• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

5 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I’m not responsible for your heart attack.

Looks to me like one less coin in PF70 eligible pool of coins.... 😁

yes-this-pleases-me-greatly.jpg

Edited by jultorsk
typo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 26/01/2022 at 20:49, Gordy said:

Nice post, I am both a collector and flipper and indeed anyone can be both, my collection is for coins and bars I like and sets I want to collect and whenever I get an opportunity to flip a premium coin I will without remorse as I have an attitude that if I can't flip it I will keep it as I only buy coins I like and am prepared to keep. Take the new coin out for example.

I dont like the design as i think it looks rough and damaged even though it isnt but that's my opinion so I didnt get one and dont worry about getting pne but any coins that I flip for a decent return doesnt get spent on beer, it gets spent on buying more PM's as it is a nice way of adding to the treasure without using finances that could be better used elsewhere and it keeps my missus sweet knowing I'm not blowing money that should be for food or paying bills lol

Flippers tend not to be poor as a poor man would not be able to fund a 1oz, 2oz, 5oz and 10oz in one go as some member stated flippers are poor...

Anyway.... a decent portion of my treasure chest is made up of flipped profits and i'm happy i have been able to do it this way with no risk to my portfolio..

Happy hunting and all that...  

Incredibly well said Gordy

20 hours ago, Paul said:

Well it was worth the extra wait :)  

2oz gold Gothic Crown 'plain edge' in hand, available to RM Mint Marque members

Mintage 125 in this presentation (total 131)  

it will be meeting Una, The Lion & Grace, Grace and Grace for a party at the safe deposit box this afternoon 

IMG_2632.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2638.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

Can the RM please make a capsule that fits correctly

@Jeffers46 I hear you about the capsules,  on the high end coins there should be a premium capsule possibly made made from a polarised polymer or even something like sapphire glass, I know some might wince at glass but it's c**p when you get poorly fitting capsules or mostly chipped and burred ones on high end coins. 

Upon ordering a sovereign or above I'd pay extra for the option to have a better quality capsule.  

Slightly off topic, talked to the mint yesterday. Some very exicting 🐿️ club info that I am not yet 100% sure of I might share when I am sure. But, for the emails for first refusal for the portrait @paulmerton, appereantly it's coming out on monday for marquee, mabye they are minting a special email background for them lol...

5 hours ago, Jeremyzed said:

Slightly off topic, talked to the mint yesterday. Some very exicting 🐿️ club info that I am not yet 100% sure of I might share when I am sure. But, for the emails for first refusal for the portrait @paulmerton, appereantly it's coming out on monday for marquee, mabye they are minting a special email background for them lol...

Got mine already in the bag!  Must be a super skid-marque customer😂😂😂😂

23 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Got mine already in the bag!  Must be a super skid-marque customer😂😂😂😂

Not skid, you are SSSVVVIP . Come on, they just done away with all the formalities with you😉. But, honestly the open orders page is so crappy for royal mint, can't even see half of the stuff I ordered.

24 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Not skid, you are SSSVVVIP . Come on, they just done away with all the formalities with you😉. But, honestly the open orders page is so crappy for royal mint, can't even see half of the stuff I ordered.

I don’t see any orders and don’t get a delivery email, which is nuts.  Luckily I know both my local post men and they phone me to let me know if they have a parcel that day, problem is the expensive stuff comes by DHL so I’m running down the road like a tit chasing the yellow van every time I see one! 

6 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I don’t see any orders and don’t get a delivery email, which is nuts.  Luckily I know both my local post men and they phone me to let me know if they have a parcel that day, problem is the expensive stuff comes by DHL so I’m running down the road like a tit chasing the yellow van every time I see one! 

That is really bad... Why can't royal mint fix these I assume easy to fix, yet very important issues. Wait, what did you mean by you had it in the bag then, I thought someone mentioned on wednesday that the portait up as an open order on their account?Is that what you meant?

5 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

That is really bad... Why can't royal mint fix these I assume easy to fix, yet very important issues. Wait, what did you mean by you had it in the bag then, I thought someone mentioned on wednesday that the portait up as an open order on their account?Is that what you meant?

Lucky when I ordered the first lot I made sure I was able to get the second, problem people are going to face is if they have bought these on the secondary market they have no guarantee, I can imagine carpet baggers buying these up on the website on day of launch and trying to nail collectors who are desperate to get the second coins.  

it’s just taken so long to get the bigger coins delivers the 10oz and 1kg are due anytime now.  I’ve had nack all to show on today I received for weeks, I’m going to break that post when my delivery turns up! 

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Lucky when I ordered the first lot I made sure I was able to get the second

I was told the same, buy the first 2oz gold plain edge, you can get the second also when released. I was told march was the release date, but that was early December and have not spoke to my RM account manger since. 

Edited by Paul

Just now, FlorinCollector said:

In typical royal mint fashion I have no email for a chance at second coin but my mate who I showed what to buy got the email :) 

I'm assuming you bought on the day...ring them up and explain.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

In typical royal mint fashion I have no email for a chance at second coin but my mate who I showed what to buy got the email :) 

Show your mate how to buy you the second coin 😁

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

I got continuation ordered but my card expires end of Jan, which is the Monday. Can't seem to find a setting online to setup default and update my details. Will rm contact me if they can't take payment or will they just cancel my order? 

Looks like I might be sweating without being in the queue? 😂