• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

24 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Shame the Una and the lion bars didn't have the same. I prefer the Una bars but I still like the look of these. 

Totally agree, same as the James Bond bars. Shows how little RM care about what they churn out. Pretty basic stuff to present bars in the same series in the same way. It's a shame because these blister packs a nice.

I'll still buy one though, but will wait for Silvertrader, they will be a few quid cheaper there.

8 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

I added five to the cart then saw the price with vat and thought no thanks. Back to gold

Have to be patient and wait for guys like myself to get them in. They'll be cheaper. RM sells first to retailers and then to wholesalers. 

🚩 Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/StackingUK . More content coming. Please Like & Subscribe.
Please be sure to FOLLOW me on The Silver Forum to not miss great deals or to just find that coin that got away. 

8 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

Finally received my set back from NGC. The 2016 James Butler Effigy Five Coin Sovereign Set grade P(er)F(ect)70 with the portrait facing the front. The aesthetics of the portrait divides opinion but with only 525 sets ever made of an effigy that is only used in 2016 on a sovereign of the longest reigning UK monarch, as time goes on it’ll be a sought after set. Definitely a keeper for me

F7B918A1-2B9D-4D36-B69A-14117E22D451.jpeg

E07799E0-8742-4318-AB17-FEEC76A05ED1.jpeg

5716A8A2-A2BB-428B-8A04-685708F877DB.jpeg

C0C3BB0F-2879-4303-B617-C0D1315CED72.jpeg

95DF3656-177F-48BB-B7CC-FE0BEE0D891D.jpeg

Stunning. If I could own only one proof sovereign set (which I can't, way out of my league) then it would be this one. I think in decades to come this will be THE set to own. Congrats on a great result on this special set.😀

On 30/05/2022 at 21:57, Lr103 said:

My first double sovereign! I got it because of this year’s design, and I really like the size. Easier to see the design than a sovereign, and not as expensive as the 5 sovereign.

image.thumb.jpeg.e44999fba5475320af413eab4da2e2a6.jpeg

I hope you got it from a good source!

Who is good in the USA?

🙂

Chards

1 hour ago, YorkshireStacker said:

Postie delivered these beauties yesterday, acquired from a certain Blackpool based dealer.

The double sov is an absolute beast, I didn't realise how much bigger than the normal sovereign it was until seeing it in person.

IMG_0796.png

Wouldn’t mind one of these. Is there a 5 x sovereign as well ?

15 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

Wouldn’t mind one of these. Is there a 5 x sovereign as well ?

As @paulmerton says only proofs so far, at least that's the only version I've seen. If a bullion version 5x gets released at some point I think I may be very tempted by that. Hell, I'm already tempted to pick up another double once I've saved up enough pennies again ;) 

6 minutes ago, GreatCoins4U said:

I received this the other day, it's a 2014 Brilliant Uncirculated Double Sovereign. I think that it is an interesting coin because one side looks like a proof version and the other side does not. It isn't an exciting design or anything, but I think that it is quite interesting. I have tried to get a good picture of both sides, the Queens head looks just like a regular version in my opinion, but the other side looks like a proof version.

IMAG2354.jpg

IMAG2356.jpg

IMAG2363.jpg

IMAG2366.jpg

IMAG2369.jpg

Hard year to get the double for, nice coin

8 minutes ago, GreatCoins4U said:

I received this the other day, it's a 2014 Brilliant Uncirculated Double Sovereign. I think that it is an interesting coin because one side looks like a proof version and the other side does not, t's not an exciting design or anything, but it is a little bit different. I have tried to get a good picture of both sides, the Queens head looks just like a regular bullion version in my opinion, but I think that the other side looks like a proof version.

IMAG2354.jpg

IMAG2356.jpg

IMAG2363.jpg

IMAG2366.jpg

In

Very nice, good job!🤗

It is a type of coin described very nice by @LawrenceChard in a topic about interesting sovereigns.

3 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Yes I looked it up online and some people have a 2014 BU sovereign advertised as a mule version, with one side normal bullion and one side proof, so I wondered if that was what this was, even though it is a double sovereign, not a single sovereign. Anyway I have not had one before I think, so it is interesting and new for me.

2 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Very nice, good job!🤗

It is a type of coin described very nice by @LawrenceChard in a topic about interesting sovereigns.

Is it, well I will have to try and find and have a look at that topic 🙂

14 minutes ago, GreatCoins4U said:

Yes I looked it up online and some people have a 2014 BU sovereign advertised as a mule version, with one side normal bullion and one side proof, so I wondered if that was what this was, even though it is a double sovereign, not a single sovereign. Anyway I have not had one before I think, so it is interesting and new for me.

Is it, well I will have to try and find and have a look at that topic 🙂

The topic about similar coin type is this one:

Also, o forum, on gold section, if you will ask about your coin, you will have only very pertinent answers from sovereign experts, who pushed their hobby to the highest level.🤗

21 minutes ago, Orpster said:

18 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Very nice, good job!🤗

Yes, that's interesting, although the reverse is not frosted on the relief, so it is possibly a B.U. or bullion made using a polished blank.

The obverse does look normal for B.U. or bullion.

😎

Chards