• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

53 minutes ago, Connor said:

I'm pretty new to stacking and just want a few opinions because this is probably the place to ask, would it be worth selling off silver now to fund some gold purchases?

Hi, @Connor,

Probably it as a good idea in this moment. The gold price is undervalued now, and physical silver is still strong. Even from the waves of silver on sale last two weeks on forum you can see that almost all are doing the same.

I am really impressed how quick are selling all the gold coins with a low premium on here and at bullion dealers. For example, this evening are out of stock almost all of them with 2021 full sovereign.

So, if you can put in your stack some gold at max 5% over spot, just do it.

Cheers,

Stefan.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/news/february-2021/atkinsons-delivery-update

Atkinson normally one of the fastest and most efficient UK dealers in my experience. 

Now delivery is 14 'working' days  !

If their posts are to be 100% believed demand is on the up and up still even now the GameStop shenanigans & SLV pumping is over with 

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/news/february-2021/atkinsons-delivery-update

Atkinson normally one of the fastest and most efficient UK dealers in my experience. 

Now delivery is 14 'working' days  !

If their posts are to be 100% believed demand is on the up and up still even now the GameStop shenanigans & SLV pumping is over with 

I’ve just dealt with Atkinson’s for my two latest Sovereign purchases and two weeks was the total time I waited for the first lot to come. They kept in touch in the meantime, keeping me updated. Now they’re out of Sov’s, but UKBullion still has them (the only other place I’ve bought from), at a higher price. 1oz Britannia’s still available on Atkinson’s though, at £1289.

Baird are doing 1oz bars at 1270(time of writing).

Cheers for the advice everyone, much appreciated. Better start taking some pictures of what I own see if I can shift a few things 👀

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Atkinson normally one of the fastest and most efficient UK dealers in my experience

Chards are currently doing better prices but you may have to wait a bit longer to receive the goods, which is not a concern for me as I’m potentially holding for 30 years or more haah

Just now, Martin1983 said:

Chards are currently doing better prices but you may have to wait a bit longer to receive the goods, which is not a concern for me as I’m potentially holding for 30 years or more haah

Chards and me dont get on because I don't like them selling items they don't have in stock, so other dealers get my business that don't use this practice   

Their choice how they do business but it is not for me, other seem more than happy to wait an undisclosed amount of time 

If i'm committing to buying something i want it in a few days, not a few weeks, months or even a years time  

1 minute ago, Paul said:

If i'm committing to buying something i want it in a few days, not a few weeks, months or even a years time

Hahahha, yes it frustrating but if it’s for investment and lowest purchase price I personally don’t mind, I just bought some mid February and it’s arriving end of this month. 

im just trying to buy gold bullion at the cheapest price 

1 minute ago, Martin1983 said:

Hahahha, yes it frustrating but if it’s for investment and lowest purchase price I personally don’t mind, I just bought some mid February and it’s arriving end of this month. 

to each their own, if it works for you great - but its not for me. 

in my own business i would never sell item, i don't have in stock as it is just recipe of a negative client experience.

would you order a pizza at £1 cheaper today for delivery in ......." errr..... might be late summer or could be autumn" nope, i wouldn't 

5 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

or just use bullionvault if you want the absolute cheapest possible price 

1 minute ago, Robda1986 said:

🤣 To time machine and I'm not going anywhere near the other topic for fear of blowing the topic up again 🙄 

i would gladly keep bringing it up time and time again, as it's a terrible business practice IMO and best avoided as will inevitably only lead to disappointment and frustration  

40 minutes ago, Paul said:

i would gladly keep bringing it up time and time again, as it's a terrible business practice IMO and best avoided as will inevitably only lead to disappointment and frustration  

There are alot of boarder line company policies out there jd sports comes to mind won't be recommending the bullion company regardless of prices 

46 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

🤣 To time machine and I'm not going anywhere near the other topic for fear of blowing the topic up again 🙄 

Its too late, you've come all the way back to 8th March 2021 in your time machine and have already altered the chain of events 😛