get your price. It doesn't look like it will stop falling until Luna sorts it's affairs out. 

29 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

Just need gold down to $1750 now to stock up before it takes off ? 

I don’t know if there is much of a case for gold to go up either in current times. 

Most likely going into a recession and liquidity being sucked out of the system.