• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

How do these 2 oz silvers compare to the Three Graces and the Una and the Lion coins in the series price wise? I was able to acquire an extra of both of the 2 oz silvers this morning and was wondering if anyone would even consider a trade even up for one of the first two in the series. I didn’t know if that was reasonable or if they are completely two different values and I am out of the ballpark.

4 minutes ago, Oldun said:

I think the Una silvers were £180 and the 3G £240 ish if memory serves but those were RM release prices and bear no resemblance to their current price value.

I meant current prices but thanks. I was wondering if anyone would even consider a trade for one of these.

14 minutes ago, Bape85 said:

Britannia coin company less vat . 

Thought it was a good deal against paying 1000 for a 2oz 

In terms of £ per Oz that was a fantastic deal compared to the 2 Oz silver proof.

Of course I wouldn’t know what to do with a kilo of proof silver. It’d be just too much of a hassle personally, to store etc., and I wouldn’t know how to liquidate it easily if I wanted to.

Edited by westminstrel

I do like the idea of the larger coins.

It's a very detailed design, and might suit my fading eyesight better!

I have a 5oz and 2oz coming, will be interesting to compare when they eventually arrive. I also have a 10oz but I don't think that's got a bigger diameter.

That's silver by the way. Just in case anyone is thinking!

Edited by NewCoins

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

In terms of £ per Oz that was a fantastic deal compared to the 2 Oz silver proof.

Of course I wouldn’t know what to do with a kilo of proof silver. It’d be just too much of a hassle personally, to store etc., and I wouldn’t know how to liquidate it easily if I wanted to.

I am a fan of big coins . 

Love the details on it,and also lower mintages .

But like you mentioned, make or break situation in terms of liquidity lol 

To be honest I am a bit traditional and prefer the smaller coins - they are, to me, truly coins, akin to currency people carry around in their pockets. 😊

Also I find it marvellous that some of the most intricate designs have been incorporated on the tiniest of coins since centuries.

Reminds me of Boromir’s words concerning the One Ring:

It is a strange fate that the world should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing - such a little thing.

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Does fear of milk spotting and tarnish not put folk off buying these larger silver coins??  

What @Bape85 has paid for his kilo is still £2k less than what 70 silver una’s are sold for and not much more than a 69 una, so I don’t see why it should?

Also, they are sold out of them and the 2kg, so no, it doesn’t 😄

Edited by SilverMike

Just now, westminstrel said:

Then why do folk raise such a hue and cry over milkspots even on (relatively) cheap 1 Oz coins? 😀

My point was more about tarnishing but a good point.

I personally care more about milk spots when the coins first arrive or in in short term,but begrudgingly accept its probably going to happen one day.

In any event, gold is beyond most people in terms of cost, and even if cost wasn't a factor, availability certainly would be.

Everyone can't and won't have gold.

4 hours ago, dirt94 said:

How do these 2 oz silvers compare to the Three Graces and the Una and the Lion coins in the series price wise? I was able to acquire an extra of both of the 2 oz silvers this morning and was wondering if anyone would even consider a trade even up for one of the first two in the series. I didn’t know if that was reasonable or if they are completely two different values and I am out of the ballpark.

I think only having one of this two coin set will make it a tough trade against a stand alone coin like the previous two in the series. Personally even if I had extras of the 3Gs I wouldn't consider trading one against this because all that would guarantee me would be even more stress come March when I'd be trying to get the second part of this set. That is stress no one needs.

Your best bet is probably to sell what you have and use the cash towards buying what you want. It'll be some time before the value of this coin is reliably nailed down. With the 3Gs it wasn't until the market was flooded with graded examples before the value finally settled.

7 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I think only having one of this two coin set will make it a tough trade against a stand alone coin like the previous two in the series. Personally even if I had extras of the 3Gs I wouldn't consider trading one against this because all that would guarantee me would be even more stress come March when I'd be trying to get the second part of this set. That is stress no one needs.

Your best bet is probably to sell what you have and use the cash towards buying what you want. It'll be some time before the value of this coin is reliably nailed down. With the 3Gs it wasn't until the market was flooded with graded examples before the value finally settled.

If you get both coins in hand it will put the Gothic on a whole different level IMO.

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

If you get both coins in hand it will put the Gothic on a whole different level IMO.

Yeah I think you could be right especially in the larger sizes since I believe there was no subscription for those?

A lot of people were lucky to go for the subscription in the 2oz silver but a lot weren't so there will inevitably be a lot of broken sets out there. I suppose some will favour one design over the other so that may help to balance things out but yeah... it'll be rarer for sure to see the two of them together again especially in the larger sizes.