• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

20 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Well just spoke to the mint and I got the 2oz gold. 

I'm stunned, sorry to all that didn't get what they wanted, I actually feel a little guilty as a new guy here that somehow lucked in to the front of the line.

The 5 soverign set and the gothic crown...what a lucky year

Ridiculously lucky to score like that.... Well done and congrats. Don't feel guilty for it. You lucked out big time!!

I think I've got the single 2oz silver. Like many I didn't check first time around for the continuity tab/or it wasn't there?🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I payed for the single then went back for a second look to find there was two options for the silver 2oz. 

I thought 🤬 it, the tabs there to buy it so I did! I received emails for both.

Feeling paranoid I gave the mint a call. The continuity is on hold pending review but the single is good. I did mention about just canceling the single if she could so I could have the continuity set but no joy.

I was told to wait and see over the next few days which would be processed? She probably just wanted me off the phone 😆

Still happy of course 😊 Just a little annoyed about possibly missing the portrait coin.

Edited by AurumArgenti

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Well done ! the 2oz gold will do well, ive no doubt

Do you have a RM account manager @apachebleu ? or was your call just to customer services/sale team

I think people got the wrong end of the stick, it was an online purchase from getting lucky in the queue. The call was a follow up because the order wasn't confirmed even though the money was taken.

After what I've spent this year I think I deserve an account manager though!

1 minute ago, apachebleu said:

I think people got the wrong end of the stick, it was an online purchase from getting lucky in the queue. The call was a follow up because the order wasn't confirmed even though the money was taken.

After what I've spent this year I think I deserve an account manager though!

Thanks - you did well, i was early-ish onto the site before a lot of others but it had sold out already for me :( 

3 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

I think I've got the single 2oz silver. Like many I didn't check first time around for the continuity tab/or it wasn't there?🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I payed for the single then went back for a second look to find there was two options for the silver 2oz. 

I thought 🤬 it the tabs there to buy it so I did! I received emails for both.

Feeling paranoid I gave the mint a call. The continuity is on hold pending review but the single is good. I did mention about just canceling the single if she could so I could have the continuity set but no joy.

I was told to wait and see over the next few days which would be processed? She probably just wanted me off the phone 😆

Still happy of course 😊 Just a little annoyed about possibly missing the portrait coin.

I have a 2oz single and continuity...I panicked today when my orders didn't seem to be going through and made multiple orders. The lady I spoke to told me that they will probably both go through as they are different product codes but we'll see

15 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

I thought 🤬 it the tabs there to buy it so I did! I received emails for both.

9 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I have a 2oz single and continuity...I panicked today when my orders didn't seem to be going through and made multiple orders. The lady I spoke to told me that they will probably both go through as they are different product codes but we'll see

Well i'm in a similar boat. But with two of the single coins, ordered with two different names, address's and cards. Just on the same RM account as my father lucked out getting on the site. He just want's to leave it and let the mint either send both or just one... 

Edited by SilverDrum

78av.gif

1 minute ago, Piperscoins said:

I've been told buy the RM that there will be coins being released in March so i beleive that not everyone could of ordered both coins. 

Yeah there definitely was a continuity set up for grabs to the earlier queue members  ( long gone by the time I arrived) you only pay for one coin today but are guaranteed the second in March ( second payment will go out then)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Had a call from my RM account manager, i was in the position of being promised a guaranteed/allocated a 2oz gold last week, but could not be sure which, milled or plain edge as i didn't quite qualify for my spend level to 100% guarantee one of the 125 "plain edges" and he would know once they had finished contacting all their higher level Mint Marque members. 

Well, i am proud to report, i am an owner of a 2oz Gold "plain edge" Gothic Crown now  

One very happy chappy here today !  :) must me for my "services to the forum" Ive been rewarded from on high 

So what you banging it on ebay for 20 or 25k lol. But on a serious note congrats I'm proper miffed I never got the chance at 1

4 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

So what you banging it on ebay for 20 or 25k lol. But on a serious note congrats I'm proper miffed I never got the chance at 1

😆 😆 😆 noooooo, I will be HODL'ing seeing how it goes with this one.  Whilst i dont think, it will reach Una & Lion levels of price personally, just by the small mintage of 125, i just cant see many coming to market for resale. 

Will be an interesting one to watch/follow in coming few years 

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

Had a call from my RM account manager, i was in the position of being promised a guaranteed/allocated a 2oz gold last week, but could not be sure which, milled or plain edge as i didn't quite qualify for my spend level to 100% guarantee one of the 125 "plain edges" and he would know once they had finished contacting all their higher level Mint Marque members. 

Well, i am proud to report, i am an owner of a 2oz Gold "plain edge" Gothic Crown now  

One very happy chappy here today !  :) must me for my "services to the forum" Ive been rewarded from on high 

What was the annual purchase amount required to qualify for one of the plain edge? I assume it was more exclusive than just having an account manager?

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

I’m happy for you Paul! ☺️

It was offered to Platinum Mint Marque members down over, i believe 

https://www.royalmint.com/mintmarque/consumer/

he told me he had a little sway with my case despite the spend not being up to scratch, but because i had purchased the other 2oz gold Engravers in the series 

So hopefully stand me in good stead again in March to with any luck 

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

😆 😆 😆 noooooo, I will be HODL'ing seeing how it goes with this one.  Whilst i dont think, it will reach Una & Lion levels of price personally, just by the small mintage of 125, i just cant see many coming to market for resale. 

Will be an interesting one to watch/follow in coming few years 

Hopefully given the diddy mintage and the intended customers they want to get every coin to a 70

6 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Am I the only one thinking its not really a gothic crown with the current queen on? Dont get it

Would have been better being an exact replica at least of the real thing with queen Vic 

Royal Mint can only use current heads of state on coins….eeees da law.

Edited by Oldun