• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

13 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Waittt, that is a another good opprunity for thoes who missed out to secure a 2oz silver right, if they do end up cancelling the second portrait. Was the redundant order only a thing for the 2oz silver?

I know I'm being pedantic..I have ocd! But your revised comment does have a misspelling...(Does) not (Dose) sorry..bug bear of mine ...🤭

9 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

I know I'm being pedantic..I have ocd! But your revised comment does have a misspelling...(Does) not (Dose) sorry..bug bear of mine ...🤭

You accidentally quoted me hh, but I spelled opportunity wrong as well. The spell checker is out in force today lol.

10 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Anybody else that bought the continuation not recieved the email to order the second coin?

I didn't but the continuation, but IMO mabye if you bought the continuation you wouldn't recieve the email? Because you have already signed up for your card to be charged automatically, than you don't need to be offered anything via email?

10 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Anybody else that bought the continuation not recieved the email to order the second coin?

Not had a email from the Royal Mint for deliveries for months, my wife has got a Royal Mail app and that pings when a delivery is due, problem is the more expensive stuff normally comes via DHL. 

7 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Nice post, I am both a collector and flipper and indeed anyone can be both, my collection is for coins and bars I like and sets I want to collect and whenever I get an opportunity to flip a premium coin I will without remorse as I have an attitude that if I can't flip it I will keep it as I only buy coins I like and am prepared to keep. Take the new coin out for example.

I dont like the design as i think it looks rough and damaged even though it isnt but that's my opinion so I didnt get one and dont worry about getting pne but any coins that I flip for a decent return doesnt get spent on beer, it gets spent on buying more PM's as it is a nice way of adding to the treasure without using finances that could be better used elsewhere and it keeps my missus sweet knowing I'm not blowing money that should be for food or paying bills lol

Flippers tend not to be poor as a poor man would not be able to fund a 1oz, 2oz, 5oz and 10oz in one go as some member stated flippers are poor...

Anyway.... a decent portion of my treasure chest is made up of flipped profits and i'm happy i have been able to do it this way with no risk to my portfolio..

Happy hunting and all that...  

amen to that 🙏🏻

Edited by Spanishsilver

5 hours ago, paulmerton said:

No email for me yet. Concerned face!

Ditto. No email as of this moment. 😬

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

No email for me either.

Just a thought 💭 

What if the RM are minting more of the portraits than the Quartered Arms. 🤔 They can sell the full allocation to everyone who bought the Quarter plus double the mintage of the Portrait for those who just want the Portrait coin 😱 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

59 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

No email for me either.

Just a thought 💭 

What if the RM are minting more of the portraits than the Quartered Arms. 🤔 They can sell the full allocation to everyone who bought the Quarter plus double the mintage of the Portrait for those who just want the Portrait coin 😱 

Surely the mintage is going to be the same for the portrait as the quartered arms so there will be balanced coin sets??

15 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Surely the mintage is going to be the same for the portrait as the quartered arms so there will be balanced coin sets??

why would it have to be a set?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

8 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

It's the 2 sides of the same coin literally so makes sense to have it as a set 

I agree it might make sense to you but the whole series has ever increasing mintages, and if the mintage is the same pretty sure everything is sold. So why wouldn't they up the mintage?

It might seem a bit "out there" but @MancunianStacker makes a good point. Everyone is happy all those who got the quartered arms get the set and the collectors who want the opportunity to own the portrait get what they want! Win for the royal mint and Win for the collectors, Win Win 🥳

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

5 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

I agree it might make sense to you but the whole series has ever increasing mintages, and if the mintage is the same pretty sure everything is sold. So why wouldn't they up the mintage?

It might seem a bit "out there" but @MancunianStacker makes a good point. Everyone is happy all those who got the quartered arms get the set and the collectors who want the opportunity to own the portrait get what they want! Win for the royal mint and Win for the collectors, Win Win 🥳

Its a business. It’s not run by collectors for collectors, their “queue” system is evidence of that.

They could easily email out, obtain interest, email the same people to make their order, and then mint to that order plus x%. They don’t do it, they like the bread and circus / hype. I’d expect a higher mintage of the portrait, but then I’m just a business guy 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, MancunianStacker said:

Its a business. It’s not run by collectors for collectors, their “queue” system is evidence of that.

They could easily email out, obtain interest, email the same people to make their order, and then mint to that order plus x%. They don’t do it, they like the bread and circus / hype. I’d expect a higher mintage of the portrait, but then I’m just a business guy 😉 

I see it as with the British Monarchs. Start low, get a momentum going then you can slowly increase the mintages, whilst carefully walking the the fine line.

Alternatively, if they had of went mental with the mintages, it wouldn't have sold out and potentially put the whole series on a bad footing. Think seymour panther, I don't think that has sold out yet, and the next one will be soon.

I think they will continue to increase the mintages of the great engravers series, assuming this isn't the end.

I consider the gothic coin portrait the same coin, so I am hoping they don't increase the mintages.

If they do, and they double it, that's a big number in the context of the great engravers. I think that will potentially mean future releases will slide further down the special category.

Imagine all of the great engravers were unlimited mintage ? Would there be anywhere near as much fuss / desirability ?

10 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Imagine all of the great engravers were unlimited mintage ? Would there be anywhere near as much fuss / desirability ?

I thought about this. In my view it would have to be a bullion issue because unless they ‘minted to order’ they would not be able to justify the premiums for the proof.

Anyway, once the Great Engravers series ends, expect to see a 1/4oz reverse proof set of all of them. Una, 3G, Gothic, Wallace and Gromit and Diversity.