• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

30 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The Gazette entries only ever have proclamations about Proof coins.  In the approx. 5 years I’ve logged on there, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Bullion proclamation. 

Here's hoping for bullion releases then, as that seems plausible (2oz silver like the QB's) and more importantly, affordable and not ruined by a spasmodic queuing system!

I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating your close observation of The Gazette for coin news. I'm sure I've said it before, but thanks again! :D 

28 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The Gazette entries only ever have proclamations about Proof coins.  In the approx. 5 years I’ve logged on there, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Bullion proclamation. 

I remember bullion proclamation for the Completer coin and the Seymour Panther. I was jumping around like a little kid, as i read about the 1 kilo bullion Completer.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3729962

If there would be bullion in planning for now, i would guess they would announce it too. 

The proclamations seem a bit inconsistent in the way they are worded. For the Robin Hood series of gold/silver coins for example, there is no mention of "bullion", but it does imply they're bullion by having the purity written on the coins. Still seems to point at the Monarchs ones being expensively large proofs only. But hey, what else would a king expect?!

10 hours ago, paulmerton said:

To me that sounds like they just 3D scanned it and "printed" out a new die with a CNC machine :D 

Maybe this sort of technology explains why there are so many new coins now.

The Royal Mint engraver with the tiny little hammer and chisel retired 20 years ago . He pops in now again for photo shoots and to pick up a few scrap pieces of metal for home jobs 👍

They are certainly churning out designs at a fast rate with the laser cut dies 🙈

7 hours ago, caf84 said:

Based on percentage increase, my BUNC Black Bull and Red Dragon QBs are by far my best buys for appreciation!

I doubt they will do BUNC option for this

Got the whole 1/4oz Queen’s Beast series in MS70 all bought raw, bar one. These have appreciated very well indeed for a bullion coin. As a complete set of MS70s, they should do even better, I hope.

Edited by Oldun

22 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Got the whole 1/4oz Queen’s Beast series in MS70 all bought raw, bar one. These have appreciated very well indeed for a bullion coin. As a complete set of MS70s, they should do even better, I hope.

Nice! I also did the 1/4oz gold QB series. Not had any graded though. 

You definitely have something special there.

Did the Completer bug you at the end?

9 minutes ago, caf84 said:

Nice! I also did the 1/4oz gold QB series. Not had any graded though. 

You definitely have something special there.

Did the Completer bug you at the end?

Nope. Didn’t get it as it is not a 1/4oz. The 1/4oz bullion series was a very nice, affordable way to collect the series. No need to get involved with the 1ozers. If they had done. 1/4 oz bullion completer coin, that would have been different…..please tell me they haven’t done one !!!!! 🙃

Edited by Oldun

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I think they have changed the image that was linked in the email. I am certain it didn't link to that.

I am a but disappointed with the choice, I would have preferred the other coin earlier in this thread.

I do like the authentic look, waiting to see better pictures

Agreed about the authentic look.

I am glad to see they are using the original font.

It also seems they are mimicking the “hammered” look.

Also, I am not sure if it is the lighting, but the coins don’t seem to have a typical reflective finish in the fields typical of proofs. They seem somehow to be matte / antiquated.

I’m definitely interested in seeing more pics.

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Also, I am not sure if it is the lighting, but the coins don’t seem to have a typical reflective finish in the fields typical of proofs. They seem somehow to be matte / antiquated.

Might just be the medieval lighting they are using for maximum authenticity!