• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

5 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

These are 1943 dated Canadian 10 Cents and 25 Cents, both made from .800 silver, the Canadians used higher grade silver in their coins long after the UK had gone to 50% and were still using silver when the UK had stopped using silver altogether.
The 10 Cents coin featured a famous sailing boat called the Blue Nose, this ship was built as a duel fishing and racing vessel and won many races, it was built in Canada in the 1920's and was wrecked in 1946.
The 25 Cents (or quarter dollar) coin featured a Caribou on the reverse, more commonly known as a Reindeer, Canada's coins feature lots of their national wildlife and still do.
Production of the two coins for their specific years are as follows.

10 Cents 1943 dated,    21,143,229 minted

25 Cents 1943 dated,   13,559,575 minted

The 10 Cents is roughly the same size as a UK 5p and tiny.

DSCN2895.thumb.JPG.e133b015931ef7d9d5ffdf1eca33a041.JPG

DSCN2896.thumb.JPG.aa3750eac4b2361bb3c9058649ebbadd.JPG

I found this little beautiful Canadian 10c Coin in a lot of mixed silver! It’s currently winging its way back to Canada after selling for 3 figures, more than the whole lot of silver cost.

E0F6CCD6-3C0A-4DB5-A4D1-43D3CFF9CB5B.jpeg

865FC5BD-5F89-446E-BFFA-77B18C2E38AF.jpeg

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

5 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Two 5 oz Silver Art Bar “E Pluribus Unum Eagle” by MK BarZ  which are .999 Fine and w/ COA. Each bar is hand pressed and stamped, and no two are alike.

C24B24C1-7707-4A76-9040-8505A30EAF29.thumb.jpeg.33d6089b0a2d07e054b8894828d237ab.jpeg

Superb pieces @CadmiumGreen , worth every penny 👍

Edited by daca

On 30/05/2020 at 16:00, C60 said:

Half my garden is bamboo - current price for a pot of bamboo is £45 if you’re interested 😉👍

A gardener near us charges £45 per square metre to get rid of it, about the same for Japanese knotweed.

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We just did another "unboxing" photo session, which does not qualify for "Today I Received...", but it actually looks more impressive despite the fact it contains only 25,000 ounces of silver, compared with 35,000 ounces for the monstr box shot.

Silver Coin and Bars Unboxing

We had to use a wide angle fisheye lens to get the whole lot in one photo.

Wow

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

We just did another "unboxing" photo session, which does not qualify for "Today I Received...", but it actually looks more impressive despite the fact it contains only 25,000 ounces of silver, compared with 35,000 ounces for the monster box shot.

We had to use a wide angle fisheye lens to get the whole lot in one photo.

This is a live cam feed from inside Chards right now:

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I recognise that as Scrooge McDuck  in the computer game "Duck Tales"!

I reckoned our kids played it about 30 years ago, and indeed note it was release in 1990.

Yes! Of course I am NOT saying you are Scrooge McDuck, merely that your shop probably could be turned into his swimming pool...

8 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Yes! Of course I am NOT saying you are Scrooge McDuck, merely that your shop probably could be turned into his swimming pool...

Don't worry, I didn't think you were. It made me laugh.

Perhaps it's a good idea for  a future video, although I have already appeared on TSF in my Speedos.

Chards

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

A gardener near us charges £45 per square metre to get rid of it, about the same for Japanese knotweed.

Hmmm... guess I’ll have to reduce my pricing then... how does £30 sound? 😂