• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Do we know this is the end of the Great Engravers series?

Despite all the stress and hullabaloo I do like the series.

There was a rumour here some time back that it isn’t the end, and the next coin is the Petition Crown or something.

I had hoped they would do William Wyon’s St. George and the Dragon… but they’ve definitely confirmed that the Gothic Crown ends the “trilogy” of his work. 😭

image.jpeg.f8082ee883fd0f4f7b41c43b1cff3f35.jpeg

That would have been great 👍 

27 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

There was a rumour here some time back that it isn’t the end, and the next coin is the Petition Crown or something.

I had hoped they would do William Wyon’s St. George and the Dragon… but they’ve definitely confirmed that the Gothic Crown ends the “trilogy” of his work. 😭

Would've loved to have seen this on a sovereign

34 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

It would be stunning and great to have this design on a Sovereign....maybe next year :) (please RM do you hear me ? :) )

31 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I'll go for one of my kidneys. One kidney is enough, but could never have enough balls.

With the prices that the RM are charging I’m surprised they don’t offer an organ swap, I’m feeling a little nailed with the coins they are launching! 

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Broke back mountain meets horny lorny

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Is it just me, or does this dragon looks like a crying crocodile to you guys too.

15 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The real problem they are backing everyone into a corner with the launches.  Monarch 24th Jan, SOTD 6th feb, 2nd gothic 7th feb?   And many of us have not got the 1st Gothic orders completed yet.   It's getting stilly and very few of us have bottomless pockets.   The 2nd Monarch is in March and they will be more coins between Feb-March.....and I'm half expecting a Spice Girls music legends at some point.   

and don't forget the 2nd Tudor beasts which can't be long in coming out

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

13 minutes ago, Gordy said:

and don't forget the 2nd Tudor beasts which can't be long in coming out

I guess we will see it in April. But i think we don't have to worry a lot to miss it. First the continuity sets are great and you can still buy every other denomination of the Panther at the mint. I guess they will lower the mintage, like they did with the QB's. I just be worried about the 2 OZ silver and the reverse proof set. Maybe i stop the bigger denominations, it's just too much released right now and sometimes i just want to do do and buy other things. If i would collect everything i want, i would spend easily 5 figures only for silver proofs every year

4 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I guess we will see it in April. But i think we don't have to worry a lot to miss it. First the continuity sets are great and you can still buy every other denomination of the Panther at the mint. I guess they will lower the mintage, like they did with the QB's. I just be worried about the 2 OZ silver and the reverse proof set. Maybe i stop the bigger denominations, it's just too much released right now and sometimes i just want to do do and buy other things. If i would collect everything i want, i would spend easily 5 figures only for silver proofs every year

yep, i've signed for both 1oz and 2oz continuity sets so i'm safe.... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

14 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

I guess it doesn't....listening to chat on here with members talking about this issue as a set I thought the mintage would be the same on each coin..

If i would be the mint, i just had to decide for one, of two ways. Increase the mintage, or get first in contact with your customers, that are buying for years. The continuity option for this set and the Tudors are great for buyers, also the new ones. Of course a higher mintage would lower the secondary market. As the mint, i wouldn't care about it a lot. It's enough if they hold their value, better something more. If it is 50, or 500% is almost meaningless for the mint. For one coin, like Una, is great, will increase the interest for RM coins. But if it goes like this with almost every coin, almost every week, couldn't be good and we could see soon a secondary market for RM proofs, like a couple of years ago. 

Somebody linked this video here in the forum, which should open up a lot of collectors eyes, even it is mainly about the videogame market. Same people are involved, like in coin grading and auctioning. Wasn't this Una hype starting with a auction result at Heritage? If you ain't want, or have the time, to watch the whole video, go around minute 38. The fraud with graded coins in the early days of grading. If you watch the whole Video, you see, which people are involved until today.

I don't say, everything is a fraud, but we should be aware of what and for what kind of money we are buying.