• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

I do think they will do well tbh. Especially in the bigger sizes.

Mate it’s worth paying £5,555 for a set I did get a £40 discount from Chards 🤗 the £5 will be selling for more than that as soon as they are back from the NGC. 

Anyone tempted to buy these offerings use topcashback and apply coupon code PST133 for free delivery. There's no rush 😁

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

nothing else looks like its sold out over the course of today 

Just now, ArgentSmith said:

Anyone tempted to buy these offerings use topcashback and apply coupon code PST133 for free delivery. There's no rush 😁

someone mentioned RM had dropped topcashback at the weekend prior to launch 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

someone mentioned RM had dropped topcashback at the weekend prior to launch 

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/the-royal-mint/ 🤷‍♂️

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

27 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Mate it’s worth paying £5,555 for a set I did get a £40 discount from Chards 🤗 the £5 will be selling for more than that as soon as they are back from the NGC. 

It worked out cheaper to buy directly from the mint as Quidco had increased their cashback to 1.5%. 

1 hour ago, CaptCaveMan said:

So day two, currently remaining...

• Quarter: 1,154
  • Half: 485
  • Sovereign: 3,926
  • 3-Coin set: 20
  • Piedfort: 167
  • 5 Sovereign BU Matte: 174

Cheers mucker, still got a bit of time for anyone on the fence. They always have the few leftovers they hold back for replacements as well that may or may not show on these stats. But the sales seem steady. 

To anyone on the bench undecided the£5 BU 2022 plat jubilees in Matt are absolutely lovely in hand. I know the market is not on fire or over the top popular but if you are buying the coin for enjoyment, it's a great piece. Shame the proof  £5 gold will be a few £k dearer in years to come for not much difference. Still a lovely big boy coin

No reason why this won't be the same 

Will be a lovely pair 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

To anyone on the bench undecided the£5 BU 2022 plat jubilees in Matt are absolutely lovely in hand. I know the market is not on fire or over the top popular but if you are buying the coin for enjoyment, it's a great piece. Shame the proof  £5 gold will be a few £k dearer in years to come for not much difference. Still a lovely big boy coin

No reason why this won't be the same 

Will be a lovely pair 

That design in the Matte BU finish will be stunning. Shame the love isn't there for it compared to the proofs.

5 minutes ago, SiCole said:

That design in the Matte BU finish will be stunning. Shame the love isn't there for it compared to the proofs.

Probably not as nice as the proof that is why RM did not publish any photos of it. The memorial design more busy and the mirror proof background becomes accented to the main design making it stands out. 

Is it definitely confirmed that the BU Memorial 5 sovereign piece is a matte finish?

I agree that it will be a great complement to the Platinum Jubilee BU five sovereign piece, but personally I think these coins work better in non-matte finish.

Here are mine:

IMG_E0010.JPG

IMG_E0011.JPG

IMG_E0016.JPG

14 minutes ago, SiCole said:

The loves not there currently,very true.

But for someone who may want a £5 gold big  boy coin, I'm sure side by side will be lovely long term. If you can get both at close / very near to RRP in their 70 plastic coffins now 

They may be ugly ducklings of the future never know

I've a 2017 BU ,£5 gold in ms69 I got for £1550 I'd estimate it's £2500-£2600 if I was selling it 

Still stunning design as the proof but multiple thousands cheaper 

6 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Is it definitely confirmed that the BU Memorial 5 sovereign piece is a matte finish?

I agree that it will be a great complement to the Platinum Jubilee BU five sovereign piece, but personally I think these coins work better in non-matte finish.

Here are mine:

IMG_E0010.JPG

IMG_E0011.JPG

IMG_E0016.JPG

Dont think it's confirmed as Matt as yet, we are assuming on past few £5 gold  BU releases

Matt will certainly compliment it's 2022 plat jubilee older relation. Side by side

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

I watched the vid by @BackyardBullionbBackyardBullionbut he didn't make it clear how you actually did a keyword search. Is it something basic I'm missing?

Some browsers may vary, this works for chrome. On the page for the coin, right click and select ‘view page source’, press the ‘control/command key’ and ‘f’ to use the search function, search ‘available’. The amount in stock is usually at about the 7th, on a long single of code that extends to the right.