• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

3 hours ago, Darren9330 said:

I picked up these today without knowing a huge amount about them, good price though. Have anyone come across them before? 

20190904_175726.jpg

Hi Darren- nice pick-up.  You’ll find information here: 

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?r=Rhodesia&p=1&x=0&y=0

I have this Rhodesia 10 Shillings coin NGC PF66- I bought it from @Marc in its original box and outer box.

Marc will have lots of information on these Rhodesian Proof coins- they were a one off issue in Gold in 1966 to mark Rhodesian Independence.  They were either individually sold or in a three coin set- 5 Pound, 1 Pound & Ten Shillings- each same weight of their Sovereign equivalents.

They are very attractive, particularly the 5 Pound- and there won’t be any more given the demise of Rhodesia in the 1980’s. Here’s mine, I wish I owned the set! (Photos of the Set & 5 pound curtesy of Marc). 

5C362AF5-C80B-40C3-A502-F0AFF05B5AE4.jpeg.1c5903c45b3f0ed0fdb01809a42e8ef3.jpeg

A9023E9B-8C57-4EF4-A884-D6B0C88CEC1C.thumb.jpeg.f562ac320b4564f81ca90ff2c3f49e34.jpeg

E907C26D-42F9-4B74-8D84-80661B3A2C1F.jpeg.3865c59106c6e73b58ec3cecfd4584b6.jpeg

29B01C24-7134-4563-AF76-26309B568344.jpeg.44c7fd58a1e8c10dfbbc7a7ca7df71e3.jpeg

Edited by richatthecroft

2 hours ago, sg86 said:

Lovely raw coin, don't often come across raw coins in this grade 😍👌

20190904_0018-export.thumb.jpg.9412d771b51b60f00fa07e8ed2f9b34c.jpg

20190904_0019-export.thumb.jpg.7b2e623abace2ac5391cebd033af948f.jpg

Lovely coin, beautiful condition, AU58 maybe? Loving the image also, shows the true coin...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

59 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Hit up a coin shop that I know don’t update their silver coin prices often. Picked up some way under spot coins. 

Been busy mining eBay too and picked up some decent bargains, pics when they land. 

3CE6B4FD-A93D-461E-9124-4ABC55015B71.jpeg

F2B7C66E-0941-4DFD-936B-9753E85310F2.jpeg

Some lovely coins  there @ilovesilverireallydo especially  the top 2 😍

Edited by MikeG1978

1 hour ago, richatthecroft said:

Hi Darren- nice pick-up.  You’ll find information here: 

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?r=Rhodesia&p=1&x=0&y=0

I have this Rhodesia 10 Shillings coin NGC PF66- I bought it from @Marc in its original box and outer box.

Marc will have lots of information on these Rhodesian Proof coins- they were a one off issue in Gold in 1966 to mark Rhodesian Independence.  They were either individually sold or in a three coin set- 5 Pound, 1 Pound & Ten Shillings- each same weight of their Sovereign equivalents.

They are very attractive, particularly the 5 Pound- and there won’t be any more given the demise of Rhodesia in the 1980’s. Here’s mine, I wish I owned the set! 

Hi Rich,

Many thanks for the insight, I picked up 3 of them and took a bit of a gamble not knowing too much. Seems like it might have been one of my better impulse purchases!

7 minutes ago, Darren9330 said:

Many thanks for the insight, I picked up 3 of them and took a bit of a gamble not knowing too much. Seems like it might have been one of my better impulse purchases!

Fabulous gamble- and three of them too, well done.  

I had chance of the 1 Pound a few months ago and didn’t take the plunge as it was a fair bit over Spot- if offered right now, given the high Spot price I would have snapped it up. 

7 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

My 6yr old has " borrowed " my perth lunar s2 horse 🤣, good luck keeping those corns.... lol

5 minutes ago, terakris said:

Dont start down that slippery slope... my lad Edward, i told him there were coins with his name on them, so he then gets all interested and wants some which was sweet. I get him a Griffin of Edward coin and he is over the moon, but then asks "can you get me the one with the King Edward on it next time?" ... "you mean a sovereign".... "yeah the gold one, thanks!" 🤦‍♂️

All good so far, youngest 6yo only interested in some of the Beatrix Potter 50p, but constantly reminds me they dont look like the real one - the ceebeebies Peter Rabbit show!!

The elder 10 yo is happy just helping me sort through coins for swapping and listing. Did take a fancy to my Phoenix (https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/?do=findComment&comment=265048) gold coin but that was met with the swiftest of no ways/go aways! Though it has now got me thinking of searching their names on any coins, never really thought of that. Highly unexpected though!

12 hours ago, 1817Karl said:

Lovely coin, beautiful condition, AU58 maybe? Loving the image also, shows the true coin...

Definitely AU58+, I've seen far worse MS coins, which is why I don't grade anything :D

My images are for archival purposes, this was a quick one so not quite there but I could easily make this look MS63 with photography which is what most sellers do. My lighting highlights the flaws not hides them!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

13 hours ago, 5huggy said:

WOW - I  knew it looked large in your hand - BUT THAT BIG! 

at the right price too im guessing!?😉👍

13 hours ago, MoralHazard said:

Yes of course. Everything is a buy  - for a right price! 😁

I've got quite a few kilo coins including this Year of the Horse, what kind of price are people paying for them?

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

1 hour ago, sg86 said:

Definitely AU58+, I've seen far worse MS coins, which is why I don't grade anything :D

My images are for archival purposes, this was a quick one so not quite there but I could easily make this look MS63 with photography which is what most sellers do. My lighting highlights the flaws not hides them!

Yes I'd agree, I have a few similar dates graded 61-64 and they don't look any better! The images I take are ok, but I struggle with lighting, especially on proofs, that said I only use an attachment for the iPhone and a cheap light box. Would be interested in what set up you use.   See images for examples...

Although they are better than most, would love to improve them, especially for those in my collection. 

Edited by 1817Karl
Image added

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector