• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

13 hours ago, banyancb said:

The increase in interest rates causes USD to strengthen, meaning gold will drop… in theory.

Great - lets hope for well below $1800 - Im sitting tight & waiting. 
Bought 3kg silver last week. the last few months has proved to me that metals are going a lot higher (probably). :)
Its becoming a no brainer at certain prices. 

7 hours ago, dicker said:

Bitcoin is going down and in my opinion will go lower than USD30k soon

Yeah 20k literally spot on it if TSHTF with regards to the money supply as thats whats cased it & that will break it.
The fed will back peddle though. Im in at $20k, all in at $10k

A lot of people that are 100% will be hating michael saylor next year as if this depression occurs bitcoin will be toast. ;)
But cbdc's & totalitarianism could really spike it? still think the US invented crypto - it would be banned by now!!
Its a fab way of collecting non institutional speculators gamblers savings handouts back isnt it. 
Or sending wealth to other developing countries - I do think the switch around from west to east is being managed??

Edited by Stacktastic

9 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Its a fab way of collecting non institutional speculators gamblers savings handouts back isnt it. 
Or sending wealth to other developing countries - I do think the switch around from west to east is being managed??

7D4BD527-B8E4-4699-BB2F-5FA1628E2E46.thumb.jpeg.91292d1fb36f4e633f7117ab2924a4e2.jpeg

17 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

The GBP is tanking. The current exchange rate is 1.23 against USD.  If it drops further, then even at $1800 could still well be £1500 !! 🙄

I am hoping that cable will go back to 1.3... soon, gold will be back at around £1350-1400🤞🏻

When I saw the Fed had raised intereste rates to 1.0%, I thought that would be good for the dollar, therefore bad for gold, at least in the short term.

Gold rose slightly in £s.

I also thought the Fed hike would be bad for sterling, although I should have realised that the BoE were highly likely to follow suit which they did.

Again, I thought that might make gold dip at least for a few days, but was wrong again.

However, we are now hearing "official" inflation forecasts of 10% or higher, which I have been expecting for a while now. Perhaps this is why gold has stayed strong.

If we do suffer 10% inflation, to my mind that should make gold worth 10% more.

Only time will tell, but we won't be "shorting" gold.

😎

Chards

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Think my next 1oz gold purchase I'm due in a fortnight might be BTC instead with the big dip

I am currently looking under my sofa for some spare cash. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Bigmarc @Paul If BOE gets rates to the desired rate of 2.25% by next summer you will have plenty of time to find cash for the lows.

Who knows what's in store for prices and valuations if we are all being honest. Everything is just a calculated pint/educated gamble.

Might start loading up on pumpkins in Oct and think they peak right about January 

15 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Bigmarc @Paul If BOE gets rates to the desired rate of 2.25% by next summer you will have plenty of time to find cash for the lows.

I've got cash saved for silver just having a mental battle not to commit it to something I am already down on. 

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Might start loading up on pumpkins in Oct and think they peak right about January 

You may well be right following the simpsons with the things they have been right about.  I'm looking for BTC @ $24k, Gold haven't a clue on. I am not sweating about anything and will not try to catch the market. Unless your leveraged no one should worry/