• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

17 minutes ago, JohnV66 said:

That's not the total price. I'm watching the live auction too. Add 29.34% commission. It went for £970 plus auction house postage (that could add another £20 - 30). So you're looking at about a grand.

More like 23.4% commision. Not sure why anyone pay extra to bid through Salesroom, but if you are the seller you got £750. The attraction of an auction house and the excitement of bidding all need paying for.

Edited by Taikonaut

34 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

More like 23.4% commision. Not sure why anyone pay extra to bid through Salesroom, but if you are the seller you got £750. The attraction of an auction house and the excitement of bidding all need paying for.

Good point. So that makes it £926 + P&P, say around £950 total with easylive. Seller got a lousy deal if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Taikonaut said:

Just sold at Lockdales auction 2022 Platinum Jubilee sovereign proof case and certificate £750. 

Raw 2022 Four-coin set GBP2200+BP = GBP2715 

RRP GBP2055

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

Yeah, such extreme mintages. Has there ever been a time when the 5 set had such a huge increase? From only 700 sets for the 2022 Jubilee 5 coin set, to 1200 for this sovereign. 

A 71% increase in mintage, not sure why people are expecting the £5 sovereign to do well?

It will most definitely look well on the £5 sovereign, don’t get me wrong I would have liked the mintages to be lower however it’s the first KCIII sovereign so it’s likely to do well over time. 

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

It will most definitely look well on the £5 sovereign, don’t get me wrong I would have liked the mintages to be lower however it’s the first KCIII sovereign so it’s likely to do well over time. 

Agree, this is the first time I have bought the five coin set. Can’t wait to see it in all its glory!

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

10 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

So the seller made £145. The auction house made £515.

Hope so. Many auction houses also charge a 10-15% Seller's fee. 🤷‍♂️

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Just now, Taikonaut said:

Petrol money and or postal costand insurance plus inflation over the past 6 months🥺 

It’s 6.5% but it’s still okay for a side profit. Isn’t it?  If you are buying coins and making a profit per transaction faster the better then what’s not to like.  

6 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

It’s 6.5% but it’s still okay for a side profit. Isn’t it?  If you are buying coins and making a profit per transaction faster the better then what’s not to like.  

Don't know if you want to invest in the time for it. It should be for the interest of ownership only to be worth it. If its purely for investment I would go the bullion route not proofs.

Edited by Taikonaut

6 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

Don't know if you want to invest in the time for it. It should be for the interest of ownership only to be worth it. If its purely for investment I would go the bullion route not proofs.

What silver bullion as an investment are you sure about that? 🤣I’ve been waiting for that to go to the moon for the last 15 years…..I’m only having a laugh.  

Im more than comfortable with the proof/grading market. 

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

What silver bullion as an investment are you sure about that? 🤣I’ve been waiting for that to go to the moon for the last 15 years…..I’m only having a laugh.  

Im more than comfortable with the proof/grading market. 

Avoid silver. Platinum is a dark horse. 

On 17/11/2022 at 11:38, kiskelo said:

I had the same issue when I brought the SOTD, credit card charge for cash purchase. It’s not RM, it’s down to the credit card company, they have changed their terms and conditions. I managed to get my charge cancelled but won’t be buying gold on CC again. 

give your CC company a ring and kick up a stink. 

finally managed to get through to tesco bank and got the charge reversed.  had a chat with the agent and they confirmed that at least for the bullion side, it is classed as currency so the same as buying foreign currency, shares, but and this is the weird bit, she confirmed Bleyers are classed as a philately business!!  So even though you can buy exactly the same product from both, one business you will get stung on extra fees and the other not when using their credit card.

Wonder if thats why Chards dont take credit cards?  Cant be arsed dealing with folk stung with fees phoning them up?

20 hours ago, Taikonaut said:

Ahh, RM realise they made too many and realise its becomming a potential flop and resort to plan B.

possibly, or, and this is my theory.  They should have put that on from the beginning so it matches the "regular" memorial range which ends on 31 Dec.

So more **** up than admittance of slow sales.

2 hours ago, bluffer said:

possibly, or, and this is my theory.  They should have put that on from the beginning so it matches the "regular" memorial range which ends on 31 Dec.

This is most likely the case. An oversight from the Royal mint but seems like suspicious activity by us lol. There's  no way these will be a "flop". 

Edited by Mtaybar

3 hours ago, bluffer said:

If that is so then it should be an open edition like the other memorial coins until sale end in 31st December. The fact the edition size has been announced and then a few days later changes made to the website because of slow sales says it all really.

7 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

If that is so then it should be an open edition like the other memorial coins until sale end in 31st December. The fact the edition size has been announced and then a few days later changes made to the website because of slow sales says it all really.

Yes indeed. Mintage limits plus time limits make almost no sense. 🫤

1 hour ago, Mtaybar said:

This is most likely the case. An oversight from the Royal mint but seems like suspicious activity by us lol. There's  no way these will be a "flop". 

Pretty much every other coin - i.e. the entire hobby - has to flop before a British sovereign release for a new monarch flops ;)