• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 minute ago, OnlytheBrave said:

@Wackattak924 nice, I do love the Congo Gorillas myself 👍

I’m being forced into the obligatory Disney holiday soon...are there many good places to buy in Orlando?

The gorillas are great and thought it was time I grabbed a set. 

I loved Disney absolutely amazing and brought the big kid out this grumpy dad lol. 

Yeah I went to the Orlando coin exchange. Really nice guys and well worth visiting. Just give them a ring before you go to make sure that they can get you in. I bought some ase's and some generics there at an average cost of £12.60. he sells secondary market coloured ASE's for $1 over spot and his generics were 75c over spot. 

IMG_20190501_100602.thumb.jpg.dbc6178606ed7fcd3712c1ec1db93311.jpg

IMG_20190501_095450.thumb.jpg.4f0c186bb190ae5237ad8605792c54e8.jpg

12 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

If it's anything like everything else in Orlando then expect to pay through the nose.

That's really not the case. Having bought all my silver in the UK or Europe I was stunned when they told me prices on silver. Generic rounds 75c over spot, coloured ASE's $1 over spot and random year ASE'S at $1.50 over spot. Premiums we can only dream of in the UK. 

5 hours ago, DaveWheat89 said:

Another 50 washington 90%ers, competed my small goal of filling a US mint bag with $25usd in generic quarters, 99 washington's and a dateless standing liberty

Roughly 18 troy oz of pure silver

Surprised it only filled about 1/3 of the bag

IMG_20190507_120056.jpg

IMG_20190507_121009.jpg

IMG_20190507_121040.jpg

Have you studied each one under a magnifying glass?....some can have double dies or other errors making them worth a lot more then a silver quarter..I found one in my $40 of constitutional quarters, a 1964 double mint mark.

15 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Have you studied each one under a magnifying glass?....some can have double dies or other errors making them worth a lot more then a silver quarter..I found one in my $40 of constitutional quarters, a 1964 double mint mark.

I haven't, but I was planning on looking closer for some errors over the weekend, cheers for the info, any others I should look out for in the washington's?

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

1 hour ago, DaveWheat89 said:

I haven't, but I was planning on looking closer for some errors over the weekend, cheers for the info, any others I should look out for in the washington's?

There are books that give you a list of every variation, I in,y checked mine after watching a youtube video on checking out variations....it does give you something to do when your buying so many coins...you can even get usb microscope to see on your computer or smartphone screen with upto 1000x zoom.theycost from $30 to over $100 for suitable microscopes for coin checking. 

2 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

There are books that give you a list of every variation, I in,y checked mine after watching a youtube video on checking out variations....it does give you something to do when your buying so many coins...you can even get usb microscope to see on your computer or smartphone screen with upto 1000x zoom.theycost from $30 to over $100 for suitable microscopes for coin checking. 

Very interesting, sounds like it'll be fun, cheers bud

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

3 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Some soap and bath salts from forum member  cloundracats

15572468256941193859081731567570.jpg

Never tried bath salts before, just make sure the other half is aware you might get a little peckish 😜😂

Edited by StackSellRepeat

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

3 hours ago, DaveWheat89 said:

Very interesting, sounds like it'll be fun, cheers bud

And can be very profitable, mine in great condition can go from $10 to $250, wierd for almost microscopic errors which look like the mint mark has a shadow behind it.

This is not my coin but mine is like this but the line behind is above the D, not to the left.

15380791055f7435703238b6n.jpg

Edited by DarkChameleon