• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

Is it possible to cancel the remaining items in a continuity order or is it binding? (or would I simply be foolish to do so on the 10oz portrait?)

I am sure you can cancel it.

I would probably be willing to buy it at cost plus, say £50 for your trouble. 

Completely understand if that wouldn't be worth the hassle though 👍

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Is it possible to cancel the remaining items in a continuity order or is it binding? (or would I simply be foolish to do so on the 10oz portrait?)

My guess is you may regret it as the portrait should be spectacular; it’s always a gamble what the market will do but I can see you losing money on it 

2oz arrived today. Just makes me wish I had ordered the 5. It's nice but my enthusiasm has waned since I actually bought it. 

On the bright side it's flawless, so well done RM for that. 

Hi guys,

just come across a Facebook post offering the Gothic Crown for £425 (I'm sure some of you have seen the same post) Is the arse falling out of this coin re-sale wise or do you think It will pick back up over the coming years? Bought mine for £600 on the secondary market which I was happy with (and still am mind) but was just a bit surprised to see one this cheap.  Any thoughts welcome. Thank you all.

1 minute ago, Dazlenk said:

Hi guys,

just come across a Facebook post offering the Gothic Crown for £425 (I'm sure some of you have seen the same post) Is the arse falling out of this coin re-sale wise or do you think It will pick back up over the coming years? Bought mine for £600 on the secondary market which I was happy with (and still am mind) but was just a bit surprised to see one this cheap.  Any thoughts welcome. Thank you all.

The arse hasn't fallen out of the market per say, 

More like the arse has fallen out of certain people that bought 😁

After the second coin in march.....true price discovery will commence. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Dazlenk said:

Ah right, makes sense!! lol

Right now we only have one half of a likely winning set?

Imagine the difference when it's complete.....

whilst all this is speculative I'm certain of one thing.....if the price in a year settled at £400 per coin or £800 a set...I'm feeding mine to the neighbours dog😁

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

The arse hasn't fallen out of the market per say, 

More like the arse has fallen out of certain people that bought 😁

After the second coin in march.....true price discovery will commence. 

I believe once the Vicky gothic comes out prices on the first release will gain value..but always once the first release is issued prices inflate,flippers ask an extra £300-400 in the first few days hoping to make a quick profit...a small percentage do but then their is a stalemate and you see flippers lowering their original prices..I've been offered these coins for around £200+ lower after a week or so because they can't shift them..and on a personal note I'm glad as I detest flippers who buy to flip for greed....

38 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Cheers for the head's up - I wouldn't normally buy from FB, but I'll take a chance at that price!

You could take a chance or buy guaranteed from me for 30k 🙃

8 hours ago, James32 said:

whilst all this is speculative I'm certain of one thing.....if the price in a year settled at £400 per coin or £800 a set...I'm feeding mine to the neighbours dog😁

Can I be said neighbour’s dog just for that particular day?  I’ve been told I’m rather cute with big puppy dog eyes. 😏

11 hours ago, Dazlenk said:

Hi guys,

Christmas credit card payments due……some have over reached and will take any profit…..

Hi guys,

Whatever the reason the prices might be dropping, its a great opportunity for those who missed out to pick one up.

I struggle to see how this great coin, and the mintage (although slightly higher than the other great engravers) won't hold its value or go up in value.

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

Whatever the reason the prices might be dropping, its a great opportunity for those who missed out to pick one up.

I struggle to see how this great coin, and the mintage (although slightly higher than the other great engravers) won't hold its value or go up in value.

I agree these coins will probably hold value & when the 2nd coin comes out they will rise abit. I have 2 I am selling & its not the £500+ they have been selling for as any profit is profit & helps buy other coins for the collection.

Hi guys,

Maybe off topic but on a more macro level money has started to rotate from speculative assets into value assets, this type of shift in trend can last many years.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Get on to chards fast as there only £400 under special vat scheme 

Just now, Geovest said:

Chards have it listed for £400 in their Special Scheme VAT free

Beat me to it by seconds 🤣🤣