• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

First issued in 1847, William Wyon RA’s Gothic Crown is one of the most beautiful coins ever struck by The Royal Mint. Inspired in part by the Scottish artist William Dyce RA, the obverse and reverse designs are works of genius, produced by the engraver William Wyon at the very peak of his creative career. Coveted by Victorian numismatists and mostly collected straight from the Bank of England, only 8,000 silver along with a handful of gold coins were struck. Drawing on our unrivalled legacy, The Great Engravers continues with the first of two coins paying homage to the Gothic Crown. Based on the reverse of the original coin – an ornate quartered shield design that has a long tradition in British numismatics – it is a fitting tribute to one of the most talented engravers to work on British coinage.

The 'handful of gold coins' that were minted, have any of these ever came to market for auction over the years ??

or are they in the Mint archive, museums, in Royal Familys own collection

can anyone point me of any additional info/images of the original gold Gothic Crowns 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

First issued in 1847, William Wyon RA’s Gothic Crown is one of the most beautiful coins ever struck by The Royal Mint. Inspired in part by the Scottish artist William Dyce RA, the obverse and reverse designs are works of genius, produced by the engraver William Wyon at the very peak of his creative career. Coveted by Victorian numismatists and mostly collected straight from the Bank of England, only 8,000 silver along with a handful of gold coins were struck. Drawing on our unrivalled legacy, The Great Engravers continues with the first of two coins paying homage to the Gothic Crown. Based on the reverse of the original coin – an ornate quartered shield design that has a long tradition in British numismatics – it is a fitting tribute to one of the most talented engravers to work on British coinage.

The 'handful of gold coins' that were minted, have any of these ever came to market for auction over the years ??

or are they in the Mint archive, museums, in Royal Familys own collection

can anyone point me of any additional info/images of the original gold Gothic Crowns 

I would be interested too. Never seen one or any pictures of the gold. I can only guess they are worth a few quid !

How's everybody feeling after the day has passed now?

Hopefully some coins will start coming out soon, it did say early December dispatch for the 2 oz silver and 2 oz gold.

I'm super excited to see the gold, whilst I don't have one for myself a very close friend of mine got the gold so will be able to actually see it and film with it when he gets it!

I'm just hope we don't see any major capsule issues like with the sovereign. The last thing anyone wants is a duff/damaged Gothic Crown!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Hopefully some coins will start coming out soon, it did say early December dispatch for the 2 oz silver and 2 oz gold.

I'm super excited to see the gold, whilst I don't have one for myself a very close friend of mine got the gold so will be able to actually see it and film with it when he gets it!

I'm just hope we don't see any major capsule issues like with the sovereign. The last thing anyone wants is a duff/damaged Gothic Crown!

A bit flat to be honest!

Just want them in my hands ASAP. Going to be end of Jan for me apparently. But delighted I got some, so good day!

7 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I don’t really know. I was all hyped up for the 2022 Proof sovereign, which is yet to dispatch, and after today’s stress I’m seeing reports of Jan delivery dates, so it’s all a bit of an anticlimax really.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

7 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I missed everything at the RM launch, but i must say it was still a great day. I would like to have wirres about open capsules, milking, scratches, dust, etc.... But i'm good. 

28 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Honestly, I count myself lucky. Booted up the RM website at 8:59, got placed in the queue in the 500's and was able to get the 2oz Silver with the continuation for the March release also.

I'm just hoping there's no issues with quality as some people experianced with the 2022 Sovereign. I had a smooth experiance overall with that release (thankfully), had my set and full sov within 3 days.

So who knows when people will start receiving the first batches. 

Edited by Deathace

19 minutes ago, caf84 said:

I was on RM site for half8, patiently waited, did it all by the book. At 9am I was placed circa 1600 in the queue.

I wanted the 5oz silver but would have been happy with the 2oz.

By 9:30 it was obvious I wasn't going to get the 5oz, but I stayed on for the 2oz. I was still around 400 in the queue when people started to say it was a sell out.

Not my day for silver. 

I did treat myself to a 1984 sov (birth year). So all things considered, I'll go to bed happy.

Let's be honest, the fact we are all in the position to even contemplate spending these kinds of sums on coins, means we must doing something right!

Well done to the lucky ones today. I'll look forward to your photos!

I did exactly the same as you and had the same outcome.

But as you say, we’re furtunate enough to have been in a position to try.

30 minutes ago, foinikas said:

Got in early morning and had a very low number. I grabbed one of each 2oz and 5oz silver and a 2oz gold! 
i hope my order will not be cancelled.🤞

i got extremely lucky. There is no way i could ever afford the gold in secondary market so i am over the moon!  
Hopefully they will all grade well and stay forever in my collection 🥳

Ps: on the three graces i barely got a 2oz silver, so people who did not do so well, dont get discouraged.  Try again next time and you might get better luck 👍

This was my ‘next time’. 😂

12 minutes ago, Colnago said:

On from 7 30.. 2 google sessions open. 1 was 2200 in queue & other was 4500.. rang mint & on hold for 1hr, ended up with nowt 🙁 tried all links posted on here….. bugger 

Just shows how random the queue line is 

I logged on 8.30 

And was 1003 in line bagged a 2oz silver that was all that was left ! Feel very lucky after seeing this 

Edited by magpie79

I don't know if it relevant or my help. But I always use googlr chrome browser, had RM site open from around 745. It placed me over 1000+ I queue up launch at 9am

Opened an extra window in Brave browser around 845 as back up to tirial.and it threw me in at a much lower number on launch just after 9am

May just be luck of the draw but using multiple different browsers.may help. May not as well.  If it's any micro advantage it all helps 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

I don't know if it relevant or my help. But I always use googlr chrome browser, had RM site open from around 745. It placed me over 1000+ I queue up launch at 9am

Opened an extra window in Brave browser around 845 as back up to tirial.and it threw me in at a much lower number on launch just after 9am

May just be luck of the draw but using multiple different browsers.may help. May not as well.  If it's any micro advantage it all helps 

Had something similar with the graces 

placed in the queue on the desktop 

while waiting tried logging in on my phone and got straight in with no queuing 

very lucky that day also !  

Apologies in advance if that has been already commented…second time experiencing crazy RM Mondays(first time was Sov 2022)

my question is if anyone managed to buy more than one item of a single version of the Great Engravers coins (e.g. buying 2*2oz silver for example). If myself and a member of my family have independent numismatic collections and both of us want to buy a version of a particular coin, but we live in the same address, would RM allow two coins to be delivers to a single address (presumable purchase via different RM account and different names)

I would argue, yes, but didn’t try it today and was wondering if someone here has tried it before?