• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Down to £1235. I’ve held off from buying gold since 2018 (£899 spot) but have backed up the truck the last few weeks (well, the Corsa) and have just bought 4x Sovereigns for £1246 (after buying the same a few weeks ago for £1277). I hope the price goes lower... then I’m going all in on my useless fiat. 

I'm unsure about the gold price, it should be going up... but its not and I find that odd and slightly concerning.  

The new 1oz Britannia - I like it a great deal and was going to buy one March 1st.  I've not.  Instead I've taken the money and put it into a new Coinbase account.  My aim is to use this month, and my personal uncertainty around gold, to learn a little about Crypto - and specifically what is being termed 'digital gold'.  So after a weekend of reading I bit the bullet... £1100 invested:  £950 in Bitcoin, £100 in Stellar Lumens and £50 in Algorand.  The fees, included in the investment, cost me about £40 and the portfolio is sitting at £1109.80.  

But at this point, I'll be honest, and say - I feel very uncertain about this idea and it just feels like a massive gamble.  I don't really understand the products I've invested in, the hype on etorro and twitter is nonsense, in my humble opinion.  In truth - I wish I'd bought the Britannia!  

£9.80 up is a start but I may take a big hit with this gamble.

10 minutes ago, Swampy said:

I'm unsure about the gold price, it should be going up... but its not and I find that odd and slightly concerning.  

The new 1oz Britannia - I like it a great deal and was going to buy one March 1st.  I've not.  Instead I've taken the money and put it into a new Coinbase account.  My aim is to use this month, and my personal uncertainty around gold, to learn a little about Crypto - and specifically what is being termed 'digital gold'.  So after a weekend of reading I bit the bullet... £1100 invested:  £950 in Bitcoin, £100 in Stellar Lumens and £50 in Algorand.  The fees, included in the investment, cost me about £40 and the portfolio is sitting at £1109.80.  

But at this point, I'll be honest, and say - I feel very uncertain about this idea and it just feels like a massive gamble.  I don't really understand the products I've invested in, the hype on etorro and twitter is nonsense, in my humble opinion.  In truth - I wish I'd bought the Britannia!  

Hi @Swampy I think that this is a product and amount of cash that has a limted loss.  My advice to you is the same as my advice to anyone - don't go near products like CFD's, Spread Bets, Options, unless you REALLY know what you are doing!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

It was £1231 at 1am and I bought an Una bar.

The RM live gold price ticker was 10 points higher at that point. How are we supposed to trust these people ???

B

1 hour ago, Swampy said:

Sign up for coinbase pro , same sign in details between the two sites. Much cheaper fees !

This is TLT (30 year US bonds) and Gold

If bond yields continue to go up expect gold to come down

I wouldn't be shocked if it comes down another 5-10% in the next few months but who knows, will depend on the new normal - how well the vaccines seem to work and how optimistic people are on global economy recovery

I personally think at some point this year an event will happen or a signal will appear that things aren't going to get back on track and that's when gold will kick on but who knows

tltgold.thumb.jpg.77764f0267720b8c5a1ff1418b51c062.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

34 minutes ago, Kman said:

This is TLT (30 year US bonds) and Gold

If bond yields continue to go up expect gold to come down

I wouldn't be shocked if it comes down another 5-10% in the next few months but who knows, will depend on the new normal - how well the vaccines seem to work and how optimistic people are on global economy recovery

I personally think at some point this year an event will happen or a signal will appear that things aren't going to get back on track and that's when gold will kick on but who knows

tltgold.thumb.jpg.77764f0267720b8c5a1ff1418b51c062.jpg

Yes when real return is shown to be negative due to inflation, then gold will be back on the menu. 

Thank you @dickerfor this.  I‘ve no idea... so will avoid 😊.  In the meantime I’ll use my new found ‘crypto emojis’ in the context of what I’ll do with my Gold coins and where I hope they’ll go... 💎🤚 and 🚀!  

Yours in ‘hodling’ gold coins, 

Swampy 

3 minutes ago, Swampy said:

Thank you @dickerfor this.  I‘ve no idea... so will avoid 😊.  In the meantime I’ll use my new found ‘crypto emojis’ in the context of what I’ll do with my Gold coins and where I hope they’ll go... 💎🤚 and 🚀!  

Yours in ‘hodling’ gold coins, 

Swampy 

I got some bitcoin when it dipped last week... then it dipped a bit more 🤣 up and down like a Yoyo! Wish I'd listened to a fella at my work when he said get some about five years ago though 😬

11 minutes ago, Swampy said:

@KPW82it does jump about - it’s all rather volatile😂! I’ve now ‘lost’ £62 and all I did was walk the dog! 😳

💎🤚🚀

Haha I know that feeling!! But you’ve got to say to yourself that you’ve only ‘lost’ if you sell. 

I just buy every month and then don't worry or look at the price lol.

I purchased a 2021 Brit and the price went up and then I've purchased a couple of Sovereigns last week or so and it's come down.

I just drip feed in every month.

2 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I just buy every month and then don't worry or look at the price lol.

I think you've got to be in it for the long game. And unlike bitcoin @Nugget you've got that lovely 2021 brit to hold and admire. Love the way they've done the padlock-to-trident security measure. They'll be offering personalisations of that soon, made to order with your initials instead of the trident 😄

I don't do crypto in anyway, shape or form.  Stocks and shares - yes.  But crypto is not something I can get onboard with. Primarily because my IT skills and knowledge is rubbish and I don't understand it all.  I've always worked on the basis that if I cannot explain it to my wife, dad, mom then I don't understand it enough to put money into it lol

Edited by Nugget

3 hours ago, KDave said:

Yes when real return is shown to be negative due to inflation, then gold will be back on the menu. 

The Fed is controlling the yield curve to put a brake on bond yields. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 28/02/2021 at 18:31, Pete said:

To BUY or NOT to BUY ? .... that is the burning question.
I was thinking about spending some cash ( impossible to spend during lock down on the usual habits ) and looking to continue my Queens Beasts in 1 oz gold.
I held off when gold went through the £1,000 barrier but it went up and up even more and never retracted until fairly recently.
What do gold junkies reckon - good price now or wait and do the cold turkey ???

I bought 3 1 oz coins mid February gold went down further ha I bought another 3 last week gold went down further ha, I am now waiting a little bit longer and will make another purchase 

37 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

I bought 3 1 oz coins mid February gold went down further ha I bought another 3 last week gold went down further ha, I am now waiting a little bit longer and will make another purchase 

Will you buy some more? 😂

I’m waiting for it to drop before I buy any more. 

6 hours ago, KDave said:

100% correct - its just a waitinting game look at the small amount gold was up and the miners were up. Absolute sleeping tiger. The leverage on this is going to be explosive, If you hold miners now wait till the real gains come. Youd be a fool to sell mining stocks atm. Im loading up more!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 hours ago, Nugget said:

But crypto is not something I can get onboard with. Primarily because my IT skills and knowledge is rubbish and I don't understand it all. 

I don’t understand it either.  But, for me, I’ve learnt over the years that if I have a little skin in the game I work a bit harder.  

I can’t see Crypto going away so I want to know more about it.   But, in general, I’m uninspired by it.  

Stellar Lumens is interesting to be fair and I’m pleased, I think, to have a very small holding.  

I’m confident, at some point, I’ll get my full investment out despite it feeling like a gamble.  It’s ironic that tonight, in my fantasy crypto portfolio, the only area of profit, is in a gold stock, I added at the last minute, called Gold.

Tonight - I would prefer that 2021 Gold Brit. under my pillow as oppose to a bit of a Bitcoin in the cloud. 

£25.97 down...