• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

@1817Karl  that is more or less the same as the Krug I had with the same hole in the middle minus the stand, the outer gold coin surface was hard plastic & the inner below the felt was weighted. Royal mint display must be more up market if outer is coloured metal lol.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

3 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

@1817Karl  that is more or less the same as the Krug I had with the same hole in the middle minus the stand, the outer gold coin surface was hard plastic & the inner below the felt was weighted. Royal mint display must be more up market if outer is coloured metal lol.

Of course, it's British...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

26 minutes ago, 1817Karl said:

Ok, the big reveal... and if anyone has ideas of liberating it, the dogs got it covered... @Sovereign as you were the closet, address please for a small gift (including the owed chocolate).

fullsizeoutput_176f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1770.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1773.jpeg

Good gracious, man! 😁Do you own anything that is real?!? Fake giant Gold Sov, fake giant dog [sculpture]! 😂 But really, they are pretty awesome!!

Edited by CadmiumGreen

6 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Good gracious, man! 😁Do you own anything that is real?!? Fake giant Gold Sov, fake giant dog [sculpture]! 😂 But really, they are pretty awesome!!

Yes, you might not want to buy any Sovereigns from me...

Today I received... Loads of Silver Commemorative medals for those silver collectors! Not my bag, so all on FleaBay for anyone interested...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/1817modernsovereigncollector

1 minute ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Just saved you on there, do you have any pre 1945 Kennedy dollars :lol:

No, sorry, but loads of uncirculated Kennedy 64 half dollars... (can you even get pre 1945 Kennedy dollars - I know nothing about silver!)

Just now, SILVERFINGER said:

lol he wasn't even president then, I was winding you up :P

Thought so, just edging my bets... at 28 he would have been doing well.

2 hours ago, 1817Karl said:

Ok, the big reveal... and if anyone has ideas of liberating it, the dogs got it covered... @Sovereign as you were the closet, address please for a small gift (including the owed chocolate).

fullsizeoutput_176f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1770.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1773.jpeg

I've seen one of those things before but I can't remember where. In fact it may have been someone on the forum who had bought it etc

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Considering the company it keeps, I assume the 1959 MS64 is a good grade for the year, right? I'm looking at the NGC population, there are only 30 coins graded higher (1xMS67, 7xMS66, 22xMS65) and there are in total 19x MS64. They're probably not easy to get hold of.

It's a good grade but not exceptional as you point out. I just have a liking for 1959 sovs and sent 2 of them for grading as they went along with the moderns. They both got MS64 and I pulled one out to show you.

11 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I've seen one of those things before but I can't remember where. In fact it may have been someone on the forum who had bought it etc

It’s the first I’ve seen and a family friend gave it to me today. I love it a real novelty piece. 

24 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I recall seeing the same Royal Mint Coin Club logo and backing on a similar item presented to us as well from a TSF member. I thought it was smaller in size and a paperweight.

2 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

I recall seeing the same Royal Mint Coin Club logo and backing on a similar item presented to us as well from a TSF member. I thought it was smaller in size and a paperweight.

I've been getting a vague recollection of seeing one just like this for sale at an auctioneers.

13 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

It's a good grade but not exceptional as you point out. I just have a liking for 1959 sovs and sent 2 of them for grading as they went along with the moderns. They both got MS64 and I pulled one out to show you.

I have sent a few similar dates for grading recently, 57,58 & 59 (chose the better coins!) and the graded similar 64, 65 & 64. Generally the better examples grade at this level and it is a challenge to get them to grade higher, I have seen a few 66's. 

13 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I've been getting a vague recollection of seeing one just like this for sale at an auctioneers.

@goldmember44 mentioned it could be worth around £22,000 should I sell?