• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

4 minutes ago, Panda6Pack said:

I'm sorry - don't mean to offend anyone but - The Three Graces was an awesome design and it gave people something to queue for  - but this ... No way. Royal Mint Marketing department at its finest.

Everyone has their own taste. It's not right or wrong. Heck some people like Tesla 

6 minutes ago, papi1980 said:

The RM guy today told me that mine will be shipped after Christmas…😂

I was told mine will be the 26th Jan. Something along the lines of, they will send all 3 in one shipment and that's when the last one will be ready.

God only knows why they couldn't have all of these ready in time. It shouldn't have been a surprise.

58 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Then its not really a gothic crown is it?? Isn't an important aspect of a gothic crown the unique portrait of queen Vic isn't it? 

Like the coin just dont get it lol

Todays release 

Gothic Crown: Quartered Arms

next in March 2022

Gothic Crown: Portrait

Can only use current Monarch portrait on newly minted coins @Oldun pointed out to us a few pages back

It kept letting me see the full website this morning,then back to website is down etc etc..then to the queue which was at 1,988 or something.

it then took forever to move and after an hour i noticed from the forum everything was gone so gave up.

I see the flippers and normal lot got one of everything so what a pile of s****.Never got **** all before so not doing this terrible again.

only wanted a 2 oz :(

what-a-load-of-old-shit.jpg

2 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Am I the only one thinking its not really a gothic crown with the current queen on? Dont get it

Would have been better being an exact replica at least of the real thing with queen Vic 

I think it looks ok with The Queen on, imagine if it was Charles instead. 😬

I’m happy for everyone who was able to get what they wanted. I don’t want to be bitter after sitting in the queue for two hours to get nothing. I still don’t understand how they allocate the position numbers.

I did call RM just before 11am when I got in and saw there was nothing left, they have added me to their cancelled list which he explained is a first come first served basis. He told me I’m number 19 in the queue, so I might still get the 2oz Silver afterall.

If I don’t, I’ve enjoyed this thread and it’s great to see the community spirit of this forum, everyone helping, discussing and advising each other.

It’s what it’s all about. 😊

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

@terakris , @AndrewSL76 It's the Reddite crown or something, the coin design.

My brain told me that was a really weird name while trying to access it from my memory 🤷‍♂️ 

Turns out it's a Thomas Simon design, the most un-weird name on the list...

I think you mean the ‘petition crown’. Fantastic if so. Wonder how the hell they are going to do that!!!! Grading would be a waste of time, for sure!!!!

3 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

@terakris , @AndrewSL76 It's the Reddite crown or something, the coin design.

My brain told me that was a really weird name while trying to access it from my memory 🤷‍♂️ 

Turns out it's a Thomas Simon design, the most un-weird name on the list...

Found this

Screenshot_20211206-164837_Chrome.jpg

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

The last two 2oz Gothic crowns have sold on feeBay this past hour for a £1000 each

Whilst we all thought they would do well ,that's just mental!

£ for £ turning out to be the best investment?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just caught up on this thread. Been busy working!! 😓 

So, at 9am I got 550th (ish) place, ordered a 2oz Silver (all that was left) then, when I was busy looking around at “what I could have won” I spotted the two coin continuity option 🤦‍♂️ so ordered that too (assumed one would be cancelled). Shortly later the continuity option disappeared but the Quarter only option was still available to order. 

Apparently I will receive the two coin series after checking with RM 😮💨 

I’ll probably get nothing 😂 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA