• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

23 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

PST133 worked for me yesterday 👍

Thank you kindly.... I can confirm it still works and I have a piedfort to pair up with my other 2022 piedfort hopefully en route soon. Cool beans 👍

Thank you kindly.... I can confirm it still works and I have a piedfort to pair up with my other 2022 piedfort hopefully en route soon. Cool beans 👍

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Jeezus you have tourette's

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

13 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I didn't think it was sending lol. Logged out and back in again and that was the result lol

At least the code for free shipping is easy to find.... almost a whole page devoted to it lol.

What did you order anymore single sovereigns ? I have only ordered one full sovereign so far 😃

27 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

What did you order anymore single sovereigns ? I have only ordered one full sovereign so far 😃

I've only ordered a piedfort. I was trying to resist but I think it's the only move to make when I already have the jubilee piedfort. I was going to get a full and two halves but it works out more expensive for the same amount of gold and both those are a lot higher in mintage. If I have both piedforts then the most sets that will ever be able to be made is only 2032 as that's the total mintage of those this time. 

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

THANK F FOR THAT!  The 5 coin set sold out!...............Now I can start flipping !!!!!!!!!!!   Watch all the dealer prices jump up on the back of this.  

There will be more pop up over the next few weeks I'd imagine. But blink and you'll miss them.

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Im gonna have a right laugh at those belly aching about these not selling out instantly...........Better luck in 2023 folks!   🤣🤣🤣 

I'll be only getting bullion in 2023. I've only got what I got now because of the historic nature of them. I'll be keeping clear of proofs for a long while now and concentrating on stacking and my own little bullion collections. 

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Im gonna have a right laugh at those belly aching about these not selling out instantly...........Better luck in 2023 folks!   🤣🤣🤣 

Lets hope so. Got enough of them!

10 minutes ago, DdraigAur said:

When did the BU 5 Sovereign change the description to include 'Matt Finish'? Im sure it didn't say that originally, and atm it's own page shows a 404 error.

I mention this morning that we don't know if the BU coin will be Matte proof and it seems RM has been following this forum and updated their webpage.

I think this memorial coin with the busy design looks better in proof than matte

Edited by Taikonaut

25 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I'll be only getting bullion in 2023. I've only got what I got now because of the historic nature of them. I'll be keeping clear of proofs for a long while now and concentrating on stacking and my own little bullion collections. 

Same here, might possibly get the Coronation sov to complete the set, but that would definitely be gold proofs done for me. Probably! They're just too expensive.

On 15/11/2022 at 12:14, bluffer said:

hummed and hawed and then took the plunge with my first 3 set.  due to the query of whether it would be classed as a cash advance and be charged by the credit card company, i bought it from bbp with free post :)  whilst not quite in cold beans and water for the next 2 months, i think that will be the last purchase of the year for me.  ( famous last words! )

the one nagging feeling at the back of my mind is of course, is they have is described as pre order, but they have confirmed the payment has been made with delivery in january.  So hopefully their order levels are big enough for me to get it.  I not that RM still have the 3 set in stock.

Does the 2 set come in a box?  Got to be honest, I dont think its worth the extra £300 or so compared to buying them separately.

got my credit card statement in today and the silver i got from mint was just inside the cut off - and they have charged my a cash transation fee for it🤬 3.99%!  so just as well I didnt buy from RM as that fee would have wiped out the rewards on the card itself and the topcashback cashback!

Dont know if it would be worthwhile making a sticky post of cards with no fees and those with fees to avoid?

3 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Same here, might possibly get the Coronation sov to complete the set, but that would definitely be gold proofs done for me. Probably! They're just too expensive.

Can't argue with that.

My proof Sov focus - with very limited funds has been the birth years of the kids and trying to back fill the special years designs, 2022 has been a killer on the wallet.

I'm hoping the 2023 Coronation Sov will be it for important dates/coins for a while so I can get back to bullion...

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

9 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

My other 10 pennies worth……..in 1989 the Royal Mint could not shift the 1989 proof sovereigns, strangely enough the UK was in a similar economic position🤔 

How many wished they backed the truck up back then ? 

I'm new to sovs and dates, etc. How well have the 1989 proofs been doing recently, past couple years?

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

21 minutes ago, bluffer said:

got my credit card statement in today and the silver i got from mint was just inside the cut off - and they have charged my a cash transation fee for it🤬 3.99%!  so just as well I didnt buy from RM as that fee would have wiped out the rewards on the card itself and the topcashback cashback!

I've never been charged cash transaction fees on my credit card. Bought from most of the big boy UK Dealers, and the Royal Mint. My credit card is from Metro Bank.

Buy high. Sell low.