• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

12 hours ago, TheGoldSovereign said:

1939 Proof Victoria Shield - PR62 (en medaille) - It is believed that the coins stuck in medal alignment match the Una and lion and therefore are from the coronation set.

This coin is undergraded in my opinion, I've got another PR62 that is nowhere near as nice as this, and seen other that are verging on "manky" and still got a PR62. It was obviously graded some time ago due to the old label

20200224_143022.thumb.jpg.d0e5fb570650670b17178aba8d94e324.jpg

20200224_143036.thumb.jpg.2baee1c7f3bf2f05660fe2ecd68b4fd4.jpg

Thanks for sharing, that is really special!

16 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

When spot was much lower I used to mine eBay for at spot or below scrap gold 9ct stuff. I hold it to trade usually as one dealer I work with lets me straight swap gold for gold which works out well when he has nice coins in. 

Would these Sovereigns have gone to melt? 

18 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

are those marks on the obverse field? they don't like marks on the fields, seemingly regarding this aspect far more important than any scuffing/wear on the design.

You want to see marks? 🤣

This coin is also PR62, they cannot be the same grade regardless.

These proofs pretty much don't have any wear, if the grading isn't done on the level of marks on the fields then there is nothing to separate PR62 to PR66. From the fair few I've seen the grade is based on how clean the fields are, not clear cut that there is a mark its X grade and cannot be any higher.

Just have a look around PCGS population and their images, at least we know there is no consistency which makes any debate between collectors pointless

54984918_max.jpg

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

17 hours ago, JohnA said:

Will you try for better grade? Send it to NGC?

Not really fussed, I've still not sent a coin to grade ever! I wouldn't take it out of PCGS slab and put into NGC that's for sure though.

I know the coin is nice and that's why I bought it, that's all I need to know 😍

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

56 minutes ago, TheGoldSovereign said:

Not really fussed, I've still not sent a coin to grade ever! I wouldn't take it out of PCGS slab and put into NGC that's for sure though.

I know the coin is nice and that's why I bought it, that's all I need to know 😍

As you said, our debate is irrelevant. It's a fabulous coin and deserves a better holder, if only to achieve a deserved value when you eventually sell. I think I'd consider breaking it out and re-submitting to pcgs.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, fireblade4life said:

Finally managed to get my hands on a 1KG coin! Anyone know if there are other sizes for this coin in 2015? (I can only find the 1KG 10oz and 1oz)

Also can someone recommend in a presentation box for these?

image.thumb.png.bc22e4471746c8e1e92202005d8c995b.png

I believe there is a 1/2oz and a coin bar. 1/2 oz is in different finishes. Also think there are several different privy version of 1oz. 
not seen a 2oz for the year which is odd. 

920D2CD8-D31C-4B40-BAB1-8EFB4A24EC74.jpeg

C8B0821D-FAB7-454E-BC73-7FF9207F574C.jpeg

88DD54D6-1581-42AE-8AD2-22E4FE247252.jpeg

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 hour ago, fireblade4life said:

Finally managed to get my hands on a 1KG coin! Anyone know if there are other sizes for this coin in 2015? (I can only find the 1KG 10oz and 1oz)

Also can someone recommend in a presentation box for these?

There's also a 1kg proof coin. 👍 
Maybe you'll can find a presentation box @ https://www.meinemuenzbox.de/