• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

But the mintage, I cant believe there might be 350 as well as the "superior" 125. It begs the question who are flippers going to flip to.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for 225

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

10 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I’m sure this has been discussed further up this thread but can someone remind me of the RM price of the 2oz Una and lion and the three graces?

I own neither of these but curious how the gothic crown release will be priced.

I don't have info for the gold to hand but the silver 2oz were:

Una - £180

3Gs -£250

Edited by AppleZippoandMetronome

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

But the mintage, I cant believe there might be 350 as well as the "superior" 125. It begs the question who are flippers going to flip to.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for 225

Are you a secret platinum plus member?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Are you a secret platinum plus member?

Yeah Top Secret... even the Royal Mint don't know about it.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

48 minutes ago, James32 said:

What is the going price for an 1oz gold una bar these days?

I'd be interested to know as well

There's one on ebay for 1770 just now, so worth watching to see if it sells https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Una-the-Lion-1-Oz-one-ounce-gold-bar-minted-BNIP-bullion-999-9-fine-Limited-/194505952339?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

19 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Must keep an eye on that 👍

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Based on sold items, seems to be an average of 1500+

I'm surprised by the lack of love these have gotten, I know coins are everyone's focus but they are really lovely.

One of these bars was actually in my first ever gold order from the mint along with a brittania and a qb completer, I knew nothing about numismatics and had no intention of becoming a collector I just had a notion to buy some gold for a rainy day/emergency and picked the 3 nicest looking 1oz items....its amazing how quickly you get sucked in though, 9 months later I've spent way too much, read way too much and became a bit obsessed. 

Could be worse I suppose, imagine I'd decided to buy crack instead and make that my new hobby

3 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I'm surprised by the lack of love these have gotten, I know coins are everyone's focus but they are really lovely.

One of these bars was actually in my first ever gold order from the mint along with a brittania and a qb completer, I knew nothing about numismatics and had no intention of becoming a collector I just had a notion to buy some gold for a rainy day/emergency and picked the 3 nicest looking 1oz items....its amazing how quickly you get sucked in though, 9 months later I've spent way too much, read way too much and became a bit obsessed. 

Could be worse I suppose, imagine I'd decided to buy crack instead and make that my new hobby

😅😅 the una was my first purchase from the mint also ( been stacking a few years before that point) and seen it on a byb video. 

I'd expect in another few years it will carry a bigger premium ( only 5000 minted) 

7 hours ago, James32 said:

Based on sold items, seems to be an average of 1500+

If a buy any bullion I always buy what I call "bonus" bullion something that could have potential to add some numismatic value, we have all seen the Queens Beast 1oz gold fetch some very good premiums.  I got the Una and Lion 1oz gold as I felt if they produced a 3graces bullion product then possibly there could be a little more demand for the U&L.  

The 2022 bullion sovereign will be a no brainer worth getting a tube or so, I agree with what @Paul said if you are holding box standard gold bullion there is a very good argument for trading this in or the 2022 bullion sovereign.  

10 minutes ago, matt1r said:

Is this definitely coming tomorrow? Or had someone just said Monday and everyone ran with it?

99.9999% sure its tomorrow and that speaking directly with Royal Mint account manager, and told to expect a call from him again during this coming week to arrange/collect payment 

Just now, Robda1986 said:

I get who rm has for customers/investors but given the price point and other investments it would be nice to get a heads up before a release date especially if your after say the gold or larger silver 

those in Mint Marque who have had calls from their RM account managers, we still have not been verbally told 100% " The Gothic Crown is launching Monday 6th Dec at 9am "  

it is more " you will probably be aware of the online chatter on forums and social media, the launch is soon, whilst we cannot confirm or deny dates and we are just doing the admin and wondering your level of intention what you would be seeking to purchase, as we arrange the allocations of our pool of allocated stock " kind of reply.