• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

2 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@AndrewSL76 I would have gave the same answer for Una and Three Graces. The risk people take on a silver coin is nuts to me. I would pay any price for the gold because it is a safe investment. At any point the silver can get spots. Too risky but people pay it. 

I'm inclined to agree with the silver part ( do I really want to run the RM gauntlet again) 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, James32 said:

I'm inclined to agree with the silver part ( do I really want to run the RM gauntlet again) 

Don’t buy it then.

Just now, AurumArgenti said:

How many Una's or Grace's have ended up with milk spots etc that people know of?

Is it not a given that eventually silver coins will end up with some sort of toning? 

The biggest prices in the America market for American silver are sometimes relevant to the rainbow toning.

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Three out of three proving my theory that the Gothic Crown wont sell well on the secondary market. People saw what happened with the Three Graces.

I will buy almost anything for the right price. My price for a 2oz silver  for example won't be 2k or 1k, or close to that.

If it won't sell on the secondary market as you suggest, maybe that will mean I will buy on the secondary market 😉

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Don’t buy it then.

The biggest prices in the America market for American silver are sometimes relevant to the rainbow toning.

I think the original gothic crown with toning looks wonderful. In fact, I do think having a Silver grey gothic crown takes the edge off it somewhat.

Edited by NewCoins

2 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

How many Una's or Grace's have ended up with milk spots etc that people know of?

Is it not a given that eventually silver coins will end up with some sort of toning? 

For me RM silver is a ticking time bomb. 

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Not at the prices you are hoping for.

I genuinely couldn't guess what these should or shouldn't sell for,nor do I expect to get rich from them, I only found out about una when she became a 1oz gold bar😁

I'm here for learning and a bit of fun, if I happen to stumble across a winner along the way whether through luck or my peers knowledge then that's a plus.

I wish everyone the best of luck and I'm going into this with no expectations whatsoever but if the mint want to oblige me then happy days.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Three out of three proving my theory that the Gothic Crown wont sell well on the secondary market. People saw what happened with the Three Graces.

The other reason it won't sell on well is because many of those who were responsible for previously chasing prices up have possibly the most desirable coin already reserved. I think sellers will out number buyers IMO

And the increased mintages, and the two coin release.🥴

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

7 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

My Una did and it went back to the mint within days. Can’t speak for anyone else.

8 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

I’ve got two una’s and the spotted lion 

both got sent for grading with spots and both came back pf69 

19 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Make that four. I wouldn’t pay the higher inflated prices on the secondary market. If I miss it, I miss it.

Its the reason why I don’t have the previous two releases as I missed them first time round.

@AndrewSL76 To give you a proper figure but my guess is between £600-£900. Because for a little more you can get a PF70 version of the previous release in the series. 

Like everything in life the later on you get in the worse the returns are. 

It will have resale value above RRP though because if not a lot would be going back to the mint for problems the owners have found in every one of the coins

Edited by FlorinCollector

4 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

There is also a difference between milk spots and natural toning.

One is appealing the other not

I can understand why people have strong opinions on silver proof coin issues.

Horses for courses I guess? Also people's risk tolerance and depth of wallet play's a role.

I'd be unhappy if my silvers milked up too but in the next breath I like to see a naturally aged silver engraver's, Una etc.

That said I've not seen my coins for month's...😳🤞

52 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

If you are not able to get the 2, 5 or 10oz Silver Proof from the Mint, what would you be happy paying (at the top end) on the secondary market? Presuming that the release prices are as per the Three Graces? (£250, £550 and £1,020?).

If i'm not getting, what i want tommorow (just as usual) at the Royal Mint, i'll go for another Alderney set instead of paying hell of a premium for the original. Why should someone pay 1000£ for a raw 2 OZ RM and not buy a set of 2 x 2 OZ PF70 graded? I think the only version that will make very good for many years is the special 2 OZ Gold, which i of course didn't get offered.  So i don't stress myself  too much for tomorrow. 

20 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

Yes they will email you with an invitation to join the queue

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024