• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

4 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I was trying to be a comedian again @AndrewSL76🤣 but i had forgot they made Una bars. We haven't had Three Grace's bars..yet, so we may not get Gothic Crown bars. Who knows what the mint will do!

You have to remember that I am a lefty woke lawyer. Forgive me.

8 minutes ago, James32 said:

The una and the lion sort of suits the bar shape, only guessing but cant see the crown having the same appeal.

I could imagine a double sided bar one with the JC interpretation of Victoria gothic head and the shield on the reverse, is not a coin so they could do this on a bar.  It would have potential to look the business.  JC Una and the Lion was beautiful.  

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

You have to remember that I am a lefty woke lawyer. Forgive me.

Oooo a lefty 😲

I think it's a shame to not have bullion release's of some coins. Historically proof's were just to check dies and for archival reasons, now we just have them for collectors to hide away. Bring back real coinage i say. Wouldn't it be great to get some Una, Grace's, or Gothic Crown designs in your change at the shop?!

78av.gif

4 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Oooo a lefty 😲

I think it's a shame to not have bullion release's of some coins. Historically proof's were just to check dies and for archival reasons, now we just have them for collectors to hide away. Bring back real coinage i say. Wouldn't it be great to get some Una, Grace's, or Gothic Crown designs in your change at the shop?!

Loving the idea of great engraver coins in the pocket. Maybe someone should design a new 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 25p, 50p, £1 and £2 coin set. Forget the shield design. Boring. Have the reverse of each one of the new set as a great engravers!

8 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Oooo a lefty 😲

12 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I could imagine a double sided bar one with the JC interpretation of Victoria gothic head and the shield on the reverse, is not a coin so they could do this on a bar.  It would have potential to look the business.  JC Una and the Lion was beautiful.  

Yeah I suppose with the right design it could work 

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@SilverDrum You have to be kidding me, I've gone though 10-15k of 50ps to dig out commemorative coins it became an obsession, if we have something like this I would love it.  

If they did them in .925 silver again, oh the fun we'd all have.

Yeah some commemorative design have been good, but they do decide to commemorate some awful crud. Then don't even do them justice, like with the HG Wells four legged tripod 😅

78av.gif

1 minute ago, SilverDrum said:

If they did them in .925 silver again, oh the fun we'd all have.

Yeah some commemorative design have been good, but they do decide to commemorate some awful crud. Then don't even do them justice, like with the HG Wells four legged tripod 😅

Never mind the quadruped triffids, what about the top hat on the invisible man? Bloomin’ eck? Talk about an ERROR coin!!

1 hour ago, James32 said:

The una and the lion sort of suits the bar shape, only guessing but cant see the crown having the same appeal.

They could do it similar to the Mexican calendar bars. They look good even with the circular design put on a rectangular bar. The whole design doesn't necessarily have to be on the bar.

5-oz-aztec-calendar-silver-bar-2_1_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

They could do it similar to the Mexican calendar bars. They look good even with the circular design put on a rectangular bar. The whole design doesn't necessarily have to be on the bar.

That's a nice looking bar 👌

7 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

With JC's Victoria Gothic head on the other side would look the t*ts

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

I thought you'd never ask!

The next engraver is... Jody Clark!!! It's The Queen's Beasts!!!

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm why? Is someone on the Saturday Stella? 

Pattern alternate queens beasts ideas would be interesting however .........

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Excellent and well made point re the 1oz and 10oz silver bars!!

I am surprised there wasn't a 3 graces bar, I have the una bar and it's a lovely design. It seems like a cool partner piece to the series...have the traditional coin then mass produce a modern interpretation on a bar as a contrast with the bar form being another big differentiation.

It's just a shame my bar looks like it was shaped with a chainsaw, a proof version of these would surely be an interesting proposition.

4 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I am surprised there wasn't a 3 graces bar, I have the una bar and it's a lovely design. It seems like a cool partner piece to the series...have the traditional coin then mass produce a modern interpretation on a bar as a contrast with the bar form being another big differentiation.

It's just a shame my bar looks like it was shaped with a chainsaw, a proof version of these would surely be an interesting proposition.

What is the going price for an 1oz gold una bar these days?

14 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I was just thinking this the other day. I really was looking forward to a bars collection!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Am I the only one obsessed about the mintage of the 2oz gold "milled edge"

Seems like it😁 

Might be more to do with the fact not many actually expect to get much of the gold available 

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Seems like it😁 

Might be more to do with the fact not many actually expect to get much of the gold available 

Yeah, to have the funds, then be able to get to front of the queue, and then make payment. Slim chances me thinks. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly