• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 minute ago, CoinStruck said:

Thought I would add this recent purchase. It’s the 2oz 2020 Kruger proof. Apparently the first year of the 2oz coin. 

I love the 2oz SP Krug. It was not what I was expecting when I received mine. I thought it would be double thickness. It's like a dinner plate this one! I love it. 

11 hours ago, Gildeon said:

I think the G. Britain coin is only for 1955 and later.

Great coin btw! 🧐

Oh, that's sad. Some older coins would look good in special holders.

Edited by JohnA

5 hours ago, Gildeon said:

I think the G. Britain coin is only for 1955 and later.

Great coin btw! 🧐

I just went to my local dealer. He was able to get the GB holder ordered. I suppose @Numistacker could also get it done.

I will post a new photo in a few weeks when I get it back.

7 hours ago, MikeW said:

I have repatriated this 15th century treasure back to the UK from a superb US seller. The photos don’t do it any justice, its absolutely stunning and I’m very pleased!

For those interested, it is an Edward IV Gold Ryal or also called Rose Noble only minted between 1464 and 1470 and the year in that period identifiable by the mint mark in the legend, which on mine is a little difficult to ID but its a Long Cross Fitchée, if in any doubt (see the close up) there were no other crosses used in the period they were minted. This mark puts it as minted between 1469-1470, making it even rarer, only just before Henry VI was restored to the throne. On edwards second reign the mint started producing Angles which are entirely different design. The coin was minted in London, identifiable as no letter in the waves beneath the rose / kings vessel.

B81D5AD5-6653-47F5-937E-C82DFCB9AD01.jpeg

Congrats on the pickup! Looks to be an excellent addition to your collection!😃

5 hours ago, TheGoldSovereign said:

This coin is undergraded in my opinion, I've got another PR62 that is nowhere near as nice as this, and seen other that are verging on "manky" and still got a PR62. It was obviously graded some time ago due to the old label

are those marks on the obverse field? they don't like marks on the fields, seemingly regarding this aspect far more important than any scuffing/wear on the design.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 hours ago, TheGoldSovereign said:

1939 Proof Victoria Shield - PR62 (en medaille) - It is believed that the coins stuck in medal alignment match the Una and lion and therefore are from the coronation set.

This coin is undergraded in my opinion, I've got another PR62 that is nowhere near as nice as this, and seen other that are verging on "manky" and still got a PR62. It was obviously graded some time ago due to the old label

20200224_143022.thumb.jpg.d0e5fb570650670b17178aba8d94e324.jpg

Will you try for better grade? Send it to NGC?