• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

Anyone else noticed the added text;

The Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Coin range is only available to purchase until 31 December 2022.

If they don't sell out the LE numbers maybe reduced...

image.thumb.png.1c35cdb272ad57584b98b3fcb2ead49e.png

Edited by CaptCaveMan

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

I got "JK Rowling'ed" by the Mint - Cancelled :(   

only x1 big set allowed per household

Still got a five & four set on order and still in "open orders"

So I assume since I've bought 2 x four coin sets, I'm getting cancelled too? Strange as both payments taken though and both still in open orders.

The only reason I went for 2 x four's was because payment failed twice on the 5 coin set ( only debit card ive ever used for the mint) and basket disappeared. So ordered a 4 coin set in a state of panic, then the mint spent the rest of the day mocking me by releasing 5 coin sets 😆 then everything sold out again. Then another 4 coin set appeared and I thought 2 x 4 is 8 and more than 5 😆 🤣 😂 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

17 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

The Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Coin range is only available to purchase until 31 December 2022.

Well spotted, it could just be a marketing ploy... time will tell.

1 minute ago, James32 said:

So I assume since I've bought 2 x four coin sets, I'm getting cancelled too? Strange as both payments taken though and both still in open orders.

The only reason I went for 2 x four's was because payment failed twice on the 5 coin set ( only debit card ive ever used for the mint) and basket disappeared. So ordered a 4 coin set in a state of panic, then the mint spent the rest of the day mocking me by releasing 5 coin sets 😆 then everything sold out again. Then another 4 coin set appeared and I thought 2 x 4 is 8 and more than 5 😆 🤣 😂 

Your probably in there Elite Dyson VIP category so yours will go through. 

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

I got "JK Rowling'ed" by the Mint - Cancelled :(   

only x1 big set allowed per household

Still got a five & four set on order and still in "open orders"

i have the five and four set still in "open orders"

and i have a five and four set in "closed orders" marked as dispatched/no payment taken/and order total shows as £0.00 for them in RM speak = cancelled without telling you from other posts here who have had orders cancelled without being told 

The two sets cancelled were the orders i made later in the day with RM when they arrived back in stock suddenly on the site 

They may be be manually checking who's bought prior to dispatch. Not sure how i was caught out 

22 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Did'nt spotted that when it was available on tiesday. Was this just been added?

22 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

i would expect it to be sold out by the end of the year personally.

Cash received for Christmas, last minute gifts given, folk getting bonuses from work/tips, Irish folk getting a new Dyson for Christmas and cant wait to give it its first suck 

All this coming up soon 

20 minutes ago, ant1882 said:

I think it has just been added, had a look at BackyardBullion's videos on YT and that sentence is missing.

That is very shady if correct - people screencapped the release on the day earlier in the thread, so that can be checked.

I didn't buy myself, but I think it's been a good release (apart from the RM shenanigans) :)

Basically some issues have effectively been 'unlimited' (in that they outstripped demand) but it means everyone who wanted something got it.

Some of these will be one-off souvenir collectors, so we can remove them from the 'collector' pool (as they won't look to buy others from recent years). But some will become collectors, and the mintage on certain releases means that demand will only go up for those coins.

Meanwhile the actual 'collector pool' won't be affected much imvho - the other buyers' coins will go into the drawer or safe, largely forgotten about, and be kept for life - they won't come onto the secondary market.

And the flippers have been 'taken out'. Not good short-term (hype etc), no problem medium to long term for me.

I see it as win-win for us all (whether we bought these or not!) :)

Edited by kimchi

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

Will be more interesting to revisit this thread in 5 years time and 10 years time, and reflect 

Mate read the one about the 2022 QEII piedfort and £5 BU loads of people slating them.......and when the QEII sadly passed away the same people slating the coins could not buy them fast enough.   

3 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

I will be very surprised if they don’t all sell out by the end of December. It is a great design and the first King Charles III sovereign. I have no regrets about my purchases. These will be a great investment for the future.

I reckon as soon as people start getting them in their hands and some better photos / youtube videos come out, the demand will pick up.

Buy high. Sell low.

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Mate read the one about the 2022 QEII piedfort and £5 BU loads of people slating them.......and when the QEII sadly passed away the same people slating the coins could not buy them fast enough.   

I'm guilty of powering the Hoover up some bits to after she passed. Glad I went for the £5 gold Matt. It's unique and lovely 

7 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Clearly Charles is not going to pass away. Unless you know something we don't 🤫

9 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

Clearly Charles is not going to pass away. Unless you know something we don't 🤫

He's in his mid 70s, he might be feeling the  pinch with the cost of living crisis and can't afford to put the heating on this Christmas 

Should we arrange a  gofundme page to help him get a log burner ???

@GoldDiggerDave can gift him some plundered free wood