• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

13 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

There now seems to be very little chance that I'll be able to get Portrait versions at sensible prices..

(as it seems Portrait coins will all be offered 1st to people that have flipped allready)

I have bought three Gothic crowns privately..

So, whilst I'll take my chances on the website on the day, to get the portrait to make a pair seems very very unlikely, then massive premiums to buy on the secondary market.

So  It looks like I will be sadly and very likely selling.. 

2 oz Quartered Arms gold - plain edge

5 oz Quartered Arms gold -

2 oz Quartered Arms gold - millled edge

I have been trying to track down a nice 1847 Gothic Crown, without a pair of the new ones, that seems pointless aswell.

Maybe I'l get lucky and get a pair, I hope so. 

This 'recent' ? high level of very short term speculating/flipping can't be good for the coin world, can it? in the long term?

Would make for a great photo Barry, must have missed them on today I received.   

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Keep the faith. Keep trying to see if any are available on release day.

I don't imagine many (anyone) will be turning down the opportunity.

Life is strange, you never know.

With the amount of recent releases, mabye we will stand a chance, and there might be people thinking similar things as paul and refuses the second coin, you never know.

Edited by Jeremyzed

10 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

How did you manage to track down and buy a plain edge quarater arms with low premiums!! I thought their hasn't been a sale of thoes yet, even if they were sold they must have commanded unattainable prices, so I thought...

When I say 'low' premiums.. It wasn't the 300-400-500-600% premiums, seen on ebay...!!! 

Still a v high premium. (and No, I didn't negotiate down, and buy from any of the ebay sellers - Rather than have been sold, I think the ebayers may have all withdrawn, waiting for Portrait version perhaps, and sell as a pair)

13 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

How did you manage to track down and buy a plain edge quarater arms with low premiums!! I thought their hasn't been a sale of thoes yet, even if they were sold they must have commanded unattainable prices, so I thought...

I didn’t even know they had been sent out yet! I guess bought in good faith and pending delivery. 

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@BarryWoods If you have spend this kind of lolly with the RM they have to get you the 2nd coin mate? 

I think he didn't buy any of these from the mint. But honestly, if you have a good spent history with the mint and then sweet talk them, given the fact that you have the first coins, I think their a small chance it might work though.

4 minutes ago, marston59 said:

Just received an email from the Royal Mint that my plain edge will be sent out within 48 hours

giphy.gif

Hopefully mine will not be too far behind yours :) 

Its still stuck in my "open orders" in RM account :( no tracking reference/emails as yet 

The real problem they are backing everyone into a corner with the launches.  Monarch 24th Jan, SOTD 6th feb, 2nd gothic 7th feb?   And many of us have not got the 1st Gothic orders completed yet.   It's getting stilly and very few of us have bottomless pockets.   The 2nd Monarch is in March and they will be more coins between Feb-March.....and I'm half expecting a Spice Girls music legends at some point.   

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The real problem they are backing everyone into a corner with the launches.  Monarch 24th Jan, SOTD 6th feb, 2nd gothic 7th feb?   And many of us have not got the 1st Gothic orders completed yet.   It's getting stilly and very few of us have bottomless pockets.   The 2nd Monarch is in March and they will be more coins between Feb-March.....and I'm half expecting a Spice Girls music legends at some point.   

So good chance for me and @BarryWoods😉 to secure a gold 2oz from the mint then as the mint try their hardest to drive people into finical ruins.

42 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

So for those the mint sent 2 coins too. Dose that mean their getting 2 portraits or 1 🤔

Waittt, that is a another good opportunity for thoes who missed out to secure a 2oz silver right, if they do end up cancelling the second portrait. Was the redundant order only a thing for the 2oz silver?

Edited by Jeremyzed