• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

15 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

I just noticed how anorexic the lion is on the jubilee sovereign! Cannot unsee 

Too right, high time for the RM to get onboard with the 'body positivity' movement! 🦁😁

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 5.00.18 AM.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

14 hours ago, bluffer said:

got my credit card statement in today and the silver i got from mint was just inside the cut off - and they have charged my a cash transation fee for it🤬 3.99%!  so just as well I didnt buy from RM as that fee would have wiped out the rewards on the card itself and the topcashback cashback!

Dont know if it would be worthwhile making a sticky post of cards with no fees and those with fees to avoid?

I had the same issue when I brought the SOTD, credit card charge for cash purchase. It’s not RM, it’s down to the credit card company, they have changed their terms and conditions. I managed to get my charge cancelled but won’t be buying gold on CC again. 

give your CC company a ring and kick up a stink. 

5 minutes ago, kiskelo said:

I had the same issue when I brought the SOTD, credit card charge for cash purchase. It’s not RM, it’s down to the credit card company, they have changed their terms and conditions. I managed to get my charge cancelled but won’t be buying gold on CC again. 

The royal mints bullion section will accept debit card. Commemorative coins can be paid for by credit card. I haven’t had any issues in the past. Hopefully my cc wont charge me

I always thought the Jubilee design was a bit "weedy", the lion looks anorexic. The whole design doesn't sit well, too insignificant on the field. The new design could be described as too busy but I much prefer it. It's going to look fantastic, especially in the larger sizes, and especially if it really is going to be "golden" gold😊

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I noticed on Page 170 both AndrewSL76 and Deus are using the 2022 Jubilee Sovereign as an Avatar. One is ‘Pink’, the other ‘Brown’  It just shows how an image can be manipulated in terms of colour.  Neither is accurately depicted. The guilty party is the RM who continue to show the Sovereign as being ‘Pink’ when it clearly isn’t……

34 minutes ago, DdraigAur said:

Overall I'm a big fan (without seeing it in hand) of the memorial sovereign design, but for me the lion is the weakest part. The head and expression are fine, but the body and limbs look odd, can't help the feeling its a man in a lion suit.

I'm with you on that. The lion looks a bit camp from the neck down. A great fierce look it but the body language seems a bit damp lol. 

19 hours ago, Deus said:

Was that investment account or commemorative?

it was a couple of 1oz'ers ( a 23 brit and a king arthur ) so bullion side which is actually the first time I have bought on that side from them and why I ended up buying from someone else for the sov.  

5 hours ago, kiskelo said:

trying to ( once i found a phone number online as they dont put the general customer service nbr on the statement anymore. ) and i am not sure but i think it said the call would be answered within 90 min!!!!!  but they havent repeated any time after the initial mention, just that they REALLY wasnt to speak to me and I am moving forward in the queue.  :sigh:  but gave up after 15 min waiting.  every little doesnt help in this case.

but then why when buying from silver trader, bbp, bleyer etc or even silver proof circulating coins from RM have they never charged me before?    I would hazard a guess it will be something to do with RM putting bullion into a separate product category.

2 minutes ago, bluffer said:

think it said the call would be answered within 90 min!!!

Just don't pay them for a few months, you'll usually find they suddenly have time to speak to you, and will even call you themselves. 😂

Buy high. Sell low.

6 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I always thought the Jubilee design was a bit "weedy", the lion looks anorexic. The whole design doesn't sit well, too insignificant on the field. The new design could be described as too busy but I much prefer it. It's going to look fantastic, especially in the larger sizes, and especially if it really is going to be "golden" gold😊

The £5 sovereign has potential to look magnificent! 

18 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Any updates on how these are selling ? Since people have found the way to see what's in stock I've been quite interested to see how it's doing lol

Both the 4 and 5 set no longer available at the RM……..Woo!