• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

3 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I think he means how many of the slots do you have coins for so far.

Ahhh i see, only 7 so far, there is no rush for me to fill it, its more of a side quest, I know there is a few I will never get,

need to get one for my Peace dollars too

Edited by Peacemaker

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

2 hours ago, JohnA said:

I am back collecting.

I am building my 1887 collection again. And I bought a bunch of Britania's [not shown] and a few US coins.    

The Florin I will get graded. The Double Florin is cleaned. But I am looking for a Gothic Florin graded, if anyone has one.

IMG_20191007_1407264_rewind.jpg

IMG_20191007_1407432_rewind.jpg

IMG_20191007_1409314_rewind.jpg

I have a lovely Half Crown if you dont already have one

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

9 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Today I received a very special 1898 Sovereign. It’s special because at the start of the last century my Grandad and his school mates in Mid Wales were all gifted a Sovereign each by David Davies of Llandinam(still waiting for confirmation of which one as there were several in the same family).  

My rough maths work it out to be a weeks wage at the time! Can you imagine the local lord, lady or modern equivalent going on to the local primary and doing that now!? 

More updates to follow when I get more info. 

99342A59-FCD6-48D5-918A-39CCE8F333E9.thumb.png.8e203d1e632f59a3d794e21a7d2baf2c.png

Thanks for sharing 🏅

16 minutes ago, Nortypeter said:

I don't normaly go for this kind of medalion,but it had this kind of art nouveau look to the young queens side of coin,and I like this one.condition it very good compared to most that I have seen and for £12.50 I paid for it.im not likely to make any money,but it was bought as a keeper.

metal : sterling silver .925

weight : 9.73gms

diameter : 26mm

I would like to know if anyone can add the year it was produced.??

queen vic 1837 4.jpg

queen vic 1837 5.jpg

Think it was 1897,I've got 6 of them,that I bought on here a wee while ago.

42 minutes ago, Nortypeter said:

I don't normaly go for this kind of medalion,but it had this kind of art nouveau look to the young queens side of coin,and I like this one.condition it very good compared to most that I have seen and for £12.50 I paid for it.im not likely to make any money,but it was bought as a keeper.

metal : sterling silver .925

weight : 9.73gms

diameter : 26mm

I would like to know if anyone can add the year it was produced.??

queen vic 1837 4.jpg

queen vic 1837 5.jpg

1897 Queen Victoria Official Diamond Jubilee Large Silver Medal

The Official Medal Issued to Commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria – 1837 to 1897

Designed by George William De Saulles

.925 Silver

Eimer 1817

Weight 84.52g

Diameter 56mm