• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

THANK F FOR THAT!  The 5 coin set sold out!...............Now I can start flipping !!!!!!!!!!!   Watch all the dealer prices jump up on the back of this.  

It’s back on sale…..126 available according to the data.

39 minutes ago, bluffer said:

got my credit card statement in today and the silver i got from mint was just inside the cut off - and they have charged my a cash transation fee for it🤬 3.99%!  so just as well I didnt buy from RM as that fee would have wiped out the rewards on the card itself and the topcashback cashback!

Dont know if it would be worthwhile making a sticky post of cards with no fees and those with fees to avoid?

Was that investment account or commemorative?

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

It's likely a clean 4 coin set at a dealer may set you back round 9k now,   they were 4.8k ish in 2018.  

IMG_5405.jpeg

I'd be over the moon to own a 1989 1 Sov... one day, Lurrvly.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

they were 4.8k ish in 2018

I got a very clean one from a dealer for £4500 as late as 2019 I think.

There again, at my age I keep losing years of memory!😁

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 hours ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Can't argue with that.

My proof Sov focus - with very limited funds has been the birth years of the kids and trying to back fill the special years designs, 2022 has been a killer on the wallet.

I'm hoping the 2023 Coronation Sov will be it for important dates/coins for a while so I can get back to bullion...

Any word on the coronation sovereign? I tried to look but this thread is now 170 pages long!

@westminstrel we need a coronation thread! 

7 hours ago, Paul said:

My five & four coin set - showing as dispatched

I always thought you got preferential treatment😁

Oops sorry, just caught up on this thread☹️

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

So looking at the jubilee design against the memorial design and I'm curious to know which one people prefer..... personally I think the jubilee is nicer to be honest. 

Screenshot_20221116_182419_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20221116_181819_Chrome.jpg

The memorial design for me is like the queens beasts of sovereigns and i love it.

How well it looks on a normal coin not a big picture time will tell as it is very fussy but i am looking forward to bullion double sovs of them as they will be great imo.

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

So looking at the jubilee design against the memorial design and I'm curious to know which one people prefer..... personally I think the jubilee is nicer to be honest. 

Sorry but the memorial for me.

Reasons.. the lions look like actual lions who have been fed a nice red meat diet.

Far more intricate overall, although this could prove to be its undoing ( more opportunities for quality issues) 

Final note, the colour looks better, will need to compare in the hand though, might just be a new photographer lol.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Coins like these proofs are also always much nicer in hand (below compared to retail photo for example). I think this new design will be incredible in person, once they land, they will increase in demand, especially in the larger 5 sov format. You all gonna regret not buying a ton now ;)

I’m with Dave on this in the bullish flipper camp.

27391408-9488-4426-8383-A0A04BEC9567.jpeg

Edited by Touvex

On 15/11/2022 at 13:53, lubi29 said:

I got what I wanted elsewhere, but every time trying buy from RM got internal error 

IMG_20221115_135042.jpg

Same here. My screenshot tells me this happened at 9.12 which I think was just ahead of the RM server crash. Tried a few times to no avail. Checked this thread and the first post I laid eyes on said uk gold coins were selling these coins. Having recently bought off Mark I went to his website and got the £5 BU which is all I wanted. Just realised on Wednesday night that Mark discounted the £5 BU by £50 compared to the RM price. Happy bunny.

On 14/11/2022 at 21:04, Taikonaut said:

Fewer actual number of people buying this time round because of financial reasons but plenty of maybe even more flippers. Lower mintage and sets sells quickly, sovereigns with 17,500 mintage may be around for a couple of weeks. I don't count myself as a hardcore Royal Mint commemorative buyer so this releaes has rather less hold on me.

Just been checking back on Monday’s posts looking for this one. Despite my disagreement with you over the Potter coins I wanted to say fair play to you. This is still looking like a good call.

44 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Personally, I like both.

I think in terms of the design, the memorial sovereign is better. But having said that, will the first sovereign of King Charles III really be known as the memorial sovereign. It seems to take something away from this first sovereign release of King Charles by calling it a memorial sovereign. I understand why it’s called that but I still feel it’s a sovereign for the sake of a sovereign.

My only criticism I would say is that the date or year could have been bigger. But then again it’s distinguishable by the design alone so maybe that wasn’t necessary. 

As far as the reverse design goes, this is very impressive. I wonder if this was designed way before HM The Queen passed away or after.

I don’t think there’s a real answer to your question, only opinions and I still stand by saying, I like both reverse designs.

2 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

Any word on the coronation sovereign? I tried to look but this thread is now 170 pages long!

@westminstrel we need a coronation thread! 

I’ve scoured the Gazette but don’t yet see anything that might pertain to the 2023 Coronation Sovereign, unless the RM intends for it to also have a Coat of Arms, in which case, it would be covered by the existing Gazette entry.

Note the existing Gazette entry also states “plain edge” so who knows what the RM has planned. 🙂