• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

noooooooooooo - its going nowhere near that den on iniquity feebay

I will happily watch how this does from the side lines for the next few year and enjoy the journey and share it here with others  

In lieu of a love reaction, this is how I feel right now.  ♥️♥️♥️  You are well within your rights to sell it, but the fact that you choose to hold it for a while, because you love it, and because of exactly what you said about looking back and seeing how far you’ve come, working hard so you can enjoy this hobby, and not mercilessly use it as a way to make more money; really makes me happy to know you are one of the few people in the world to own this beauty. 

3 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Yes, they are very beautiful. Look forward to the next coin in the series. I hope the wait isn't too long this time 🙂

2E1E1212-EFDE-4F1E-9574-CE528B81457D.jpeg

1B1B237E-5B83-4731-B893-DA2CDC2E8787.jpeg

5CE6C25A-1290-4139-8B49-B74E2BB08BE2.jpeg

Lovely buddy!  That’s a sight to behold.  Can’t image what the sets will look like.

Coingasm for me!!! 😅

Happy to see some of the good folks here getting these!

33 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Lovely buddy!  That’s a sight to behold.  Can’t image what the sets will look like.

Coingasm for me!!! 😅

Happy to see some of the good folks here getting these!

Thank you. What annoys me is that they put coins like this in normal capsules. In this case, obviously the plain edge is a feature, but you can't 'enjoy' it when in the capsule (and I don't mean take it out and rub it around your body like people were indicating in the other thread). I grade, so it will be sent (boo, hiss, stone him :ph34r: 😂) so I will at-least be able to see it better once slabbed. But for those folk that don't (and thats fine, im not looking to bring up that debate again!!), the capsule lets down the entire presentation for me. Potentially I may have kept it out of a slab and had a box made for the two of them, but I'd need a much smarter capsule.

1 minute ago, SilverMike said:

Thank you. What annoys me is that they put coins like this in normal capsules. In this case, obviously the plain edge is a feature, but you can't 'enjoy' it when in the capsule (and I don't mean take it out and rub it around your body like people were indicating in the other thread). I grade, so it will be sent (boo, hiss, stone him :ph34r: 😂) so I will at-least be able to see it better once slabbed. But for those folk that don't (and thats fine, im not looking to bring up that debate again!!), the capsule lets down the entire presentation for me. Potentially I may have kept it out of a slab and had a box made for the two of them, but I'd need a much smarter capsule.

100% agree with your comment Mike 

43 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

I am still waiting on my plain edge. I was wondering how it can be distinguished from the milled edge coin on the NGC submission forms, any advice is much appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😲

the couple of "plain edge" that appeared on feeBay in December had listing price of nearly £30k - £40k 

Both removed from sale, nothing showed as bought/deal done in completed items search

15 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

I am still waiting on my plain edge. I was wondering how it can be distinguished from the milled edge coin on the NGC submission forms, any advice is much appreciated.

Put “Plain Edge” in the mint mark box. They will the catalogue it right and it’ll be on the label. I use that box for anything like that 👍

Edited by SilverMike

2 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Put “Plain Edge” in the mint mark box. They will the catalogue it right and it’ll be on the label. I use that box for anything like that 👍

2 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Thanks Mike