• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

28 minutes ago, firestacker said:

Today I received the 1oz gold Britannia bar from Atkinson's.

The photos on Atkinson website don't do the bar justice. https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-bars/1oz-gold-bars/royal-mint-britannia-1oz-gold-bar

@firestacker thanks for the photos simply stunning on my bucket list.........

36 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

The other day I received, for a second time, my 1776 Maria Theresia Taler, after it was graded, thanks to @Numistacker. Some might describe the grading result as a disaster but I still like it, it's still AU and it was conserved so it is almost as shiny as a new bullion coin, now. My first graded coin - I would have imagined the NGC slabs bigger, from the photos and videos. They are actually quite handy. Given the "detail" result, I will probably still get it out of the slab and put it into a capsule with a foam ring. It still makes a very nice, historical, ungraded coin.

I know, detail grades are a pain but don't let this put you off. Use it to increase your knowledge and submit other interesting coins like this, it's a plus to the numismatic market in my opinion. 

That said from someone who had two details coins in his last submission... 😬

Instagram: gildeon_67

11 minutes ago, Gildeon said:

I know, detail grades are a pain but don't let this put you off. Use it to increase your knowledge and submit other interesting coins like this, it's a plus to the numismatic market in my opinion. 

That said from someone who had two details coins in his last submission... 😬

Well, I don't have any other interesting coins like this. I can more or less tick off silver in my stacking strategy now as I have enough (well, not really but space is an issue already), apart from historic coins like this and now I'm focusing on bullion gold, mainly Sovereigns, with the odd seminumismatic or even odder full numismatic piece. And on more Maria Theresia Talers (and possibly other Talers as well). The shop where I bought it, they said, they get about 3 a year and that was abroad. I don't think I would buy such a coin on let's say ebay. I will try and get more of them, though.

7 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Just received an incredible piece from Bunker Bullion AKA Hi Ho Silver. 

How he does this I have NO idea!

569129768_BunkerBullion2.thumb.jpg.e196f4269ee9df6288b46831dde06573.jpg1658904451_BunkerBullion3.thumb.jpg.c508317dabb3a1f747ed89ae85c4d91d.jpg

looks like a light wire brushing on the cooling silver then maybe 'dipping' the brush in to lift the silver as it sticks. 

7 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

I'm really impressed with the Magnificent Maple Leaves 10 ounce silver coin. If you don't have one, make it your next item. The detail of the leaves is very impressive. I know it's sacrilege but I wish they used this version on the 1 ounce.

I feel like I crossed a rite of passage and now have my first PAMP gold bar:)

20190817_122101.jpg

Look for the 8 dollar 1.5ozT super maple.

Don’t look too hard, I want another dozen over the next year.

all-maples.thumb.jpg.d845f7a09f66304f748da3372ac30256.jpg

Edited by TonyS