• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington & Byrne 2022 bullion sovereign offer

MickB

Just now, SilverDrum said:

Got my first marketing phone call this morning! "Would i like the proof version of the 2022 sov...nah pal, send me scratched bullion and good deals please!

Did you deliberately opt into receiving those calls or did they trick you!

Out of curiosity I have just tried to buy one and got baulked at the payment stage. They will not apparently allow you to pay by card, or perhaps any other way. I'm not overly disappointed as I really dislike these pinky sovereigns, no matter what their significance or potential gains. 

Out of curiosity I have just tried to buy one and got baulked at the payment stage. They will not apparently allow you to pay by card, or perhaps any other way. I'm not overly disappointed as I really dislike these pinky sovereigns, no matter what their significance or potential gains. 

Just now, RDHC said:

I paid by card, but the user interface is hideously broken and the input box for the card number and other fields is practically invisible!

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

Did you deliberately opt into receiving those calls or did they trick you!

Double checked and i haven't got the boxes ticked to ring me, and have the opt out of other offers box ticked! Thought they'd chance it i guess. Chap was very polite tho 🙂

78av.gif

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I paid by card, but the user interface is hideously broken and the input box for the card number and other fields is practically invisible!

This. It looks like you should click through to another page but you enter the card details in the tiny fields. I had to check the site encryption to make sure 🤣

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Thank you. With your help I have succeeded, though whether I shall be really pleased in the long run with what is eventually delivered is another matter.

Just had my first introductory letter from H&B. I have ….”access to your own dedicated Personal Account Manager” etc who will be in contact with you shortly to introduce themselves to you”.  Wow, I can’t wait!  What have I done?  Reminds me of my experience with C.P.M. (Coin Portfolio Management) - Once they have you hooked won’t leave you alone!

Was all this worth it for a cheaper sovereign? Maybe not, but bring it on anyway.

Only ever got one phone call, very polite and accepted that I was (and always will be) only interested in their cheapest bullion... keep up the good work :) 

Don't really mind the excessive mail, fancy paper makes for great kindling in my wood burner.

22 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Just had my first introductory letter from H&B. I have ….”access to your own dedicated Personal Account Manager” etc who will be in contact with you shortly to introduce themselves to you”.  Wow, I can’t wait!  What have I done?  Reminds me of my experience with C.P.M. (Coin Portfolio Management) - Once they have you hooked won’t leave you alone!

Was all this worth it for a cheaper sovereign? Maybe not, but bring it on anyway.

To be fair to CPM they didn't try to hard sell me anything and were very professional imo, not like this bunch of jokers, but hopefully they've learned to sort the TSF members from the chaff by now :) My 'account manager' outright lied to me too (though he may ofc no longer work there, they may have learned to train their staff properly, etc).

If you speak to Sasha tell him the gold bullion he scoffed at me for buying has risen ~40% in price, while the proofs he tried to sell me for thousands as 'surefire winners' are worth about 50% less, if that :) 

7 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I just got the phone call too - ostensibly to say my order had been received and would be dispatched in January, but it was clearly an attempt to try and sell me the proof versions too.

I don't like that kind of thing. I had the same with Bullion House once.

At least they're all polite!

Are they still offering the QEII 40 year proof sovereign collection for £40k or has it gone up? That was my favourite part of the conversation, I'd hate for anyone to miss out on that! I did PMSL but it was worth it, one of the funniest things I've ever heard 🤣

Just now, kimchi said:

Are they still offering the QEII 40 year proof sovereign collection for £40k or has it gone up? That was my favourite part of the conversation, I'd hate for anyone to miss out on that! I did PMSL but it was worth it, one of the funniest things I've ever heard 🤣

I got offered the 5 coin, 3 coin and single coin sets of the 2022 proofs.

I had the marketing phone call too - first offering an upsell to the proof Sov. Then offering to help me to collect Jubilee proofs from across the Commonwealth countries and put these into a bespoke box. Unfortunately not right for me, as i'm early on my journey in numismatics and world coins, but the idea of creating a Queens Jubilee collection from across the Commonwealth does seem really intriguing/interesting.

Maybe i'm taken in by the marketing, but it does feel like a fantastic and rare opportunity for collectors with means to pull together what could be a very sought after set in the years of change to come. 

Have to say I didn't mind the phone call, was nice speaking to a fellow coin enthusiast, though he did take the opportunity to rub his recent Great Engravers acquisitions in my nose. Still sour about missing out on that one 😒

Edited by harrygill111

1 minute ago, harrygill111 said:

Jubilee proofs from across the Commonwealth countries

Be careful of anything not from the Royal Mint (i.e. the official sovereign) - it's often quite difficult to sell them on, and they rarely hold any value over spot.

21 minutes ago, MANJSK said:

He also confidently told me that a 2012 bullion sov hasnt held its price and was going for £304, so I asked him wheres that then as I would like to buy a few. He didnt find it funny.

Let's all start calling them and ask if they have any more cheap bullion. Turn the tables on them. Sod marketing calls, i'm used to making low ball offers on property...got walked out of an estate agents once for trying to get the price i wanted 😂

78av.gif

13 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Let's all start calling them and ask if they have any more cheap bullion. Turn the tables on them. Sod marketing calls, i'm used to making low ball offers on property...got walked out of an estate agents once for trying to get the price i wanted 😂

If you don't hear them spitting their coffee out over the phone then your offer was too high 😂

Today i got a letter with the poxy logo on the envelope! Now my postman has acknowledged i order PMs.

So i called up H&B to ask them not to send letters with the logo on the outside. Offended the chap on the phone by calling them a "Bullion dealer"...told me they are not a bullion dealer, and they are a collectibles and rarities dealer. So i said why are you contacting me about my jubilee BULLION SOV order! 🤣 guy wasn't as pleasant as yesterdays from the mention of bullion onward. Some waffle about ticking the correct boxes to not get letters and apparently i am no longer getting marketing letters...

78av.gif