• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

I can't get a large Cod and chips for a fiver around here (and would have to buy for the wife, son and daughter also).

I went to Cromer once, a long time ago (that's over your way I believe) and everything was Crab and chips LOL

45 minutes ago, kurama said:

I know what you mean, however I think that fiver I've saved will go towards my large cod and chips later for fish and chip Friday 🤣

A pound more and youll get a nice chip muffin 😉

Time to buy😀

"at current levels gold looks to be an absolute steal. If you didn’t get the memo about the beginning of a new gold bull run in Q3 2018 then this is your last call. All things considered, the current market price looks like a good entry point."https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/gold-mother-all-opportunities-central-banks-walk-line-ross-norman/?trackingId=0I9hnMfvSYGajgMqYFO1wA%3D%3D 

42 minutes ago, Spark268 said:

it could be worse i suppose, you could have invested in Tesla or Bitcoin a few weeks back :)

I invested in Argo before the drop. Currently -27%. 
Having said that I invested in Borqs yesterday currently -22%. 
Thats crypto stocks for you!! 

I think Tesla will shock everyone as it seems to be so tied to the crypto price atm. I kind of trust Musk he is no fool. 
Lets pretend the Nasdaq takes a dive and crypto has a run - it could be the only stock in the green other than micro strategy & Paypal. 

The gold price was predicted to bounce from 1,220 - 1200 a few weeks back. Im liking the silver drop as it should track gold.
I hold that theory especially if and probbaly when the fed step in and reduce bonds yields and start hading their people free money. 
I see this as an ideal buying opportunity, especially as the battery mining stocks are starting to pull back too. 

I really think we are at the edge of a huge collapse & its really not common knowledge, even with investors. 
Mining stocks & gold will bounce well if its that bad - ie rivalling 1920's. 

Edited by Stacktastic

there's no harm in being diversified, but the mania surrounding cryptos is astoundingly high and that dampens the investment case for now.

Agreed that Tesla is linked to crypto, as with all other over-hyped and overpriced stocks - take a look at the ARK or Buzz ETFs. The lockdown has converted many millennials, for example, to meme stocks and to cryptos and all at the same time. This one way traffic builds up the price which begets further price rises and so on. 

I'm sure that they will find better things to do when the lockdown ends, and the one way traffic will be in reverse.

This pullback in the gold was expected, and could get worse in the short term.

So in the next few months, my target predictions are:

Tesla - down 80%

S&P 500 - down 30%

Nasdaq - Down 40%

FTSE 100 - down 20%

BTC - down 60%

Gold - down 10%

GBP/USD - down 15%

Time to buy the dip on the physical and especially miners as you say - with the uncertainty around ETFs and the inherent 2-5x leverage, they are worth considering: they are unloved at the moment and cheap by historical standards.

On 03/03/2021 at 15:52, raghav123 said:

We are creeping awfully close to the $1700 mark! 😬

Harry dent says $1100 lets see what happens I was planning to buy more gold this week but going to hold off a little longer, 

3 hours ago, Isitreal said:

Another cracking full C Sovereign from Chards at £292. Hope this downward trend carries on until next pay day!

1929..jpg

1929.jpg

Give the rest of us a chance please! lol, its always out of stock when I check, even with the chards notification 😥.

That Sov is better than 90% of mine! from BCC, Atkinsons etc

Sorry 😉Yes it's so frustrating to see the out of stock, It's just the luck of the draw when I check the sites out, every day last week I checked and none were available apart from this one. Checking Chards this morning and I got two. Check loads of times a day and I'm sure you will get them.

Are these "best value" sovs on bbp chards etc actually any good or are they stuff that should be melted?

And more to the point are they real? Or do fakes slip through on account of them being roughish

57 minutes ago, Smiler999 said:

Are these "best value" sovs on bbp chards etc actually any good or are they stuff that should be melted?

And more to the point are they real? Or do fakes slip through on account of them being roughish

The two you mentioned are legitimate and professional. Tbf that sov posted looks good as do the ones bought from bbp. They’d be bought off the forum as bullion grade. Sometimes best value sovereigns are really good. Had few like that, few decent and few with marks all over. But general of a good standard ( I buy from several places)

10 minutes ago, Bars said:

The two you mentioned are legitimate and professional. Tbf that sov posted looks good as do the ones bought from bbp. They’d be bought off the forum as bullion grade. Sometimes best value sovereigns are really good. Had few like that, few decent and few with marks all over. But general of a good standard ( I buy from several places)

I assume even these junk sovs are tested for authenticity?

14 minutes ago, Connor said:

I'm pretty new to stacking and just want a few opinions because this is probably the place to ask, would it be worth selling off silver now to fund some gold purchases?

by long long term standards, silver is still cheap compared to gold and it will continue to do better.

in the short term - yes, silver has performed really well so would be wise to switch some into gold and or platinum.

the chart below shows how many ounces of silver you need, to buy an ounce of platinum - the average since 2000 has been around 80oz, but currently at around 40.

The gold silver ratio in the mid 60s is currently at the 20yr average.

ps. silver has done better than gold today ! 

silver plat.png

Another $1.9trillion more dollar magic fiat funny money printed into existence in the land of talking mice, morbid obesity & mass school shootings  

Now this is likely to continue every few months !!!
Let that sink in where we will be if this continues, which in all likelihood it will have to  

Keep calm and carry on stacking 

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Another $1.9trillion more dollar magic fiat funny money printed into existence in the land of talking mice, morbid obesity & mass school shootings  

Now this is likely to continue every few months !!!
Let that sink in where we will be if this continues, which in all likelihood it will have to  

Keep calm and carry on stacking 

ABSOLUTELY !

Trailer Ok GIF