• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

I'm not sure? I think crypo currancies and blockchain fuctions, have their place in the near future. But I'm not convinced on the long bid on these tokens? It's not really out of the system. There's kids in the US getting jailed now, for not paying cap gains on crypto holdings. 

19 hours ago, Swampy said:

Instead I've taken the money and put it into a new Coinbase account. 

But at this point, I'll be honest, and say - I feel very uncertain about this idea and it just feels like a massive gamble.

I wouldn't hang about, I think it will shoot up soon. 
Luckily I put £1000 in blockchain stocks before the close yesterday,
I cant see it dropping again, but the markets are pretty red atm.
but yes it is a gamble as it can go down as well as up. 

With a falling gold price its a good hedge to put at least 5% to crypto. 
Plus you can set stop losses which you cant do on a stack of metal. ;)

I cant see any other asset that worth purchasing which makes me wonder if sitting on cash is a better option. 
Gold will come back hard I think it just needs the catalyst. Its no secret to anyone who is savvy that its on sale right now. 
Bit like the oil deals last summer. 

Edited by Stacktastic

13 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Absolute sleeping tiger.

This is a fabulously simple video & I would say very accurate for a prediction. 
The best bit is he has said that gold will bounce around April May support.
Towards the second half of This year it should go up with: 

- inflation,
- bond yields and feds responses
- capital gains tax changes on large companies
- tech and general stock market corrections/crashes

He has been buying GDXJ recently as a bounce trade, but will be topping up his GLD soon. 
He has not mentioned unemployment & stimulus, but I think that will massively affect things. 

It would be nice to be a sleeping tiger for a few month, so I can get back to work, earn money and buy some physical. :)
Ideally I can sell some tech stocks at an all time high too. 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Stacktastic

Are the gold buyers from last September still happy with their "investment" ?
Did you dig out the BullSh*t published 6 months ago about now is the best time to buy etc ??
Scary times ahead so do you jump in now or wait for further dips ?
I bought gold this week and already showing a little pain but when will we see the bottom - any time travellers willing to input their data ?????

1466809051_Screenshot2021-03-04at16_01_03.thumb.png.ad4e94a0c0b6a81fc09c6097fb061181.png

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

Did you dig out the BullSh*t published 6 months ago about now is the best time to buy etc ??
I bought gold this week and already showing a little pain but when will we see the bottom - any time travellers willing to input their data ?????

1466809051_Screenshot2021-03-04at16_01_03.thumb.png.ad4e94a0c0b6a81fc09c6097fb061181.png

You will find them saying now is the best time to buy, then next week will be the best time to buy also in 6 months it will be the best time to buy, i just wonder if they are getting kick backs.

36 minutes ago, Pipers said:

You will find them saying now is the best time to buy, then next week will be the best time to buy also in 6 months it will be the best time to buy, i just wonder if they are getting kick backs.

Yes, I agree. In any moment it is a good time to buy if you are looking for medium to long term of 5-20 yrs. In next future will be minimum one day when the price will be higher than the moment when you have bought and you can recover your money invested. I am still buying. 

If you are looking only for short term, it is another story.

Cheers!

Stefan.

13 minutes ago, JosephM said:

@Pete Only one that got me was paying £1400 for the last qb couldn’t hold out any longer and look what happens. Ohwell.

I hesitated buying a QB when it was priced at £1,050 believing it would fall to below £1,000 but today I would have to pay about £1,600 so that's put an end to collecting them all.
Kind of tempting to sell my QB gold coins, take profits and buy 2021 sovereigns which are currently a decent price.

I regret not bagging a 50 pesos from HGM years ago when the price dipped below a grand!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Problem is that with every decrease in spot price comes a decrease in available stock at dealers.

And considering that refineries experienced lockdowns last year, it's not going to be pretty. 

I've just gone through todays emails and read the summery from 'Bullion by Post'... 

"Gold might be at $1,717.10 per ounce, but the forecast to hit $2,300 this year still stands. Gold does well in times of inflation, and people will realise that as the year goes on"

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Depends on why you bought I suppose - I  bought gold last year not as an 'investment ' but as a hedge given the uncertainty of the times. If I had wanted to make real money I would have thrown it all Bitcoin  or a couple of key stocks but that's the wonder of hindsight (and time travel 😀)  - as in reality I never would have gambled with my assets and gone 'all in' like that so not much point feeling sore about it. I 'm personally  not staking gold is going to 'shoot to the moon' , but its nice to have just in case everything else goes pear shaped!

36 minutes ago, Swampy said:

I've just gone through todays emails and read the summery from 'Bullion by Post'... 

"Gold might be at $1,717.10 per ounce, but the forecast to hit $2,300 this year still stands. Gold does well in times of inflation, and people will realise that as the year goes on"

Same email - for a giggle I went on BBP and was met with wall to wall "awaiting stock".  Buy! Buy! Buy! (if we have it in... ;-)). 

edit - even the Royal Mint is getting in on the pumping action - just received an email urging me to buy now as the price is a dropping...

Edited by Cogload

I still think we're in the period highlighted, something will happen to kick gold on to the next leg up, probably come down more in the meantime

It's that or the world just opens up out of covid like nothing happened, all the jobs come back, all the new heavy debt doesn't matter, all the businesses lost and struggling just spring back to flourishing 

nextlegup.thumb.jpg.4ff97b6ae6c0b6c08271f28ddc47fa39.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

We are talking about Gold , we have no reason to doubt it , as a safe haven it has always done it’s job throughout the history and will continue to do so , no reason to be concerned about Gold unless you looked at it as a short term investment when you bought it .

So Don’t worry, the situation is good as Gold 😉

Gold is forever wealth as belangp says. Your ozs haven’t dropped just the currency value linked to it (which in reality is not really linked). 

Its a store of value a commodity. It does what they say it does. Be grateful you have it, most people don’t....

Always was very interesting the reaction of investors when are this type of fluctuations of spot gold price. More pandemic than a virus is the panic.

But what are doing now the biggest National Banks all around the world? They are selling? Definitely not. They are buying, especially when is expected a  storm of crisis, to consolidate their currencies when necessary. 

I will do the same. I am not rich, I will never be, but I will preserve my wealth, avoiding to became in the future an old pauper.

I will enjoy buying any kind of gold, laughing when I am buying this month more gold with the same money comparing to last month.

Cheers!

Stefan.