• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Its not gone down enough for me to buy any more physical / mining stocks. 
$1700 is what im looking at as it could fall a lot more if it hits that.
My guess is bond yields are being taken down a bit intentionally. 
Whether that can be sustained I dont know, but the gold correction can go a lot lower IMO. 

Makes sense to buy on all the drops though I guess as it should be sky high by now with all the stimulus money & also printing and stuff. 
Its interesting that the stock market is also very green today and also crypto is doing well. 

Maybe this year end sell off stuff has come to an end. I know nothing about it really? 

Edited by Stacktastic

21 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Maybe this year end sell off stuff has come to an end. I know nothing about it really? 

IMHO - the "sell down" was possibly/probably covering margin calls against "shorts" and or to get out of "shorts"

That's why they are referred to as "NAKED" shorts 

despicable me minions GIF

BECAUSE they see the "BULL" coming 😉

silverbullwebnew.jpg?w=640&h=494

Hey I'm happy if it falls to £1200 ish, I can just buy more lol 

I try and buy something each month.  Last month sovereigns, month before was an ounce (£1383 I paid) this month, probably an ounce as they are out of Sovereigns lol 

Edited by Nugget

21 hours ago, Connor said:

What makes you think there will be a jump? Because of the added attention low prices in this dip will attract?

Once people realise that things are not normal and the economy is screwed. It probably gets repeated 100x, but they cant be printing ridiculous amounts of money without anything happening. 

1 hour ago, Stacktastic said:

Its not gone down enough for me to buy any more physical / mining stocks. 
$1700 is what im looking at as it could fall a lot more if it hits that.
My guess is bond yields are being taken down a bit intentionally. 
Whether that can be sustained I dont know, but the gold correction can go a lot lower IMO. 

Makes sense to buy on all the drops though I guess as it should be sky high by now with all the stimulus money & also printing and stuff. 
Its interesting that the stock market is also very green today and also crypto is doing well. 

i harvested about 10% of my portfolio from "Value" equities to miners. Got bored waiting for a turnaround at british gas 😒

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Still a c**p price for what gold should be at, but OOOHHH !!

look at the numbers are £1,234.56 !

Can't wait for it to be £2,345.67 on its way, ...............to the moon ! 

IMG_9254.JPG

You just wait until it’s £5,678 

Never did like Steps but I’d like this gold price. 😆

1 hour ago, Martin1983 said:

My first ever 3 gold 1oz bars arrived today, for some reason it does feel good to have some gold instead of cash sitting in the bank.

waiting on the other 3 arriving 

Can't beat it mate....cash in the bank is boring....shiny metals are exciting 😂😂

On 09/03/2021 at 18:43, Spark268 said:

i harvested about 10% of my portfolio from "Value" equities to miners. Got bored waiting for a turnaround at british gas 😒

Miners should bounce back. Stimulus is coming and yields will be hold back or reduced. 
It looks promising. Even Alba shot up today!! A lot of the mineral miners are spiking up. 
The GDXJ is down, looks like a good buying opportunity might present itself. 

Im expecting under 1200 gold soon. Might buy an ounce or two. 

8 hours ago, Spence098 said:

Can't beat it mate....cash in the bank is boring

Unless you know for certain there is a stock market crash coming. 
Sitting on cash & liquid assets is the best thing to do in that situation 
I wish I had a crystal ball as im sure it's reached a peak!

Edited by Stacktastic

Just don't commit all your capital in one go.  Then if markets / prices fall further you have cash on hand to take advantage of a price drop 🙂

I have just purchased an ounce but have capital on hand should the price fall to £1000 tomorrow I can buy more.

Slow and steady, drip freed it into the markets / asset.

2 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Unless you know for certain there is a stock market crash coming. 
Sitting on cash & liquid assets is the best thing to do in that situation 
I wish I had a crystal ball as im sure it's reached a peak!

Was just joking mate... never put all your eggs in one basket as they say 😂

4 hours ago, Spence098 said:

Was just joking mate... never put all your eggs in one basket as they say 😂

I guessed that. Having said that i have a wad of notes from Facebay sales this year -
I struggle to take cash seriously now I know what i know. Its monopoly money to me now.