• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I don't think they used product codes in 1485!

😎

Quite right. It wasn’t until 1523 when the queue-it system was introduced that they first started to need produce codes. The Royal Mint will proudly tell you that the very same system exists today. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, they say. 

On 21/01/2022 at 13:14, westminstrel said:

Hahaha wouldn’t that be the perfect way to wash hands off imperfections though?

Market imperfections as “every coin is unique” and “your coin is bespoke”. 😎

I was thinking along similar llines!

😎

Chards

15 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

Interesting... How does NGC know that it is the FIRST coin struck as in the label...

They don’t, if not the first struck they’re certainly the first graded and to quote a term from Medeival times, they’ve graded them before us ‘peasants’ get our hands on them. 😆

16 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

Look at the planned busy releases... 😲

image.thumb.png.6ec8d2d40acc488f51c4c37c7fa7b88a.png

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/british-monarchs/

Thank you for sharing this.

I wonder why they haven’t chosen to go in order, Tudors, Stuart’s etc....

I see they’ve aptly chosen to end with Elizabeth II in 2026 on her 100th birthday year. I’m certain they’ll use the Gillick portrait.

I’m more interested in this release than I was before, I wish they’d gone in chronological order of time but I suppose they’ve decided to mix it up. Might this series see a change of monarch.

Whatever happens this series might be quite interesting and might boost sales of the ‘original’ minted coins.

I’ve been looking at hammered coins of the Stuart’s only today, most likely this new release has rekindled my interest.

This release schedule is insane.  I was interested and excited about this series, but I am so out right now.  I will be cheap and get the 1 Oz silver just for kicks.  I don’t care about the rest of the denominations - imo there’s too many denominations, too many coins minted across all denominations, too many coins in this series.  It feels a bit brutal to be honest.

25 minutes ago, Stu said:

21 releases in the series, 2oz gold at around £4500 per coin equates to almost £100k in its entirety. A massive commitment, especially over 5 years.. I note there are 2 releases in the same month at one point! I think I am out. 

It’s supremely insane.

For me it’s now more like approx. £100 x 21 for the 1 Oz silver = £2,100 over 5 years.

Easy peasy.  No stress.  Just the simple joy of having a coin for its design.  Easy to buy; easy to sell. 🙂

I think if you go for this you have to be prepared to take a sizeable loss in case it flops. Might be worth getting early releases in the hype if looking to flip. Good luck to folks whatever they decide to do. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

That’s very true.  This series could be one of those sleeping giants that snowballs over the years.

Sadly for me I don’t have disposable income in these amounts, and am at a stage in life where I can’t take risks, so I’ll just have to bite my lip and settle for the poor man’s 1 Oz silver coin (or push for the 2 Oz if I can).

I don’t think there is significant difference in diameter between the 1 Oz and 2 Oz coins right?

Feeling completely at ease watching this one from the side lines

which is comforting 😂 

more then enough excitement for me in the last few months and am just looking forward to getting back to my stacking for a while now 

good luck everyone this morning though  there is some coins expected in this series 

7 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Feeling completely at ease watching this one from the side lines

which is comforting 😂 

more then enough excitement for me in the last few months and am just looking forward to getting back to my stacking for a while now 

good luck everyone this morning though  there is some coins expected in this series 

Fair comments, I'm in the same boat.

This cow personally, ain't ripe for milking again ......just yet.

Moo ! :)

2 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

Possibly poor man's silver for me too. If the mintage on those are high I'll probably not bother at all.

I am really interested to see the mintages on these. 

I wonder if there is any logic going on at the RM. Have a high mintage, they don't sell. Still available for months, especially maybe for the next British Monarchs release. For me that wouldn't be a wise move.

Or, have a snappy low mintage, get them sold out quickly. This would create a bit of momentum and allow them to increase the mintages a bit going forward.

1 minute ago, SilverMike said:

Well, thats the “limited edition presentation” apparently. Could me higher for other sets

You think a tripple mintage like the 2 OZ Britannia? Or five times higher, like the 2 coin Seymour set? 

Now the fear comes into my FOMO😨😳

😅