• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

7 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Just log on when you’re ready and the queue it software will just automatically place people into a queue. Being on the website at 07am doesn’t mean you will be first in the queue. It’s random. Also, once in the queue, you’re in the queue, so refreshing doesn’t do anything…this is my understanding and experience.

It's assigns random places once RM web site is taken offline, and the queue-it installs itself.  I've been signed in on four devices laptop,My desktop, phone and tablet. Desktop was open all night signed in RM account all night and come 845 my phone refreshed itself into queue ahead of my always signed in account desktop PC. So no proven method to guarantee success sadly, as far as my experience is on launch days 

Edited by Paul

15 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

Does it kind of feel like there's not as much hype this go around?

Also do we think there will be a 10oz silver available tomorrow or will those only be available to those with account managers?

Feels like much more to me 💪

22 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

Also do we think there will be a 10oz silver available tomorrow or will those only be available to those with account managers?

As far as I know, the 10 Oz piedfort silver for the Three Graces was not directly sold by the Royal Mint - it was sold exclusively by a dealer. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

I assume the same might be the case this time around too. 

22 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

Not sure what is happening with the 10oz gold or silver to be honest. The mintages will be low and so it could be that they are not available on the site if already offered and accepted elsewhere. Anyone’s guess! 

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

As far as I know, the 10 Oz piedfort silver for the Three Graces was not directly sold by the Royal Mint - it was sold exclusively by a dealer. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

I assume the same might be the case this time around too. 

The 10oz silver was available via account managers. 

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Unfortunately, for fortunately, depending on which side you fall on, this is how a collectors’ market works.

For those who’ve bought the larger coins, it’s great that the RM gives them first dibs at completing their collections if they so desire. On the flip side those who couldn’t get in at the first coin are disadvantaged now because the chances of them getting in are even slimmer - what with limited mintages and preferential treatment to certain customers.

However, to the Royal Mint’s credit, they’ve successively increased the mintages while still trying to maintain a limit within reason that makes these coins special. This means more chances for the folks we don’t get preferential treatment to try and get one; but equally, as collectors, we scream bloody murder when mintages are increased.  The Royal Mint can’t really win.

Yeah I do think it's great to allow customers to complete their collections but only if that is agreed at point of sale, like a series subscription. Otherwise, buyers know what they're getting into on purchase, especially with the coins that we all know will never satisfy demand.

Agreed it is impossible for RM to keep everyone happy. I think the best they can do is try to be transparent and offer the same opportunity to all, regardless of how much they spend or what coin they have purchased in the past. I think we're gonna have an awful lot more people strategically spending enough to secure the Mint Marquee status, whether that be for flipping or collecting.

On 02/12/2021 at 03:27, westminstrel said:

Oh frick frack… I read the damn gazette entry in detail. Here are the denominations:

SILVER (all grained edge)

- 2 oz

- 5 oz

- 10 oz piedfort

- 1 kg

- 2 kg

GOLD (uh oh!)

- 2 oz (grained or plain edge)

- 5 oz (grained edge)

- 10 oz piedfort (grained edge)

- 1 kg (grained edge)

- 2 kg (plain edge)

- 5 kg (plain edge)

- 10 kg (plain edge)

So no silver pain edge? That would have been awesome.

17 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Oh no wonder I never saw it on the website, at release, or after.

Did anyone on here manage to get one of these?

A few did, I think. The kilo was also taken by a few and I think that may have been a slightly better buy given it had a bigger circumference. 

54 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Agreed, just about every thread ive read has talked about this release at some point even if completely off topic.

I think we’ve had a mixed year really in terms of all modern coins, but im hoping this release will put it back on track and settle the uncertainty a bit. The Una was a well know and recognised coin and has done amazingly well, the three graces is now, because of the series, but prior to that it wasn’t really a well known or loved coin (seems a weird now, but 3G was a true pattern not common or well know), the Gothic Crown on the other hand is obviously extremely well known and loved, so even though the mintages may be a bit higher, the demand will be there I think and perhaps people will be less willing to let it go for a quick profit which will push the desirability and value up quickly. If people do flip quick en masse then the rise will be slower but will ultimately get to the same point whatever that is I think.

Im still not convinced a 2 coin set was a good idea but lets see. My expectation Is that the gold coins that do come to market will be one or the other and will sit quite separately and have their own value and following. Thats the case on every set ever produced in the past anyway, but granted this is a bit different.

good luck everyone, its going to be a lovely coin whatever you get!

I agree with you, there are also people like myself who missed out on the previous two releases.

After seeing the desirability of those I’m hoping I can get in on the series now. So if the mintages are slightly higher than the previous releases, as you say, the demand is most likely going to be higher too.

1 hour ago, SilverMike said:

Agreed, just about every thread ive read has talked about this release at some point even if completely off topic.

I think we’ve had a mixed year really in terms of all modern coins, but im hoping this release will put it back on track and settle the uncertainty a bit. The Una was a well know and recognised coin and has done amazingly well, the three graces is now, because of the series, but prior to that it wasn’t really a well known or loved coin (seems a weird now, but 3G was a true pattern not common or well know), the Gothic Crown on the other hand is obviously extremely well known and loved, so even though the mintages may be a bit higher, the demand will be there I think and perhaps people will be less willing to let it go for a quick profit which will push the desirability and value up quickly. If people do flip quick en masse then the rise will be slower but will ultimately get to the same point whatever that is I think.

Im still not convinced a 2 coin set was a good idea but lets see. My expectation Is that the gold coins that do come to market will be one or the other and will sit quite separately and have their own value and following. Thats the case on every set ever produced in the past anyway, but granted this is a bit different.

good luck everyone, its going to be a lovely coin whatever you get!

Very good analysis, can't find no issues in your thinking.or train of thought personally

44 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Is it quicker to pre load your RM account with cash or just pay direct debit?

Card required for purchase of new/proof/commemorate coins, unless you have a credit account with RM.  Funding your account is only for bullion purchases I believe

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Card required for purchase of new/proof/commemorate coins, unless you have a credit account with RM.  Funding your account is only for bullion purchases I believe

How does one get a credit account with RM? Do you have to spend a certain amount first?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Keep buying the right overpriced new products to build your spend sadly. Just pick the right horse you spend on :(

Thought as much👍 well if RM are secretly reading this " start letting me buy the good stuff" I've enough of you 50ps in my savings tin😅

I like to buy the pre-dip dip