• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, Gildeon said:

A large bunch came back from @Numistacker today. Very happy with the results. A few notes:

• Not one failure this time (details, not eligible etc...), must be a first! 😁
  • Several 68s and my first 69 grade
  • First two coins in my collection with the Mexican and the German (new) labels
  • Pleasant surprise and unexpected Mint Error! 😎
  • Four coins were picked for conservation by NCS. Two of them didn't increase and two went up two grades each. Overall I consider it pretty successful.

IMG_1936.JPG

Could you post a close up of that German coin? See it got a UC, just interested to see the detail 🙂

3 hours ago, SilverTanner said:

Another Napoleon - this time one from Italy, a 1810M 1 Lira, only 33 more to go for the full set 😄 (probably impossible even in VF but you have to try!)

Italy-1L-1810M-combined.jpg

I got the same problem with types in american coins, capped bust, ok, seated liberty ok, draped bust, getting harder, flowing hair?, cheaper to buy a car...lol.

2 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

I got the same problem with types in american coins, capped bust, ok, seated liberty ok, draped bust, getting harder, flowing hair?, cheaper to buy a car...lol.

I can't even seem to get my hands on any 1963 Franklins halfs at the moment..................

That, @SilverTanner, is a beautiful coin though..........

1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

The Napoleonic coinage of Italy is full of varieties, overdates, recut dies between mints etc, plus the reference books generally do not agree with one another or use the same terminology!

Like an idiot I thought I would try and sort it all out and just keep finding more and more unrecorded varieties, and mint state coins are not common either which makes things even more difficult. The mints at Bologna, Milan and Venice must have been a complete shambles compared to the French mints. A retirement project I think 😄

4 minutes ago, SilverTanner said:

The Napoleonic coinage of Italy is full of varieties, overdates, recut dies between mints etc, plus the reference books generally do not agree with one another or use the same terminology!

Like an idiot I thought I would try and sort it all out and just keep finding more and more unrecorded varieties, and mint state coins are not common either which makes things even more difficult. The mints at Bologna, Milan and Venice must have been a complete shambles compared to the French mints. A retirement project I think 😄

Its like denver mint here, the old coins had errors galore, over dates, double dies, i think they employed mr magoo...lol..my double d 64 quarters coukd fill up a box on their own.

3 hours ago, SilverMike said:

Im a bit in love with this, first and probably only medal i’ll have and probably over paid, but a gold (11.72g) 1897 Victoria Diamond Jubilee medal. Came with original box. Nice, alongside a sovereign for scale (act measures 24.3mm dia.) 

C89BE89D-51A7-486E-9F1B-766616B3E162.thumb.jpeg.0cf8e959e503a0af1389fc00fa319aab.jpeg

E0A2B256-D23D-44FD-903D-E5987ADE4B68.thumb.jpeg.1f0f1e41a4d0799f21700b39ecb2faf3.jpeg

6D3F5BF3-4CCC-48BF-AAB7-E91DC4D0E7E5.thumb.jpeg.8f08791205f443cc63fb3839611cb66b.jpeg

CC2F042E-10C0-4488-8EEE-E39278E75213.thumb.jpeg.974c45ec04dc01a6bc5c1fa5eb7e2f15.jpeg

Yummy,Yum Yum. ive got loads of the silver and bronzes, but yet to have one in Gold. Lovely Coin this.

2 hours ago, HGr said:

Incredible depth 

Without the depth there definitely wouldn’t be much character to this piece. 

Added 0 minutes later...
1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

Deep relief in anything seems to bring out more life.

100% agree brings the piece to life in some aspect :)

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....