• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

On 19/01/2022 at 10:32, MergingCultures said:

New member here!

Really looking forward to this collection.

I've just got into stacking (and collecting I suppose!) due to the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, and basically because I don't think she has much longer left sadly, and I think coins minted now will potentially have some premium in the future. And so a collection of Monarchs would be quite nice.

Welcome. I have only been here a few months and love it. I have bought quite a bit of silver and gold at great prices. I wish I'd found the silver forum sooner! Luckily most of my original silver was bought pre brexit so I did not pay VAT.

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Good grief!!! That’s just horrible. I remember banging my thumb with a hammer many years back while helping my dad at home. I spent the rest of the day hating everyone and everything.

It is horrible indeed. Catching the entirety of your thumb, like you might do with a hammer and nail, might actually be better than a hammered coin, which would likely only catch at tip. If it's just flesh, you're lucky. If it catches some bone, well, there's no a&e in those days just early retirement. - I am not an expert on hammered coins, the guy that had this conversation with me is pretty knowledgeable and I do trust he was accurate... 

I just assumed they would use the sovereign image and didn't really think about the groat portrait.

I'm not 100% sure about the faux rim damage, is that going to be different for each coin? Probably not, I suspect it would cost too much to manufacture them that way.

Pretty sure there wont be a massive queue on release day for this one!

4 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I don’t think I’ll touch this release in all seriousness.

I’m quite undecided. I like it but at the same time I don’t. It’s the rim damage that’s putting me off, I know it’s supposed to look like a hammered coin but the imitated rim damage looks a bit too ‘fake’.

Who am I kiddding, I’ll see you all in the queue!! 🙄

6 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I don’t think I’ll touch this release in all seriousness.

Not gonna lie.

The only reason I would consider buying any of these is to make a YouTube video on them. I'm almost praying for a defect so I would have an excuse to return it for a full refund 😜

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I'm on the fence with one at present,

COULD be awesome or could be a a flop. 

Not every release can be a runaway success, money maker and lets be honest 'most' new proof releases from RM will lose you money in most cases 

You've got the have some Mr Men, Diversity, The Who releases to mix it up a bit and keep the flippers in check ! lol 

25 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm on the fence with one at present,

COULD be awesome or could be a a flop. 

Not every release can be a runaway success, money maker and lets be honest 'most' new proof releases from RM will lose you money in most cases 

You've got the have some Mr Men, Diversity, The Who releases to mix it up a bit and keep the flippers in check ! lol 

Saying this we can all place an order, have a look at it in hand and return it within 14 days, so yeah see you all in the queue online and at the Post Office 😉 

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

13 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I just hope they don’t do anything like they did with the Alfred the Great coins when they gave him lobster claws as hands. 😂

01071A88-57B4-409F-A0CB-CEB1B3C23DD8.jpeg

OMG, ain’t seen this one before. And snake eyes and a snakes tongue for a nose. What an awful coin. I’m assuming it did well as I hate it?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 hour ago, Stu said:

OMG, ain’t seen this one before. And snake eyes and a snakes tongue for a nose. What an awful coin. I’m assuming it did well as I hate it?

Actually a coloured coin might have been more faithful to the original object they were trying to mimic - the Alfred the Great jewel.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Jewel

image.thumb.jpeg.61dab6b26405cfe23e69154c05bcfe52.jpeg

13 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

What would you say are reasonable mintages? 

I hope the 2 OZ silver will be less than 2000, like the Seymour Panther. But as it is the first release propably same if not even more. 900, like Alfred, would be great. Maybe 300 of the 5 OZ and 150 the 10 OZ silver?