• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

Whats the vat free scheme ? 

Essentially them re-selling coins that were previously owned. So VAT was paid on the original purchase and to avoid double taxation, VAT is only charged on their margin, not the full price.

This is only applicable to "white" metal, silver and platinum mostly

I was pretty chuffed with myself to bag one for £500 on eBay before Christmas and didn’t think I would see that price being beat by so much 

but glad it is 

I think this is the end for the series price wise as it’s been on a slow decline with the graces and now the gothic 

I mean you won’t get a better looking coin than the gothic and it’s struggling to hold its premium 

I don’t see the March release changing this much, as predicted either 

i guess we will never see the dizzy heights of the una again 

I've got mine advertised now, but might remove it for the time being. 

It's a lovely coin to own, one of my favourites, but selling a few items I have now

Edited by Iacabu

www.fyldecoins.co.uk

3 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

I was pretty chuffed with myself to bag one for £500 on eBay before Christmas and didn’t think I would see that price being beat by so much 

but glad it is 

I think this is the end for the series price wise as it’s been on a slow decline with the graces and now the gothic 

I mean you won’t get a better looking coin than the gothic and it’s struggling to hold its premium 

I don’t see the March release changing this much, as predicted either 

i guess we will never see the dizzy heights of the una again 

You could always be right.

The way I see it though is how could we expect the true price when it's only half completed?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

You could always be right.

The way I see it though is how could we expect the true price when it's only half completed?

that is a good point but i would say the better half has been released first and there just isn't the demand for it. every man, dog and even nans are aware of the series now so i dont see a genuine excuse as to why it not preforming 

and no one can blame brexit, covid, or Januarys bills for how the market is reacting to the sells. its always demand 

6 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

that is a good point but i would say the better half has been released first and there just isn't the demand for it. every man, dog and even nans are aware of the series now so i dont see a genuine excuse as to why it not preforming 

and no one can blame brexit, covid, or Januarys bills for how the market is reacting to the sells. its always demand 

Dam there goes my enthusiasm down the drain🤣🤣

Think you should buy some more and try and cost average? 

3 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

What if I told you the majority of people who bought only did so with the intention of selling later at a higher price.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Just now, magpie79 said:

if dealers are letting them go for £400. then that explains it all 

who's better in the know them or us 

Yeah that certainly doesn't help the cause.

Since we are on the topic......want to buy two more by any chance? 😂

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

What if I told you the majority of people who bought only did so with the intention of selling later at a higher price.

👆 underrated comment.

1 minute ago, magpie79 said:

the preppers would love that 🤣

Just give me an idea on how to sell make mine more appealing. 

If anyone wants a gothic crown mine Comes with a tub of protein powder and a 12 pack of bum roll.

Just now, James32 said:

Just give me an idea on how to sell make mine more appealing. 

If anyone wants a gothic crown mine Comes with a tub of protein powder and a 12 pack of bum roll.

Doubled your investment there I would say 😂 

25 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

I think everyone is being a bit negative on this coin !

It's more mintage than the first two, so that is always going to have an impact.

I prefer it to the three graces, but una will probably always be my favourite.

But, I await the portrait to see them both together.

From a current market rate perspective, the 2oz silver is around double retail on ebay. That's good right compared to most coins?

I think the retail market across board (not just coins) is soft at the moment. Whether that's Christmas, fear, inflation whatever, who knows.

Let's see how it goes, but for me it's one of the best coins in recent years from the RM, with a reasonable mintage. I still struggle to see how it's going to continue to reduce on value.

I have been wrong many times, and could quite possibly be again!