• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

3 hours ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Anyone else noticed the added text;

The Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Coin range is only available to purchase until 31 December 2022.

Interesting. I already knew that. Are you sure it wasn't always on the page/website somewhere?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 hours ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Anyone else noticed the added text;

The Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Coin range is only available to purchase until 31 December 2022.

If they don't sell out the LE numbers maybe reduced...

image.thumb.png.1c35cdb272ad57584b98b3fcb2ead49e.png

I'm hoping it doesn't sell out lol. The lower the mintage the better. This will always be a significant coin regardless of what some might try to make you think. It's a great design and a first with the Kings effigy. Everyone stop buying these please lmao!!!

39 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Interesting. I already knew that. Are you sure it wasn't always on the page/website somewhere?

Am I the only one who keeps receipts? :)

Top pic from launch day, bottom pic from today. Also notice the difference in shipping time.

sovte.png

Edited by SheepStacker

Buy high. Sell low.

8 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

Am I the only one who keeps receipts? :)

Top pic from launch day, bottom pic from today. Also notice the difference in shipping time.

I can see the benefit of capping the offers you purchase from, as well as any T&C. Trouble is I'm far too disorganised and forgetful to do it!

I must have been told that by the person from the Mint I spoke to then😄

1 minute ago, SilverDrum said:

Nowhere does it say that they will reduce the mintage if they don't sell them. Have they ever done so before? I'd guess they'd leave them un-made, or stored away and then one day in the future they can "find" some to sell. 

Yes it's been done in the past.

However, I don't think that will happen in this instance; I mentioned in another thread that they have someone who wants to purchase their remaining stock as and when they stop the public sale.

Whatever tactic the RM employ they hope to wrap up sale before sending the coins out. They did not expect sales will be that slow and the higher mintage had backfired so they were force to add a new announcement today that sales will end in 31st December. 

1 hour ago, blackadder said:

Why are you talking about @Paullike that :P 😂

Any new releases I choose to back are HODL'ed or sent for grading or sat in safe deposit box. 

I certainly don't buy every release and been very  vocal I've sold out over 8000oz  + now of physical silver 1oz coins in the last year 

As and when the last few thousand Oz  sell it'll be going into graded 70 pf modern releases, in ten years time plus 

I'll revisit in retirement 

Edited by Paul

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Any new releases I choose to back are HODL'ed or sent for grading or sat in safe deposit box. 

I certainly don't buy every release and been very  vocal I've sold out over 8000oz  + now of physical silver 1oz coins  

As and when the last few thousand Oz  sell it'll be going into graded 70 pf model n releases in ten years time plus 

You tell 'em @Paul... to da moon!

2 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

Is that somewhere between a Matt and a Dave finish? They must be worth a fortune when they get top grade at NGCX. 

Yeah as long as you don't get an Anne finish, you should be eating well when it comes to grading 

33 minutes ago, Paul said:

I certainly don't buy every release and been very  vocal I've sold out over 8000oz  + now of physical silver 1oz coins in the last year 

As and when the last few thousand Oz  sell it'll be going into graded 70 pf modern releases, in ten years time plus 

I'll revisit in retirement 

Paul how do you manage to sell so much silver? Do you have an online shop? 

9 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

It was always going to be a slow burner once the mintages were known.

Yeah, such extreme mintages. Has there ever been a time when the 5 set had such a huge increase? From only 700 sets for the 2022 Jubilee 5 coin set, to 1200 for this sovereign. 

A 71% increase in mintage, not sure why people are expecting the £5 sovereign to do well?

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

No just his local kebab shop takes @Paul 's 1oz silver rounds for payment. 

That crossed my mind. There is no way Paul could sell all that silver.I think he maybe doing his weekly shop with silver also. 

2 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

Yeah, such extreme mintages. Has there ever been a time when the 5 set had such a huge increase? From only 700 sets for the 2022 Jubilee 5 coin set, to 1200 for this sovereign. 

A 71% increase in mintage, not sure why people are expecting the £5 sovereign to do well?

700 is indeed low compared to 1,200, but 1,200 is also pretty low by itself in the grand scheme of things.

Think about it… of the tens of thousands of coin collectors, only 1,200 will ever have the £5 Proof.

I suspect the cost of living and general economic situation worldwide has more to do with this range not selling out yet rather than the (increased) mintage.

6 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I suspect the cost of living and general economic situation worldwide has more to do with this range not selling out yet rather than the (increased) mintage.

Its both. Had they kept the minatage the same as for the Platinum Jubliee it would have sold out now.

13 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

Just sold at Lockdales auction 2022 Platinum Jubilee sovereign proof case and certificate £750. 

That's not the total price. I'm watching the live auction too. Add 29.34% commission. It went for £970 plus auction house postage (that could add another £20 - 30). So you're looking at about a grand.