• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

30 minutes ago, Piperscoins said:

This sounds about right for the RM. 

The thing is it wouldn't be a coin then

Just an ornament for the select few? 

Is this what we currently have though, in regards to the high end coins at least? How many of the high end coins are actually available? We all gather in the Queue-it system that features the ability to choose who goes first. 

I don't mean to criticise RM too much. I do enjoy buying from them. There's just a lot of questions to ask when it comes to availability. I think they would have more integrity if they offered no preference at all to anyone. You could still have the "Mint Marquee" and all the benefits except for preferential treatment when it comes to product availability.

Edited by SilverJacks

I've queued and sometimes i get a coin and other times i don't.  I never go for the expensive coins ( for the RM).  I am a collector of these coins and it disapoints me when they all go just to see them for sale for daft money. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

those in Mint Marque who have had calls from their RM account managers, we still have not been verbally told 100% " The Gothic Crown is launching Monday 6th Dec at 9am "  

it is more " you will probably be aware of the online chatter on forums and social media, the launch is soon, whilst we cannot confirm or deny dates and we are just doing the admin and wondering your level of intention what you would be seeking to purchase, as we arrange the allocations of our pool of allocated stock " kind of reply.

Since you’re a Mint Marque customer, and since you know I like the brochures etc. that the Royal Mint produces, may I ask if you’ve received any lately?  I’m wondering also if you MM folks get any special brochures for upcoming releases that others don’t?

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Since you’re a Mint Marque customer, and since you know I like the brochures etc. that the Royal Mint produces, may I ask if you’ve received any lately?  I’m wondering also if you MM folks get any special brochures for upcoming releases that others don’t?

Do you get any Perth mint ones.  If so you could swap if Paul was open to it.  But i have to say the RM ones can be sold at auction.

26 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Just an ornament for the select few? 

Is this what we currently have though, in regards to the high end coins at least? How many of the high end coins are actually available? We all gather in the Queue-it system that features the ability to choose who goes first. 

I don't mean to criticise RM too much. I do enjoy buying from them. There's just a lot of questions to ask when it comes to availability. I think they would have more integrity if they offered no preference at all to anyone. You could still have the "Mint Marquee" and all the benefits except for preferential treatment when it comes to product availability.

Unfortunately, for fortunately, depending on which side you fall on, this is how a collectors’ market works.

For those who’ve bought the larger coins, it’s great that the RM gives them first dibs at completing their collections if they so desire. On the flip side those who couldn’t get in at the first coin are disadvantaged now because the chances of them getting in are even slimmer - what with limited mintages and preferential treatment to certain customers.

However, to the Royal Mint’s credit, they’ve successively increased the mintages while still trying to maintain a limit within reason that makes these coins special. This means more chances for the folks we don’t get preferential treatment to try and get one; but equally, as collectors, we scream bloody murder when mintages are increased.  The Royal Mint can’t really win.

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

However, to the Royal Mint’s credit, they’ve successively increased the mintages while still trying to maintain a limit within reason that makes these coins special. This means more chances for the folks we don’t get preferential treatment to try and get one; but equally, as collectors, we scream bloody murder when mintages are increased.  The Royal Mint can’t really win.

I think the RM were surprised how many people wanted to collect this series. 

Just now, Piperscoins said:

Do you get any Perth mint ones.  If so you could swap if Paul was open to it.  But i have to say the RM ones can be sold at auction.

No I don’t. But if someone wants them, I can call and ask if the Perth Mint if they send out physical material. I’m happy to obtain them for whoever wants them. I wouldn’t auction them or charge anyone though - it’s just a bit of a booklet that I’m happy to send anyone if they really want it and won’t just junk it after browsing through.

I personally like physical stuff so it’s just my preference to have these, and I don’t get the Royal Mint ones here.

Meanwhile I can almost hear my dad saying “You’re gathering more junk again?” 😂🤣

17 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Im email communications only in my preference of method of contact

8 minutes ago, Piperscoins said:

So you are like me and hoard stuff!  😂

Haha yeah!

Father Barco (bless his soul!) was a very lovable old Jesuit priest, of whom when he died, it was discovered that his little room on the top floor of the rectory was filled with all sorts of mementoes accumulated from friends, family and well wishers, so much so that you could just about open the door and step over things to get to the bed.

My dad warns me I’ll “become like Father Barco”.

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

Haha yeah!

Father Barco (bless his soul!) was a very lovable old Jesuit priest, of whom when he died, it was discovered that his little room on the top floor of the rectory was filled with all sorts of mementoes accumulated from friends, family and well wishers, so much so that you could just about open the door and step over things to get to the bed.

My dad warns me I’ll “become like Father Barco”.

Yeah you are definitely like me.  The other day my brother came around to stay for a few days we put him in the spare room  his face when he saw it, he said where can i put my clothes!

3 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Can somebody help?

Before I always sat waiting till 9am when it would refresh and put me in queue. Should I be refreshing from 8:30 till 9. To be put in the queue? For the sovereigns I got put near the back of the queue waiting till 9. Thanks

Just log on when you’re ready and the queue it software will just automatically place people into a queue. Being on the website at 07am doesn’t mean you will be first in the queue. It’s random. Also, once in the queue, you’re in the queue, so refreshing doesn’t do anything…this is my understanding and experience.