• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I'm not going for this one... I just think it'll be fun to watch the show lol. I take it 9am is kick off as usual. 

Yeah 9am although going by the sovereigns ( all the goodies will be gone by 8.55 lol)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

47 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

i was ensured recently by more then one person on here

there is no que jumping by having a accounts manager ? 

I was wrong. Apologies. If you are spending enough to be in the platinum plus or bought one of the Una or 3G 2oz golds then you may have been offered a 2oz plain edge coin. 

This is a coin that is not being offered on the website to the ‘general public’. That is a business decision taken by the Royal Mint and it is what it is.

I have not been offered the 2oz plain edge gold. I asked about this on Thursday when I spoke with my account manager and the above is the response I was given.

19 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Hi Paul. Yes, I am lucky enough to have been offered one.

If the planets align I have a 'plain edge' coming, but have been promised I will definitely 100% get one either milled edge/plain edge as I don't spend enough to directly reserve one, but as a previous buyer for previous 2oz gold in series, he will know once all platinum marque members had all been contacted/offered, fingers crossed......... Here's hoping ....

Seems fair that those who bought the first gold should be offered this coin, they were there first before the mad 🐬 appeared 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Do we think these  'never available to the general public' is a good decision going forward, as folk buying them will be minted cash wise so unlikely to come to market and added ultra low mintages. Good chances for upsides/profits 

If you don’t want it I’ll buy it 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

Do we think these  'never available to the general public' is a good decision going forward, as folk buying them will be minted cash wise so unlikely to come to market and added ultra low mintages. Good chances for upsides/profits 

Also consider that some of those at the platinum plus level are able to maintain that level by the fact that they are running a business and that flipping allows them to maintain a good business and continue to purchase high end items.

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

The % of the 'general public' who end up as flippers is unlikely to curry much favour with the Royal Mint IMO.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Also consider that some of those at the platinum plus level are able to maintain that level by the fact that they are running a business and that flipping allows them to maintain a good business and continue to purchase high end items.

Yeah it's like a vicious circle isn't it, I'm just glad I managed to join the lift at the ground floor, taking a speculative punt on the Una and lion. Might be able to pay off the mortgage after it's all over with! Crackers isn't it

Edited by Paul

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

It's ok if you're a "business" flipper lol. 

Just now, Paul said:

Yeah it's like a vicious circle isn't it, I'm just glad I managed to join the lift at the ground flooring, taking a speculative punt on the Una and lion. Might be able to pay off the mortgage after it's all over with! Crackers isn't it

Your house has a lift in it?? Snazzy!

3 minutes ago, Coverte said:

The % of the 'general public' who end up as flippers is unlikely to curry much favour with the Royal Mint IMO.

They've got their pound of flesh from day 1 in the daftly inflated RRP

Just now, James32 said:

Your house has a lift in it?? Snazzy!

The new one might, if this series continues for next 25 year s

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

They've got their pound of flesh from day 1 in the daftly inflated RRP

The new one might, if this series continues for next 25 year s

😅😅😅

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

It's ok if you're a "business" flipper lol. 

Good point. I think I meant the individuals who make a ‘business’ of doing this but likely do it under the radar - rather than the businesses that have contracts with the Mint etc and so don’t fall under the mint Marque headings etc….

31 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Good point. I think I meant the individuals who make a ‘business’ of doing this but likely do it under the radar - rather than the businesses that have contracts with the Mint etc and so don’t fall under the mint Marque headings etc….

These coins are all CGT free right? 

78av.gif